Stable Release??

Hi all,

So happy to see this aircraft revisited and upgraded, and the generous price for previous buyers of the A-10c :thumbup:

Based on past exeperience and woes, I am a strict user of the stable version only and as such I am willing to wait for most things to come out of early access to enjoy them free of crashes (of the desktop type!) and other torments.

I am wondering when it will be released to the stable version of DCS, if anyone knows. :D

Cheers

• ED Team

Hi

Release to stable version depends on the whole of dcs being in a stable state, not just a module.

I dont have a date for you yet for the stable patch, as soon as I do I will update the patch status post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Interesting responses, thanks guys.. sounds a lot like the open beta has morphed into the stable version :lol:, it wasn't always the case. When the idea first came to release an open beta version of the sim it used to crash for me regularly and also required twice the disc space... I seriously regretted using it at the time. :doh:

If you have enough room on your HD or SSD, you can run both versions. That's what I do so I can have the latest stuff the Beta offers, and still be able to keep flying something if something gets broken in the Beta that makes it temporarily unplayable for me. Still getting the HOTAS setup tweaked for the new A-10C II module, but other than that its working great. No crashes or strange behavior. I've noticed I can sustain turns a lot longer now without the crazy departure characteristics of the original module.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

If you have enough room on your HD or SSD, you can run both versions. That's what I do so I can have the latest stuff the Beta offers, and still be able to keep flying something if something gets broken in the Beta that makes it temporarily unplayable for me. Still getting the HOTAS setup tweaked for the new A-10C II module, but other than that its working great. No crashes or strange behavior. I've noticed I can sustain turns a lot longer now without the crazy departure characteristics of the original module.

Or if you have OK internet but not enough disk space you can just switch from OB to stable and back using the updater. A10c II definitely worth it

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Like all beta software it does crash from time to time, eg zooming out in the mission editor can sometimes trigger it, F9 view on a ship in MP will also sometimes make CTD

A stable version of DCS would be great at some point, but for now we just have Beta or release version to choose from

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

• ED Team
Like all beta software it does crash from time to time, eg zooming out in the mission editor can sometimes trigger it, F9 view on a ship in MP will also sometimes make CTD

A stable version of DCS would be great at some point, but for now we just have Beta or release version to choose from

No software is bug free, ask microsoft.

Yes the stable version is just a version of open beta that as the name would suggest is more stable. It will never be completely bug free, that is the nature of complex code, which in DCS is over 3 million lines of code.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Sooo, the patch tomorrow will include the A-10c II?

Yes, that is the plan

thanks

Hi all,

Based on past exeperience and woes, I am a strict user of the stable version only and as such I am willing to wait for most things to come out of early access to enjoy them free of crashes (of the desktop type!) and other torments.

I am wondering when it will be released to the stable version of DCS, if anyone knows. :D

Cheers

I dont play the beta version either. I just fly the stable version and I'm wondering when the new A10 will be released on the stable version. Until then I'm working on learning the F14.

CPU: Intel Core i9 10900K  -  GPU: ASUS ROG Strix 3090 OC Edition  - Mobo: Asus ROG Maximus XII Formula Motherboard  -  RAM: 64 GB HyperX  -  EK Open Loop liquid-cooling  -  PSU: FSP Hydro+ PTM 1200 Watt liquid-cooled Power Supply   -   PIMAX 8KX Headset

ThrustMaster Warthog Throttle and Stick  -  Winwing Landing and Combat Panels  -  MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I dont play the beta version either. I just fly the stable version and I'm wondering when the new A10 will be released on the stable version. Until then I'm working on learning the F14.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/stable/2.5.6.55960/

The answer is, now.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria