Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discount on A-10C II Dependant on when you got the A-10C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount on A-10C II Dependant on when you got the A-10C?

Title
    Does it matter if someone got the original A-10C years or days before the upgrade package comes out?
    I m considering getting the A-10C now for full 60, and then getting the upgrade for 10, and get both the A-10C and the A-10C II, but i m not sure if it matters when someone got the original A-10C
    Modules:
    F-14, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, M-2000C, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B N/A, MiG-29, Su-33, MiG-21 Bis, F-5E, P-51D, Ka-50, Mi-8, Sa 342, UH-1H, Combined Arms

Maps and others:
    Persian Gulf, Syria, Normandy, WWII Assets, NS 430 + Mi-8 NS 430

It doesn't matter, but since the A-10C II will appear likely on the last day of September and usually there is a Sale before the end of October, I would wait to see if I can get the A-10C at a discount and then get the II for $10
    For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
    For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
    Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

My understanding is once new A10 upgrade/module is released it will replace the original in the store.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by cthulhu68 View Post
        My understanding is once new A10 upgrade/module is released it will replace the original in the store.
        Yes, you are right .. don’t know what I was thinking?
        For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
        For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
        Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

I got mine in 2011.. i should get mine for $1.92

Comment

I don´t think so, all paid campaigns would become obselete then. Could you share a link? The A-10 II FAQ doesn´t seem to point to this.
            sigpic
            i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | 250 Gb 970 EVO SSD | GTX 1080 | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3 TM MFDs | Realteus ForceFeel | Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel
            FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - NTTR - PG - Mi8 - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II

Comment

The a-10c II will replace a-10c in the store, nevertheless by buying the a-10c II you'll have access to both modules / suites, a-10c and a-10c II. So I think if you want to save 10 bucks you have to buy a-10c now for 60 and then upgrade for 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra View Post
                I don´t think so, all paid campaigns would become obselete then.
                My guess is they'll add option to use either A-10 for existing campaigns , which would be simple to do. I dont see any of the new weapons or HMCS making a huge impact on existing missions where they would need to be changed. Its not like the A-10 now has HARMs, JSOWs, and SLAM ERs, just a little more range and precision to existing weapons.
                Last edited 09-20-2020, 03:51 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

According to BN, both will be present in the unit listing.

So while the new A-10C will replace the old one in the store, it will include the previous one.

Originally posted by BIGNEWY View Post
                  both will be in the unit list, yes.
                  Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk
                  Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cHQdNq

Comment

Originally posted by Bartacomus View Post
                    I got mine in 2011.. i should get mine for $1.92

And here I'm thinking I should wait a month because $10 for all the work they've done doesn't seem fair.

I'll go ahead and get it and let them worry about the business side of things, mostly because I don't want to wait a month to play with it, but still.

...pre-release the controls settings so I can get the pit configured, though. Least they could do.

Comment

If you purchased the A-10C and it is on your account you will be eligible for the discount.

We are planning the same for steam also

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
                      Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

If you purchased the A-10C and it is on your account you will be eligible for the discount.

thank you
                        Cool. So quick question: so I bought mine in 2011 and it is in my current account. What price would I expect to pay for the -10C II? I'm a bit confused as to what the discount is. Thanks!
                        System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Comment

Originally posted by Notso View Post
                          Cool. So quick question: so I bought mine in 2011 and it is in my current account. What price would I expect to pay for the -10C II? I'm a bit confused as to what the discount is. Thanks!
                          Existing owners of the A-10C will be able to upgrade to the A-10C II for $9.99. Check this video by wags, he goes over the details in the first few minutes:
                          https://youtu.be/42LBTv9tdhc
                          Modules

Combined Arms, Super Carrier, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, ,F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, P-51, Su-25, Su-27, MiG-21, MiG-29, Ajs-37, UH-1H, Ka-50, Sa-342
                          Terrains

Nevada Test and Training Range, The Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, Syria

Comment

Originally posted by Notso View Post
                            https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286066
                            Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, TM T-16000 FCS FLIGHT PACK, MS FFB2, JETSEAT TURBOJET, DELAN CLIP FUSION

Modules:A10C, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
                            https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

Comment

Awesome, thank you!
                              System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Comment

thank you

Hi Bignewy,

How about for those A-10C owners that with active license key? Can we buy @ discounted price too?

Thanks!

Comment

As an A-10C owner, I wish I could pay full price for the A-10C II Tank Killer module, just to support ED. Paying only $9.99 for a new module after so many years of owning an old module feels like highway robbery (with me being the robber).

Is there an option to pay full price instead?
                                  PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
                                  Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)

Comment

Originally posted by yongkh View Post
                                    Hi Bignewy,

How about for those A-10C owners that with active license key? Can we buy @ discounted price too?

Thanks!
                                    If you own the A-10C you are eligable for the discount for the A-10C II.

Thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status
                                    Windows 10 Pro x64, NVIDIA MSI RTX 2080Ti VENTUS GP, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3000, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming VIVE COSMOS

Comment

Originally posted by rrohde View Post
                                      As an A-10C owner, I wish I could pay full price for the A-10C II Tank Killer module, just to support ED. Paying only $9.99 for a new module after so many years of owning an old module feels like highway robbery (with me being the robber).

Is there an option to pay full price instead?
                                      Good question. I think I paid $9.95 for the A-10C years ago on Steam. That combined with a price of $9.99 for this upgrade definitely feels like stealing from ED.

Comment

You can just wait some weeks, und Pay 19,99 $ for the update, es 9,99$ only is for the first days.
                                        System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 7 3800X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 48 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super OC , Running SSD only
                                        Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5
                                        DCS Stable and Open Beta , Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , Supercarrier

Comment

Working...
                                        X