[REPORTED]Invisible trains in multiplayer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[REPORTED]Invisible trains in multiplayer

Querying a bug regarding trains on Normandy map in multiplayer.

A couple of us are experiencing an issue with trains being invisible in multiplayer: the server host alone can see the train (and carriages) but any clients joining the server cannot.

I’ve put together a very basic mission to test this (see attached file). If I host I can see the train but my test partners cannot and vice versa.

Has anyone else found this with their missions? Is this a bug in multiplayer or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks.
    Attached Files
    My PC specs: Win10 64 Pro, CPU i7-3820 4.4GHz, 16GB RAM, GPU Nvidia 1070 (8gb vram).
    Controls: Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Pedals, TrackIR5.
    My DCS Youtube Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/No64Bounder

If I recall correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong), trains in DCS are programmed like civilian traffic and clouds, i.e. they're only local machine dependent scenery fillers and they're not synchronized between users in multiplayer.
    i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Comment

Originally posted by Art-J View Post
      If I recall correctly (someone correct me if I'm wrong), trains in DCS are programmed like civilian traffic and clouds, i.e. they're only local machine dependent scenery fillers and they're not synchronized between users in multiplayer.

There are two "types" of trains.
      1. Civilian traffic trains (in the Caucasus map these run on the base map, just like civvy traffic)
      2. Placeable mission editor trains. These exist in the normandy map and "snap" to the rail lines. They are programmed in to spawn and move about on waypoints just like road vehicle units, and UNLIKE the type-1 trains above

Bounder is right. The 2nd type of trains do not show.
      Even as a host, or in single player, the 2nd type of trains do not show for me at all in Normandy map.
      On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz
      Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive

Comment

Originally posted by philstyle View Post
        Even as a host, or in single player, the 2nd type of trains do not show for me at all in Normandy map.
        Hi,

There is a tab to configure the train : Locomotive + waggon

Comment

Originally posted by Blech View Post
          Hi,

There is a tab to configure the train : Locomotive + waggon
          Exactly. And after you set up the train only the host can see it in multiplayer. When you test the mission in single player it shows up. Sometimes I can't see them at all when I'm the host sometimes I can in multiplayer.
          Georgian Spring Server: Join the Revolution!
          http://georgianspring.enjin.com/

Training for Sabre Pilots
          http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/

Comment

Has anyone tested to see if having the Civ Traffic setting on or off during the mission makes a difference?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I can’t see them in multiplayer but I also have Civ Traffic off!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

used to be a problem with boats like this... im curious if you spawn some speedboats will your wingmen see them the same as host? old problem may have returned?
                ""This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Comment

I can confirm that boats are still an issue. We've been tearing our hair out trying to get a few of our 355th ops with moving ships working for everyone.

What seems to mostly work (after being destroyed, ships will "teleport" back to their starting position to burn but they are otherwise fine) is if no unit movement is late-triggered; all ships must be moving at mission start for all users to see them in the same position.

Sorry for the brief hijack! I haven't checked your .miz but if your train's movement is late-activated, or the train itself is late-activated by trigger, it might be worth a test to see if everyone sees it when it's moving at mission start.
                  Last edited 11-20-2017, 05:54 PM.
                  MY MISSIONS AND CAMPAIGNS:
                  THE GEORGIAN WAR - OFFICIAL F-15C DLC
                  Operation Hydra - Large scale MP CO-OP in the Persian Gulf

The New Soviet Republic - Ongoing MP CO-OP Campaign in the Caucasus region
                  Operation Wax Wings - Large scale MP CO-OP in the Caucasus region
                  Operation Lead Sky - Large scale MP CO-OP in the Persian Gulf
                  Operation Skyhook - Large scale MP CO-OP in the Persian Gulf

Comment

convoy train

Hello everyone, in the mission editor I create a train with locomotive and wagon and waypoints, but they are still invisible in the game. Near the train I placed a vehicle to observe the train, in the game I see the vehicle not the train. In the mission above, in the list of countries there is the third reich, I did not find it, I made a repair of DCS, now I have the third reich but still no train. Thanks for your

Comment

Does anyone know if this issue is receiving attention, probably not to important considering the other serious issues with 2.5 beta. But it is VERY FRUSTRATING
                      Asus ROG MAXIMUS X Formula
                      Intel i7- 8700K 4.8ghz
                      Asus GTX 2080ti OC edition
                      64 Gb RAM at 3200mhz
                      Kraken X 72 cooler
                      Samsung CHG90 monitor at 144 htz
                      DCS on M.2 drive 500 Gb

Comment

This really needs some attention, ED . . . 3 years since the bug was reported.
                        On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz
                        Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive

Comment

+1

Yeah,3 years.....this beggars belief does'nt it ?.....come on Ed,our patience is coming to an end

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Comment

Same in Channel map.

I remember way back when the A10C came out we had MP missions with trains as targets. The Tank cars would blow up nicely when hit. No issues then for clients. Something changed.

Would love to see this fixed.

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, Oculus S, Win 10

Comment

Hi all,

apologies this issue has been open to long, I will try and chase it up

thank you

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Hi Bignewy! Any update on this? With the rockets coming to the P-47 we need trains to blow up in multiplayer.
                                i7 7700K @ 4,8 Ghz | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | EVGA RTX 2080 XC ULTRA | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5
                                Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16 C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | C-101
                                Caucasus | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Comment

This needs to be fixed, ruined a Multiplayer Session for us

Comment

Bumping this back up as it's still an issue. One of our guys spent a lot of time building a mission, we flew a long way there, and no train. Please fix this, finally.
                                    3800X, X570, 32GB 3600, RTX 2080Ti, SSD, Odyssey+ VR

Comment

Working...
                                    X