How is LSS code entered. All I get is INVALID CODE ERROR

So to enter LSS code, I go to CNTL page of TPOD , on right MFCD with TPOD set as SOI. In CNTRL page, I press LSS Code OSB. But pressing them just displays LASER DES CODE INVALID, and there input from UFC is not accepted. Thats a little bit aggravating. Because it feels, like its designed wrong. How do we actually input code for TPOD and for Mav L or other laser guided weapons. With default 1688 code, GBU-54 LJDAM and APKWS are flashing (aligning). But Mav L is a problem. I am completely unable to alter 1111 code. I also have persistent CICUINPUT ERROR. New start up part of DSMS data load is a bit confusing. Do I load ALL first or load HMQS first then ALL. What am I missing?

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

How in the bloody ell does that even work? TPOD L under CNTL subpage does accept new data. But LSS does not! Displays LASER TRACK CODE INVALID.

Say I am want to change , in flight my L and LSS codes, and weapon codes to 1378. Or any 4 digit code.

For TPOD, set it to be SOI, goto CNTL subpage. Enter 1378 on UFC, which is not displayed anywhere, then press L OSB to set. That works. Try to repeat that process for LSS. Enter 1378 on UFC then press LSS OSB. Thst does not work. LASER TRACK CODE INVALID is displayed until ACKowledge OSB is pressed. Next?

Same frustration with weapons. GBUY-54, AKPWS, and Mav L all blink with default 1688 code. Mav L actually magically switches to 1111 when going to Mv L MAV page. Enter 1378 then press weapon selector OSB does not programme in new code. Next?

Mav L . I dont what to do with that weapon. It does not accept codes from UFC, and does not launch with LAUNCH INHIBIT NO TRACK error.

Kind of confusing and aggravating.

You say there is consistency, of first entering code on UFC then selecting option that its for. Seems bassackdwar to me. Counter intuitive and inconsistent. Maybe I am missing something that I dont even know I am missing.

One error I get persistently and never goes away is CICU INPUT ERROR flash on bottom of HUD. I don't know what causes it, and how to clear it. ACK does not clear it. Master Caution does not Pressing ENTER on UFC does not. CICU otherwise seems to be functioning. DSMS data is there. TAD map is there. Except in Syria where there is color map dat for 10 and 20 ranges. Otherwise only waypoints and SADL targets are displayed but without map underlay. Nav is unaffected. So I don't know what CICU ERROR it is referring to.

How in the bloody ell does that even work? TPOD L under CNTL subpage does accept new data. But LSS does not! Displays LASER TRACK CODE INVALID.

Say I am want to change , in flight my L and LSS codes, and weapon codes to 1378. Or any 4 digit code.

For TPOD, set it to be SOI, goto CNTL subpage. Enter 1378 on UFC, which is not displayed anywhere, then press L OSB to set. That works. Try to repeat that process for LSS. Enter 1378 on UFC then press LSS OSB. Thst does not work. LASER TRACK CODE INVALID is displayed until ACKowledge OSB is pressed. Next?

Same frustration with weapons. GBUY-54, AKPWS, and Mav L all blink with default 1688 code. Mav L actually magically switches to 1111 when going to Mv L MAV page. Enter 1378 then press weapon selector OSB does not programme in new code. Next?

Mav L . I dont what to do with that weapon. It does not accept codes from UFC, and does not launch with LAUNCH INHIBIT NO TRACK error.

Kind of confusing and aggravating.

You say there is consistency, of first entering code on UFC then selecting option that its for. Seems bassackdwar to me. Counter intuitive and inconsistent. Maybe I am missing something that I dont even know I am missing.

One error I get persistently and never goes away is CICU INPUT ERROR flash on bottom of HUD. I don't know what causes it, and how to clear it. ACK does not clear it. Master Caution does not Pressing ENTER on UFC does not. CICU otherwise seems to be functioning. DSMS data is there. TAD map is there. Except in Syria where there is color map dat for 10 and 20 ranges. Otherwise only waypoints and SADL targets are displayed but without map underlay. Nav is unaffected. So I don't know what CICU ERROR it is referring to.

Press CLR on UFC to clear CICU error. It happens when numbers have been input via UFC scratchpad or CDU pad, then an OSB has been depressed, resulting in an input error.

As for reprogramming L / LSS. I just did this.

TGP CNTL OSB, via scratchpad or CDU pad - input a valid code (1222 is not a valid code for example, first digit has to be a 1 and believe second digit has to be a 6/7 but double check documentation for that).

Once your valid 4 digit code as been input via pad - press OSB button next to L or LSS.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

So to enter LSS code, I go to CNTL page of TPOD , on right MFCD with TPOD set as SOI.

SOI doesn't matter.

In CNTRL page, I press LSS Code OSB. But pressing them just displays LASER DES CODE INVALID,

Blank entry is invalid. Type the data into the scratchpad first and then press the OSB to move the data from scratchpad to the location.

and there input from UFC is not accepted.

Press CLR key on UFC or CDU to clear the error message from the scratchpad. The caution will be cleared by a valid input success or by TMS left short.

How do we actually input code for TPOD

Enter code into scratchpad (e.g. 1222) and then press OSB 18 and OSB 17 for Laser and LSS respectively.

and for Mav L or other laser guided weapons.

Default laser codes are done in the DSMS INV for laser weapons such as GBU-12, GBU-54, APKWS, and AGM-65L.

MAV format for AGM-65L has an additional interface. With MAV SOI, cursor is advanced by shifting boat switch forward then center. The value at the cursor position is slowly incremented with boat switch aft. Center the boat switch to stop the value increment. I have experience a case where cursor was able to change but not value which may be a bug but I can't replicate.

If you have any difficulty with the AGM-65L laser code set it in the DSMS INV page and power on the weapon. It should initialize to the value set in DSMS INV.

With default 1688 code, GBU-54 LJDAM and APKWS are flashing (aligning).

The flashing isn't necessarily aligning, just showing alternating weapon status and numerical code.

I also have persistent CICU INPUT ERROR.

Use UFC or CDU CLR key

As far as I know LOAD ALL will load all data cartridge information and is normally used during airplane start. If you only want to load new DSMS information for example after landing and rearming (or rearming after initial load) then loading only the DSMS info with LOAD DSMS will only update DSMS info. Loading other info will overwrite any existing info in that category.

E.g. LOAD TAD will overwrite any custom settings on TAD. LOAD TGP will overwrite any changes to the TGP pages. LOAD PAGE will overwrite brightness, MFD format ordering, LOAD HMCS will overwrite any changes to the HMCS profiles.

I feel you need to go back to the manual. You're tring to work systems blindly and then whine something is not working.

Values (numbers or letters) entered by UFC or CDU are displayed in at least 2 places. You can clear any warning messages.

Also I believe you have to use these acceptable laser codes.

Cheers!

8ed9b38c635fa1f9058a268aa5479d9c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

I feel you need to go back to the manual. You're tring to work systems blindly and then whine something is not working.

Values (numbers or letters) entered by UFC or CDU are displayed in at least 2 places. You can clear any warning messages.

Yeah this. We're talking about entering a laser code here not punching in a 9-line.

Once upon a time, available laser codes for the A-10C were in this data range:

20100510545420514717066107.jpg

Now, they're in that one :

20100510545520514717066108.jpg

Could you check if the laser code you tried to input was in the second data range ?

Not to hijack the thread but thank you for this. I have used 1776 as my code in MP for ages now and was wondering why it didn’t work anymore. Any idea why the range changed?

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

The DCS A-10 has always been limited to 1111-1688 for TGP codes. This isn't a new change. It's been this way since 2011.

I bought it the minute after it was made available in 2011 and flew thousands hours with it. I kindly suggest you sir make sure you know before you teach :smilewink:

20100612375720514717067923.jpg

What you can read here was the initial thing. It was then changed twice, the way you can see in my previous post.

20100612275820514717067921.jpghttp:

OK. That worked for TGP code. But when I try to enter code change for weapons in DSMS, they still flash, and continue to flash through the mission.

Enter valid code on UFC, press desired OSB on DSMS for weapon, then press LOAD. But weapons still flash between default code 1688 and STBY. Damn this is confusing.

I did discover one problem, which I was not even aware off, and place this one I place entirely on ED. The UFC scratch pad is 100% obscured by HUD Camera. Too see it, without VR, view has to be manipulated in awkward way. I was not even aware there was scratch pad on bottom of HUD, until I stumbled on it. In v1.0 this was not needed, thus I did not miss it.

But when I try to enter code change for weapons in DSMS, they still flash, and continue to flash through the mission. Enter valid code on UFC, press desired OSB on DSMS for weapon, then press LOAD. But weapons still flash between default code 1688 and STBY.

It's supposed to alternate display back and forth. It only has one space to show info and two pieces of info to show there.

This ^^ 100% ^^ "blinking (aka "cycling" of data on the DSMS page for those stores is normal behavior).

My input:

When in the INV sub menu of the DSMS, entering a code deviation from the normal 1688 is correctly achieved by inputting the desired "valid" laser code and pressing load - or load symmetrical if the same weapon type is on the opposite station (3 and 9 for example) and the new laser code is desired for both of those weapon stations.

You can also now achieve this directly from the maverick page, however I have not input the code like this as I am stuck in the "old school" method. Only if I am presented with a scenario where the Maverick has already gone through the initiation cycle, would I consider inputting the new desired laser code via the boat switch input method as this would be in a time sensitive / personnel sensitive environment.

I did discover one problem, which I was not even aware off, and place this one I place entirely on ED. The UFC scratch pad is 100% obscured by HUD Camera. Too see it, without VR, view has to be manipulated in awkward way. I was not even aware there was scratch pad on bottom of HUD, until I stumbled on it. In v1.0 this was not needed, thus I did not miss it.

I recommend raising the seat or otherwise sitting up.

I agree that adjusting your seat height up will assist you in reading what has been input via the scratchpad or the CDU. There can also be an adjustment needed, even when using VR - so don't feel alone on this one.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Or you could just start here, no explanation needed at this point, NO video's just a in game learning, pure old ED gold:)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?CREATED_BY=CaptMikeDK&set_filter=Y

I would start out slow and easy learning the HOTAS first.

Well I started to convert the old A-10C training missions, from way back then 2013! I think when I bought the game, after Falcon 4. :)

I am working on the TGP mission and all the other missions, but a lot of flags in the mission editor that has to work, and changes made by ED to the 10C II.

Status! working on TGP tutorial now and some new voice instructions and updates made to the "NEW" A-10C II.

PS. these missions are in Russian to !

Enjoy

Edited by CaptMike