[NO BUG]Twin 40mm Bofors AAA Unit Initial Heading: 180 deg. Out.

Bowie

Yeah,and they've been like that for a long time too,in fact they've probably been like that since they were implemented doh.gif

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with MFG 10cm Extension/WINWING Orion Rudder Pedals (With Damper Edition)/TrackiR5/Windows 11 Home

• 1 month later...
  • ED Team

We do have some bofo issues reported already.

Please include a short track replay when posting bugs

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

BigNewy in my opinion this is NOT A BUG. The Bofors gun is on a trailer, with the gun facing backwards away from the tow vehicle.

This means that in the ME, the gun is pointing the opposite way from the directional arrow.

But this makes sense, because the bofors is a towed unit. Forwards, is towards the tow, not the gun.

Here is an image showing the gun in the ME. Note that the Bofors is set to orientation towards the NORTH, towards the water.

LDpS3z2.png

Now, in 3D mode, you can see the BOFORS GUN is pointing south. But the "front" of the unit is the tow, not the gun. The tow is pointed north, correctly.

PQwvVp6.png

If we add a vehicle towing , it makes more sense.

ABtJvk9.png

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/