How to beat a P-47

I'm just new to the K4. I have mixed feelings about it but I can manage a spit with speed and a 51 with turns but the 47 ssems to turn like a spit and has the speed of a 51. Can I ask whats your tactic against this overpowered beast?

...Can I ask whats your tactic against this overpowered beast?

The P-47 is so easy to defeat with the Kurfürst that I have never really thought about the tactic to use.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Just climb away, but make sure first you have some distance or they will be able to snipe you with the .50 cal.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

Establish speed arround 300 km/h turn and stay in turn until you can find yourself in his six. Do not try to pull the stick in order to turn faster - thats a typical mistake. The speed will drop and you will hang defendless in the air. Instead make smoooooooooooooooooooooth turns and hold speed high. Use the rudder in order to have a clean airflow arround your 109 - That is very important. If he create a break just go vertical above him and attack him again from the upper position. It´s a constant changegame between altitude and speed.

If you do it right, you can outperform nearly all warbirds. Only the Spitfire is better in turns. All other warbirds will loose energy. The 109 is a killer if you able to survive the take off :thumbup:

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

Right now, P-47 is not fully modeled, you can pull full power even exceed MP levels with out any danger for engine.

Establishing now, any tactics against P-47 will be subject to change.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Establish speed arround 300 km/h turn and stay in turn...

I just had a test session with the 109 and a P-47 flown by a friend. We have a similar amount of time in the aircraft ( not much ) and a similar overall level of ability.

I flew smoothly, co-ordinated the turns carefully and he could not touch me, I could have shot him multiple times in the course of the fight.

I took two things away from the fight...

1 :- The P-47 dives like a piano falling off a high rise building, I am very glad I was behind him when he dove.

2 :- The BF109K is a killer if it's flown as you suggest

PS - I was also flying on a server without MW50

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe