[CORRECT AS IS] TGP boresight

mlb406

Hi, loving the upgraded A-10.

Just been on a training mission to try out the new stuff and found that whereas previously I could recage my TGP to boresight with China Hat Aft Short when TGP is SOI, this now operates the LSS function - I think this has changed since the previous version, although I could just be getting my muscle memory confused :huh:

Many thanks

TGP not resetting with China Hat Aft

As per title, China Hat Aft short is not resetting the TGP, instead it starts LSS.

Steps to reproduce:

1- Make sure China Hat Aft is mapped in the controls

2- Move the TGP around

3- Press China Hat Aft Short

expected: TGP should reset to boresight mode

actual: TGP goes in LSS mode

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Simming since 2005

My Rig: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming, AMD Ryzen7 2700X, G.Skill RipJaws 32GB DDR4-3200, EVGA RTX 2070 Super Black Gaming, Corsair HX850

There is no boresight mode, no bug.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

• ED Team
if I create several markpoints A, B, C, D I cannot enslave the TGP in these mark with chinahat aft long. How does it work now?

Hi

Please take a look at Wags video he explains the markpoints

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

So to clarify, to put the TGP back to boresight, you need to set the TGP back to standby and then back to A/G mode. Correct? Seems cumbersome compared to prior, but if it's accurate that is all that really matters.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

On the previous version of A-10C the boresight function of TGP was mainly used to reset Gimbal Roll. On this new version it seems that the Gimbal Roll is reseted automatically. I made some quick test and when you lock a target the TGP come back to a centered position before locking SPI. May be I'm wrong but this is what I noticed. In this case reset TGP to boresight is less important.

I will do more test tomorrow...

Funny how the F-18 wants to always boresight (having to undesignate) for most things, and now the A-10 doesn't want to *facepalm*

The Viper says hold my beer and watch this.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

Yeah I've found no way to put the TGP back to boresight after ground stabilizing it / slewing it. Really not a big deal, as I don't think putting it back to boresight is really a super useful tool - just muscle memory at this point, and now that muscle memory takes you to a laser spot search.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria