Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully the new damage model will bring more players to DCS. And hopefully its enough to make players want to stay and keep playing rather than just a spike in player population. I swear there were more players on DCS WW2 server before Normandy was released on 2.0. Even just 1 server filled daily would be more than enough to play regularly. There's been times where I'd go on only to see all of the WW2 servers empty.
    http://i.imgur.com/LYvIQFB.gifv

Comment

The Merge should help too I think.

Forum RulesED YouTube PageMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
      **How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Will the new damage model make water landings much more plausible? As soon as the plane touches the surface, I disappear in a spray of water. I'm hoping that with the new DM, I may be able to do water landings off the coast of Normandy.
        Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S
        System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
        Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
        Maps: Normandy, Nevada

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Zach View Post
          Will the new damage model make water landings much more plausible? As soon as the plane touches the surface, I disappear in a spray of water. I'm hoping that with the new DM, I may be able to do water landings off the coast of Normandy.
          I'd like this too.

Hopefully they will, with the debug pictures showing ED were modelling spars and such, there's scope to deal with crash landings better.

Plus with ED slowly pushing forwards on carrier ops, it's an event that's going to happen a lot more often
          Last edited 12-03-2017, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Realistic water landings would be most welcome, but if they release the new DM without this I'd still be happy. This DM update is soo very much needed. I hope the testing is going well.

"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
            "Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" P-51D Campaign
            "Jagdflieger" Bf-109K-4 Campaign
            "Hunters over the Yalu" F-86F Sabre Campaign
            "Horrido!" FW-190A-8 Campaign

Comment

Any chance of some news on the damage model?
              Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 16GB Ram | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MFG crosswind Pedals

Project IX Cockpit

Comment

Originally posted by Krupi View Post
                Any chance of some news on the damage model?
                All I can say is I am making their life tough right now

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Originally posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
                  Would that be via nasty emails? Seriously, what ability do you have to influence the outcome and timeline?
                  ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1

Comment

Originally posted by cichlidfan View Post
                    Would that be via nasty emails? Seriously, what ability do you have to influence the outcome and timeline?
                    I am currently testing the DM, I know the communities expectations, and I know mine. I am not holding back. I like to think I have a reasonable amount of influence, I see all the complaints here, and I make sure they are addressed to the people working on the DM. Good enough?

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

Good enough?
                      I will accept that as the best you can do.
                      ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1

Comment

Originally posted by cichlidfan View Post
                        I will accept that as the best you can do.
                        As much as you have been a glass half empty kind of guy lately, I will take that as a victory

**How to Report a Bug**

Comment

As much as you have been a glass half empty kind of guy lately, I will take that as a victory
                          The upper half of the glass is empty, the logic is unassailable.

Comment

I can't wait to see screenshots of it when ready! [emoji106]
                            Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S
                            System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
                            Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

sigpic

Comment

Awesome to even here there is hard work still being done !
                              Want that jug toooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hub View Post
                                Want that jug toooo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                YES!! Sorry. I had a moment there. Been waiting for the Thunderbolt for a long time
                                Last edited 12-14-2017, 07:40 AM. Reason: Lol. I accidentally used a I instead of an B when trying to bold.

sigpic

Comment

After 2.2 patch, I noticed a change in AI behaviour.. after taking some damage, the AI will RTB and won't engage you. Also, the '1 hit, governor dead' bug seems gone.. anyone can confirm, or is just me?
                                  Specs:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:
                                  Spoiler:
                                  2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Comment

Originally posted by amazingme View Post
                                    After 2.2 patch, I noticed a change in AI behaviour.. after taking some damage, the AI will RTB and won't engage you. Also, the '1 hit, governor dead' bug seems gone.. anyone can confirm, or is just me?

I am suspicious of the same thing,. I noticed a P51 turn away and head "home" once its engine had been damaged by flak.
                                    On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz
                                    Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive

Comment

I cannot confirm - yesterday I was shot down by an AI P-51 who had been smoking black and white for 5 minutes.

Also, it seems that now it's even easier to kill the engine with a few hits. I got shot down that way a couple times. One "snap" sound, and the manifold pressure was gone. I also became surprisingly better at shooting down German planes with the P-51, their engine seems to die after a few hits too.

"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
                                      "Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" P-51D Campaign
                                      "Jagdflieger" Bf-109K-4 Campaign
                                      "Hunters over the Yalu" F-86F Sabre Campaign
                                      "Horrido!" FW-190A-8 Campaign

Comment

Good to hear
                                        Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 16GB Ram | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | Oculus Rift CV1 | MFG crosswind Pedals

Project IX Cockpit

Comment

I am currently testing the DM, I know the communities expectations, and I know mine. I am not holding back. I like to think I have a reasonable amount of influence, I see all the complaints here, and I make sure they are addressed to the people working on the DM. Good enough?
                                          Didn't realize you were testing it, yourself. I have three questions for the new DM, if you can answer, that is. If you can't answer these questions, I understand. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if you can't right now.
                                          1: Will there be new animations or other new visuals (such as proper bullet hole placement) with the new DM for our aircraft, so we can more accurately try to asses our damage in the shortest amount of time?
                                          2: Will there be accurate water landing physics, and visuals to go along with?
                                          3: Will the damage model update bring any new features, or strictly just the damage modeling? I ask because there are some features missing on some aircraft. An example being the lack of functioning coolant and aftercoolant relief valves on the current Mustang.
                                          If I missed an answer for any of these, I must have missed it. If you can't answer them at the moment, that's fine. [emoji106]

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                          X