This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discussion of the X-ray Damage Model Development - WWII

I am happy to be able to give you a small update on the new Damage Model ED has been working hard on. An early version has now been submitted to ED internal testers. As Testing proceeds and all the bugs are squashed, expect some more info to be shared, hopefully some screenshots and/or videos as well!

Forum RulesED YouTube PageMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
    **How to Report a Bug**

Great news. Thanks for sharing the info. Which modules are going to receive the new DM?
    SplashOneGaming
    Discord

https://splashonegaming.com

Comment

Marvellous news... this will be huge!
      On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz
      Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive

Comment

Originally posted by Vitormouraa View Post
        Great news. Thanks for sharing the info. Which modules are going to receive the new DM?
        WWII Modules are planned right now.

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Originally posted by Vitormouraa View Post
          All of them, but the ww2 modules might be getting it first.

on ma mobile
          General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
          UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
          The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
          "Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
          Please send all hate mail to No11
          Updates to my stuff are now going here

Comment

Hallelujah! Bring on the beers! [emoji481][emoji482]
            Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S
            System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
            Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
            Maps: Normandy, Nevada

sigpic

Comment

Great!
              Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti 11 GB | 16 GB DDR4@4200MHz | HP Reverb | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 150%
              sigpic

Comment

great news!
                sigpic

Comment

Is this just for determining the damage received or will it also affect the visual representation of the damage?

It's a minor complaint, but it's a bit silly right now that fires on the wings are attached to the fuselage instead of to the wings, so that when you get your wings shot off you have phantom fires floating in the air where your wings should be. How hard would it be to put them in the correct place in the object hierarchy?

Comment

Yeah, does this change the visual as well?
                    Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S
                    System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
                    Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

sigpic

Comment

Great news, thanks Sith!

Az én iPhone készülékemről küldve a Tapatalk segítségével
                      www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!
                      -Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment
                      The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

Comment

Great news, thanks!
                        FTV Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

Comment

Awesome news! Can't wait for this! The update is much appreciated. An improved damage model will make a huge difference.
                          PC specs:
                          Spoiler:
                          Rig specs: i7700k @4.45Ghz. 32GB RAM. MSI GTX 1070ti. 27" 1440p G-Sync monitor. Samsung M2 drive.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralQuality View Post
                            Is this just for determining the damage received or will it also affect the visual representation of the damage?
                            Both.

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Hallelujah! Bring on the beers![emoji482]
                              Yup Gotta wait til tomorrow though... or is it Friday yet???
                              The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Comment

Don't get too worked up yet guys, it will still be some time yet, this was a personal issue for me as well, I submitted many tracks of me hammering WWII aircraft with tank and machine gun rounds, I plan on hitting the new DM model hard as I am sure other testers will as well. We are getting closer though.

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Sith, will screenshots be available soon? New ones from in-game, anyways?
                                  Last edited 10-12-2017, 06:16 PM.

sigpic

Comment

I can wait .... Warm champagne don't taste nice anyway....
                                    General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
                                    UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
                                    The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
                                    "Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
                                    Please send all hate mail to No11
                                    Updates to my stuff are now going here

Comment

Originally posted by joey45 View Post
                                      I can wait .... Warm champagne don't taste nice anyway....
                                      [emoji898]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Zach View Post
                                        Sith, will screenshots be available soon? New ones from in-game, anyways?
                                        Yes, as stated in the OP, I hope we can show something soon.

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Working...
                                        X