No announcement yet.

Corsair time frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same when the original Il2 was actively developed in in the early 2002. "Two weeks, be sure"
    Universal flight sim classic apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert31178 View Post
      I mean, it would have been different if they would have had a jillion Corsairs to choose from for flight sequences. Cut them some slack!

I am cutting them some slack, but really you only need ONE aircraft to film start up and shut down.

As someone pointed out already it just got bad toward the end, but there are lots of big airplanes so I watched it anyway. The only part that bothered me was Boyington throwing his guys under the bus for a paycheck. Granted, he was as flawed as the rest of us and needed it. I still visit him

whenever I'm at Arlington.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudel_chw View Post
        Once upon a time, Matt Wagner, from ED, made the mistake of promising the delivery of some item "in two more weeks" ... of course that timeframe was not met and it originated an insiders joke, that has been repeated so many times that currently isn't funny at all. Buy the Harrier, it's a really enjoyable aircraft in spite of a few bugs and items still not finished.

The "two weeks" thing started well before Matt. It was something from the original, IL2 1946, decades ago.
        I9 9900k @ 5ghz water cooled, 32gb ram, GTX 2080ti, 1tb M.2, 2tb hdd, 1000 watt psu TrackIR 5, TM Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals

Comment

Well all of these posts are from March, and now its August and not much info yet.
          The Corsair F4U is My favorite plane and I look forward to flying it ASAP
          and landing it on the Carrier that Magnitude will provide with the Corsair
          and the Super Carrier will be nice as We can watch what happens and get
          clues as to how to become better at landing.

Comment

Originally posted by BSS_Sniper View Post
            The "two weeks" thing started well before Matt. It was something from the original, IL2 1946, decades ago.
            Oleg Maddox said long time ago "Two weeks, be sure..."

Comment

Yes, the 'two weeks' gag came from the days of the banana forums
              - 'The Dog's Rollocks' - sigpic is a water cooled behemoth :
              i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Comment

I hope they give us the C version with the 20mm cannons.
                That would be so cool. I used to fly it a lot in War Thunder.
                Great plane and carrier capable with the upgraded landing gear.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Euan Emblin View Post
                  Yes, the 'two weeks' gag came from the days of the banana forums
                  Nope before the banana forums, back on the ubizoom il2 forums....

Comment

I wonder if they can re-use any "piston engine" code from the P-47. If I'm not mistaken, they both used the Pratt and Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Mango View Post
                      I wonder if they can re-use any "piston engine" code from the P-47. If I'm not mistaken, they both used the Pratt and Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp.
                      While it's true that they use the same engine the P-47 is an ED product while the Corsair is a Magnitude 3 product and I don't see them exchanging code.

Comment

ED has provided APIs for new features like A2G radar to 3rd party teams before. Why not for (certain) radial engines? It is in their best interest to speed up the development and increase the quality of of 3rd party DCS modules.

Comment

Even if they did I suspect it's not a drag and drop solution. They have to test it to make sure the performance matches the real aircraft, and that would be if the engine was exactly the same which is not the case. If my memory is correct Corsair uses 2 superchargers while the Thunderbolt uses a supercharger and a turbocharger and that drastically changes the engine characteristics (engine response, power relative to altitude etc). Don't get me wrong I'm not saying there is nothing that ED could give to help with the development of the Corsair. There may be an API just for radial engines and it could probably help speed up the development, I just don't think it is that simple.

Furthermore let's not forget that the Corsair has been in development for quite some time. I would assume that Magnitude 3 has delved quite deep into engine and switching to a new API or whatever else ED could provide them with might actually delay rather than speed things up.

Magnitude 3 has mentioned that they plan to update us in the state of their modules including the corsair in the next few days. Let's hope we will have some exciting new information regarding the state of the project.

Comment

Working...
                          X