The Big Show Campaign. Mission 10 - Armed recce - Engine stops @ 1st way-point

BSS_Tintin

While around 1st waypoint, about to either attack vehicle convoy or in dogfight with 190's, the engine always dies and windmills with flames coming out of the exhaust stacks.

I try to cut mixture, engage booster coils, use wobble pump, etc. to restart, but alas - Pierre ends as PoW or KIA. :(

I have tried the following fuel combinations from T.O:

- fuel pump off, and tank pressurization off

- fuel pump on, and tank pressurization off

- fuel pump on, and tank pressurization on

- fuel pump off, and tank pressurization on

No change, engine dies every time, after which I am of/course unable to restart.

Can someone offer some advice so that Pierre can finish is wartime flying career as he is supposed to?

BR Tintin

P.S.

I have watched PhilStyle flying all these missions on YouTube - carefully.

But my Merlin does not want to purr...

(Perhaps I shall ask for a Packard...)

Flames out of exhaust probably mean that you over boosted engine.

Pls tell us what power setting are you using for climb/cruise ?

At 2500rpm try avoid running engine above +7lbs

At 2850rpm you can go up to +12lbs.

Remember this, engine rpm will limit max boost so when changing power setting, in case when you need more boost increase rpm first, in case you need lower rpm for fuel economy decrease boost first.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

I have been struggling with the same problem on the first mission. Ive flown the mission 3 times and the engine seems to cut out at around 18000ft. Im running the engine at 2600-2800 RPM with 7-8 boost. The engine doesn't die it just loses all power, like from the lack of gas or supercharger failing. If I drop the nose (with no power) and loose altitude the engine kicks back in.

I have been struggling with the same problem on the first mission. Ive flown the mission 3 times and the engine seems to cut out at around 18000ft. Im running the engine at 2600-2800 RPM with 7-8 boost. The engine doesn't die it just loses all power, like from the lack of gas or supercharger failing. If I drop the nose (with no power) and loose altitude the engine kicks back in.

Then you need to flip fuel pump ON, switch is under elevator trim wheel.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor