Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stable Release??

Hi all,

So happy to see this aircraft revisited and upgraded, and the generous price for previous buyers of the A-10c

Based on past exeperience and woes, I am a strict user of the stable version only and as such I am willing to wait for most things to come out of early access to enjoy them free of crashes (of the desktop type!) and other torments.

I am wondering when it will be released to the stable version of DCS, if anyone knows.

Cheers

I’ve played hours and hours... not a SINGLE crash of any sort. Might want to just take a small leap especially on this one because it is pretty awesome

Comment

Never had a CTD on OB. Yes, there are more bugs in modules, we're playing it to report these so players on stable don't have to see them, but no CTD.

Comment

My only computer crashes this year have been because of my systems lack of memory.

Comment

Hi

Release to stable version depends on the whole of dcs being in a stable state, not just a module.

I dont have a date for you yet for the stable patch, as soon as I do I will update the patch status post

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Interesting responses, thanks guys.. sounds a lot like the open beta has morphed into the stable version , it wasn't always the case. When the idea first came to release an open beta version of the sim it used to crash for me regularly and also required twice the disc space... I seriously regretted using it at the time.

Comment

If you have enough room on your HD or SSD, you can run both versions. That's what I do so I can have the latest stuff the Beta offers, and still be able to keep flying something if something gets broken in the Beta that makes it temporarily unplayable for me. Still getting the HOTAS setup tweaked for the new A-10C II module, but other than that its working great. No crashes or strange behavior. I've noticed I can sustain turns a lot longer now without the crazy departure characteristics of the original module.
              ASRock Z370 Professional Gaming i7, Intel i7 8700K Coffee Lake processor @4.7GHz, Corsair H105 Liquid Cooler, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB DDR4 3400 memory, MSI GTX2080Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB video card, Samsung 840PRO 256MB SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 850PRO 2TB SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb Pro, and Oculus Rift CV1. Partridge and pear tree pending.

Comment

Originally posted by eaglecash867 View Post
                If you have enough room on your HD or SSD, you can run both versions. That's what I do so I can have the latest stuff the Beta offers, and still be able to keep flying something if something gets broken in the Beta that makes it temporarily unplayable for me. Still getting the HOTAS setup tweaked for the new A-10C II module, but other than that its working great. No crashes or strange behavior. I've noticed I can sustain turns a lot longer now without the crazy departure characteristics of the original module.

Or if you have OK internet but not enough disk space you can just switch from OB to stable and back using the updater. A10c II definitely worth it
                Windows 10 Home ¦ Z370 AORUS Gaming K3 motherboard ¦ i5-8600K oc to 4.3GHz ¦ 48GB Corsair PC4 memory @ 3000MHz ¦ Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD for OS, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB SSD for DCS ¦ ASUS ROG GTX 2060 Super 8GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk2 and MCG ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Oculus Rift S

Comment

i was a stable user as well, but just had to try out the A10C II. week later i have been flying the Tank Killer every night and not a single crash yet. So might be worth your while to switch to OB.

Comment

OB is not that bad. If there's a crash they put out a hot fix pretty fast.
                    Buzz

Comment

stable is planed for tomorrow. almost hear the new Brrrrrrt....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=273255

Comment

Will the patch include the new A-10c II module?

Comment

Originally posted by Hive View Post
                          Will the patch include the new A-10c II module?

I assume yes since the stable has always been updated to the latest OB.

Comment

Like all beta software it does crash from time to time, eg zooming out in the mission editor can sometimes trigger it, F9 view on a ship in MP will also sometimes make CTD

A stable version of DCS would be great at some point, but for now we just have Beta or release version to choose from
                            Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures

Comment

Originally posted by HC_Official View Post
                              Like all beta software it does crash from time to time, eg zooming out in the mission editor can sometimes trigger it, F9 view on a ship in MP will also sometimes make CTD

A stable version of DCS would be great at some point, but for now we just have Beta or release version to choose from
                              No software is bug free, ask microsoft.

Yes the stable version is just a version of open beta that as the name would suggest is more stable. It will never be completely bug free, that is the nature of complex code, which in DCS is over 3 million lines of code.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Sooo, the patch tomorrow will include the A-10c II?

Comment

Originally posted by Hive View Post
                                  Sooo, the patch tomorrow will include the A-10c II?
                                  Yes, that is the plan

thanks

Comment

Hello, I purchased Tank Killer Oct 2, installed OB and this title still has not shown up in the Module Manager to download and install. What am I missing? Thank you for your kind reply. Saranda

Comment

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post
                                      Yes, that is the plan

thanks
                                      Thanks for the confirmation

Comment

I know it's off-topic, but could you please fix the l-39 missing english cockpit textures before bringing it to stable? It's an easy solution, do not let game-breaking bugs pass in the stable... ehm... release version, come on!

Comment

Working...
                                        X