No announcement yet.

Cost of upgrading A10C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoping with the addition of a pre-order discount, the cost comes down to around $15.
    F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Comment

Looking forward to this major upgrade. Credit card is at the ready ;

Comment

Well the original A-10C is $60, BS2 is $50 and (I checked my receipts) the BS2 upgrade was $26, and I'd expect the A-10C upgrade to be somewhere around that as well. I wonder if they'd really go as far as upping the A-10 from 60 to 80 though.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eldur View Post
          Well the original A-10C is $60, BS2 is $50 and (I checked my receipts) the BS2 upgrade was $26, and I'd expect the A-10C upgrade to be somewhere around that as well. I wonder if they'd really go as far as upping the A-10 from 60 to 80 though.
          I'm thinking that the A-10C II standalone, without any discount, could sell for $70 or $80, it'd make sense. At least assuming it's significantly different from the original A-10C, systems-wise.
          The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs
          vCVW-17 Discord: https://discord.gg/QxmUP9X

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum|
          F/A-18C ,
          AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C, M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Comment

Originally posted by Eldur View Post
            I'd be willing to pay that. Less than $30. Well... I'd probably pay for a bit more than $30 but will regret buying the original on last sale. Because I'd be paying $60 total and that'll be $20 more than others would pay for the full v2 during 50% sale.

Unless they offer more discount for people who recently purchased...

Comment

Originally posted by Taz1004 View Post
              I'd be willing to pay that. Less than $30. Well... I'd probably pay for a bit more than $30 but will regret buying the original on last sale. Because I'd be paying $60 total and that'll be $20 more than others would pay for the full v2 during 50% sale.

Unless they offer more discount for people who recently purchased...
              What's more likely is that the v2 won't be on sale for some time. Although that was not the case with the F-16, so who knows, really?

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum|
              F/A-18C ,

Comment

Picked up the A-10C back in 2014 I think on sale. Only spent $13 for it.
                F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Comment

I really hope they allow us to pay full price for a brand new module.

I've paid for the DCS A-10C module years ago, and I personally don't carry that notion of entitlement around just because I dropped a few bucks on something way back when...
                  PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit
                  Gear: HP Reverb | JetPad FSE | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III /w SCG-R Premium (side mount for DCS F-16)

Comment

Ten years ago I paid 59.99 USD for A-10C pre-order or whatever it was called back then.
                    I can pay the same now.
                    Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta.

Comment

I got it for $9.99... I wouldn't mind paying a little more, if it meant that I'd help ED. Especially seeing that the only announced modules that interest me is Syria (bought), the Typhoon and the F-15E.

F/A-18C ,

Comment

Wow...So many of you just waiting to toss your money at ED. Especially since there are so many unfinished modules years after their release. That's crazy to me. My take is a little different. I don't think that anyone is wrong or right here mind you. I really don't. You are perfectly justified in buying it if it brings you pleasure. But I kind of feel like the new A10 is sort of a cop out. It's like, Police Academy 6......A quick money maker that didn't require a lot of effort (relatively speaking) and isn't really all that thrilling. I don't mind the A10 the way it is and don't care if it's realistic or not. The truth is, I'll never ever know what it's like to fly an A10 because ED or any other company for that matter cannot put me in a real cockpit. You could put a dolphin's nose in the cockpit and tell me that it's a real A10 system And I would be none the wiser. I'm not training to fly any of these planes. I do know what certain aspects of military aviation are like and what they can do as I experienced them first hand when I was in the military. I have to say that more often than not, what I saw with my own two eyes and experienced in the flesh, ED seems to be pulling from a completely different reality. So what I have from ED, and what I paid for is plenty enough for me. This is a simulator, or game. I enjoy it for exactly what it is. I have lived reality and seen and felt what A10's, and Hueys can do. All I can say is that this is a game that is close to being a simulator. The new A10 means nothing but more $$ for nothing to me.

Comment

Fair enough.
                          The new bells and whistles mean more to me and people like me than they mean to you and others who think alike. That's fine.
                          I will throw $$, you will not, balance is there, cool.
                          Last edited by Gierasimov; 08-07-2020, 09:20 AM.
                          Intel Core i7-10700K - ROG Strix Z490-H Gaming - 64GB Vengance LPX - RTX 3080 Eagle OC - non-VR - single player - open beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Zimmerdylan View Post
                            Wow...So many of you just waiting to toss your money at ED. Especially since there are so many unfinished modules years after their release.

If you've ever written code you'd know that it's never done. There just comes a time when it stops being written for various reasons.
                            My Hangar: | A-10A | A-10C | AJS-37 | AV-8B II NA | F-14B | BF-109 K4 | C-101 | F-15C | F-5E II |F-86F | F/A-18C | FW-190 D-9 | KA-50 | L-39 | M-2000C | MI-8MTV2 | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | P-51D | SA342 | Spitfire IX | SU-25 | SU-25T | SU-27 | SU-33 | UH-1H |

My Playgrounds: | Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy |

Cockpit: | i7-4790K | EVGA Z97 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB | Samsung EVO SSD | Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino H.O.T.A.S. System | TrackIR 5 |

Comment

I assume, based on no knowledge at all , that the new A-10C II will not be build up/developed from scratch, but will be a further development from the current (old) A-10C module.

In that case it would only really be fair to to give current A-10C owners a serious discount.

I trust ED to match the A-10C II price to the amount of work invested into it by them.
                              If upgrading the old module takes them the same time as creating a new module, I don't see why they should not ask full price (I would be highly surprised if it would, but I'd probably end up buying anyway)

(new customers, that don't own the current A-10C version, should obviously pay for the full module price)
                              System specs:
                              Spoiler:
                              System specs: i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- HP Reverb v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat

Comment

I bought the A-10 years ago and flew it often. In fact, I actually bought the A-10 twice, FC-3 twice, and the Black Shark I bought and updated to BS-2 even though I don't fly that at all either. When the A-10c II comes out, I'll pay what I am asked to pay for it. Right now, I'm thoroughly immersed in the FA-18 and the SuperCarrier. But, for the record, if ED wants to sell a module and I have the money, I'll buy it. I have every module that ED has issued except the FW-190 Anton and the I-16. Most I just don't fly. This is my way of supporting ED because I am so in love with what I DO fly: Hornet (with the SC), Huey, P-51, and the Christen Eagle.
                                Last edited by =Mac=; 08-07-2020, 11:50 AM.
                                The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Comment

Working...
                                X