Wags' HMCS video :)

Eldur

Edit, I just see he beat me to it even though I just pressed MiG28 before posting to make sure it's not posted here already...

Edit: Kinda was expecting the TGP to be an overlay directly on top of the center cross. Guess this will be interesting to use in VR the way it is now.

The features are just what we need to up our SA. I want to see all that in the Hornet and Viper now... icon_redface.gif

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

the hmcs looks nothing like what was shown above

Thought the same, but judging from how complex the HMCS is I would not be surprised that it can be customized more to the pilots needs. I just have a feeling that Wags did not show us 100% of what that thing can do, because he wrote:

"The HMCS consists of several sub-systems, but we’ll focus on the Helmet Mounted Display (HMD) and the Profile Editor in this video."

I mean, its a really powerful tool... and I really wonder what those "several sub-systems" can do.

Cant wait to try it out, now I am even more happy I have picked the Hog as my main aircraft a month ago. The possibilities with this thing are awesome. I watched the Tank Killer launch trailer like twelve times now...

Edited by Mr.Scar

I was thinking that you could have an option to have the TPOD FLIR overlaid or off-set.

Where in video He is having it off-set, and the previous screenshots were it set as Overlay.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Outstanding instructional video on a great addition to the HOG.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

awesome Video :thumbup: thanks Wags!

would pay 10$ for such a HMCS for every DCS module that has it IRL (<-of course).

Is it only used in our A-10C II (IRL)?

The Scorpion HMD is also used by the USAF on the AC-130W/J and some ANG F-16s (the NG unit out of Colorado uses them) but most aircraft in the USAF inventory still fly JHMCS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

Correct, the video is from a later version with correct implementation.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2