NV overlay on HUD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NV overlay on HUD

Really great update on the A10 ED. Question, how do we get the NV/FLIR overlay on the the HUD? Haven't played with it too much but just wanted the quick and dirty answer.

There is no overlay option for the HUD, do you mean the HMCS display?

Forum RulesED YouTube PageMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
    **How to Report a Bug**

Comment

That must be it. I was thinking more AV8 style i guess. So just HMCS on and look around at night and that should do it right?

Comment

Originally posted by peter View Post
        Really great update on the A10 ED. Question, how do we get the NV/FLIR overlay on the the HUD? Haven't played with it too much but just wanted the quick and dirty answer.
        Originally posted by peter View Post
        That must be it. I was thinking more AV8 style i guess. So just HMCS on and look around at night and that should do it right?
        So are you talking about Night Vision Goggles? If so, you can search goggles in control binds for the A10CII (there should be toggle on/off, intensity up/down). It is controlled separately from the HMCS.

You do have the ability to enable/disable the TGP overlay on the HMCS, and change the TGP from BHOT/CCD/WHOT which will allow you to see things in the respective imaging via the HMCS - but it will still only be an overlay filling the bottom left corner of the HMCS display.

Cheers,

Ziptie
        i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Comment

Wasn’t there an early development screenshot that showed FLIR in the HUD?

IIRC, the target was fuel tanks like at a refinery...
          sigpic
          http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php
          High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.
          www.crosswindimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Emmy View Post
            Wasn’t there an early development screenshot that showed FLIR in the HUD?

IIRC, the target was fuel tanks like at a refinery...
            Did you know? True Harrier fans contribute to the AV-8B Community Bugtracker!

Comment

possibly just WIP version of the TGP projection in helmet, and not intended end result.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X
              GPU: AMD RX 580

Comment

Yup, that’s the image I was trying to remember.

Sure looks like FLIR in the HUD.
                sigpic
                www.crosswindimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by Flagrum View Post

This is the scorpion jhmcs not the hud.
                  And you can slave it to your head los so that the tgp seeker follows your head, or just have the image of where it is pointing
                  Vincent "Virus" DThe
                  PC: 9900K/RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM.
                  Joystick bases: Winwing SuperLibra, FSSB R3 Warthog
                  Joystick grips: Winwing F18, TM F-16
                  Throttles: Winwing Super Taurus
                  Hardware: MFG Crosswind Rudder, 4 Thrustmaster Cougar MFD, Logitech G13
                  VR:Valve Index

Comment

Looks like a monocle NVG, on the same eye as the Scorpion HMCS, and it also appears the TGP display is in the lower left - as the there is a clear circular shape, yet the bottom left looks quite square.

Looks like both HMCS and NVG, with the TGP display toggled on the HMCS.

Cheers,

Ziptie
                    i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x400 gig SSD drives (one soley for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Comment

But the HMCS doesn’t display within the confines of the combiner glass so as released, this shouldn’t be possible.

But I agree that upon further review, it looks like NVG Monocle through the HUD (HMCS notwithstanding)
                      sigpic
                      www.crosswindimages.com

Comment

Originally posted by VirusAM View Post
                        This is the scorpion jhmcs not the hud.
                        And you can slave it to your head los so that the tgp seeker follows your head, or just have the image of where it is pointing
                        Hi

No, It just displays where the TGP LOS, not HMD LOS

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Working...
                        X