Mariana Islands Map & DCS: WWII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ercoupe View Post
    I am VERY much looking forward to flying that F4U from Pacific Island airfields. The only thing that could be better would be having a P-38. But it's not gonna happen, so I'll take what I can get.
    Corsair + Zero (even AI Zero) will be epic for me and I hope that a full fidelity Zero comes eventually as there is enough information around to get it done I think.
    i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
    Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen
    Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Azraq View Post
      I think that you are missing the fact that the map will have two different versions: one for modern combat, another one for WWII.

That is precisely why I posted what I did. I would be in favor of a more modern era map that can be used now and the WWII era map - pre invasion that Hiromachi is asking for - later when at least the Corsair becomes available.
      sigpic

Comment

Is Pearl Harbor on this map? Would be an amazing campaign starter. Scrambling from a nearby field, flying over battleship row watching the attack take place, script in a gunner on a battleship (Dory Miller) shooting down an enemy plane.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

There are more than 3200 NM of mostly open ocean between Pearl Harbor and the Marianas...

Comment

Originally posted by Dannyvandelft View Post
            Is Pearl Harbor on this map?
            No
            My Semi-Pro Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Cunctator View Post
              There are more than 3200 NM of mostly open ocean between Pearl Harbor and the Marianas...

It wont take them long to put in then.

Comment

What is the word on the Marianas Islands Map? It was announced back in January and here it is August and it hasn't dropped. Whats become of it? The photos ED showcased led me to believe the maps was about ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkysak View Post
                  What is the word on the Marianas Islands Map? It was announced back in January and here it is August and it hasn't dropped. Whats become of it? The photos ED showcased led me to believe the maps was about ready to go.
                  From the first screenshots to an Early Access release can be years, depending on the module. Showcased map photos usually mean that one area (out of a vast region) is good enough to show what it might look like when it's finished. Who knows what it looks like just out of the field of view of camera.

The CEO announced in Mid-April (ref: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=269757 ) that the Marianas was "Mid-term" which was clarified to mean "it might be delivered in less than 9 months". From mid-April, that means it might be by the end of the year.

The key word is "might".

Given covid-19, the major summer push on bugs, the general delays on software and Hofstadters law, I would consider this to be a very optimistic might.

Comment

In the GR interview with Simon, I think he said it was pushed back to the end of the year or Q1-2021.
                    i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 512GB | LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
                    EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Comment

Any news about time release?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EAF51_Luft View Post
                        Any news about time release?
                        They say "end of year or first months of next one"
                        "La follia è come la gravità, basta una piccola spinta e....."

http://medusasquad.altervista.org/
                        http://medusasquad.altervista.org/forum/
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/garaganotube

Comment

The cliche 'it will be ready when it is ready' always stands. I want it like everyone else, but they say patience is a virtue.

Comment

It helps being a rotorhead, to develop that virtue of patience. It takes so dang long to get anywhere!!
                            sigpic

Comment

I have no illusions about why this map is slow to finish... It is free.
                              P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Comment

Working...
                              X