Aux Tank Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aux Tank Question

I'm a bit confused here in regards to the 300 liter external drop tank and the 115 liter aux tank that may be fitted behind the bulkhead according to the ED A-8 manual. Is the aux tank modeled and usable? Also, I have a bit of confusion about the fuel tank pump switchology. The ED manual says when using the drop tank you flip on the external tank pump E16 breaker. However in chucks guides and in several videos I have seen them say to use the aux tank pump breaker E96. So which is it?

I think the Aux tank is not modeled and with a dropper tank you use the drop tank circuit breaker. Thats at least what I am doing.
    ​​​​

Comment

The Auxiliary fuel tank is modeled, you must set additional fuel in the ME.
      When you have fuel in it, you will see when set draw fuel from rear fuel tank that needle showing fuel quantity of fuel inside rear (Hinten) fuel tank does not move for first 10 minutes of flight at full power, for lower power settings will it took longer. The needle moves nearly immediately when no fuel is in the Aux fuel tank.

What is wrong with this is C/B for it. It does not matter if it is close or open position, fuel pump in the Aux fuel tank works always. I am sure it worked correctly in past, but...
      sigpic

Comment

Correct me if i wrong, dont think it is so deep modeld right now. But from what i remember, the drop Tank will pump the Fuel direct in your rear Tank. There is no feeding Line direct to the Engine from the Drop Tank. First 10 Min or so you have first to drain the rear Tank to create enough space for the Fuel from the Drop Tank. Aux Tank is this 115 Liter Barrel behind the Bulkhead that is also installed in the 109, what can either hold Fuel in the Case of the A8 or MW50 for the 109. was installed to increase the Range.

Edit also didnt notice the AUX tank was working,thx Saburo
        Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

sigpic
        9./JG27

Comment

Both additional fuel tanks (Aux and external) are connected to the rear fuel tank (through T-join connection), with something like "one-way valve" to prevent fuel from one additional tank to go to the second.
          Something like "flow limiter" is instaled in both feed lines from additional tanks, so perhaps there is no need to create enough space in the rear fuel tank for fuel from them.

When fuel quantity gauge shows less than 240 liters in the rear fuel tank, than you know that your external or Aux tank is empty. That is what i remember...
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X