No announcement yet.

New engine sound ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't stop flying the 109 since the last update. Thanks again for the sound revamp, it makes a huge difference!

"The Big Show" Spitfire Mk.IX Campaign
    "Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney" P-51D Campaign
    "Jagdflieger" Bf-109K-4 Campaign
    "Hunters over the Yalu" F-86F Sabre Campaign
    "Horrido!" FW-190A-8 Campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Reflected View Post
      I can't stop flying the 109 since the last update. Thanks again for the sound revamp, it makes a huge difference!
      Agreed. I wasn’t really in to ww2 birds only ever bought the spit, but after listening to the BF 109 fly past in the stay at home video I couldn’t resist.
      If everything seems under control, you’re just not going fast enough.

Comment

The sound now, to me, is as close as it can get to the real bird fly-by on some recent Youtube vids. The whistle combined with the low growl is fabulous.

Kudo's to the sound engineer for this!!

Comment

Yes, really nice job btd! Thank you, we all love the new sound!
          Kein Anderer als ein Jäger spürt,
          Den Kampf und Sieg so konzentriert.

Das macht uns glücklich, stolz und froh,
          Der Jägerei ein Horrido!

Comment

Flying K-4 or listening to other K-4 flying near is just a blast for me now
            I hope that that D-9 will got this upgrade someday, major issue is that there is no jumo 213 engine running life in the world right now
            sigpic

Comment

Despite all the salt, still gotta say this : Awesome work on the new sound of the 109! As stated above it's just a blast can't stop listening to it.

Comment

Yea there is definitely problem with Bf-109 Engine sound etc, There is noise coming from engine turbo is something which is too loud that feel bad in mixing, We can't hear engine good reminds me the sound of Spitfire and Mustang (Bf109 is absolute different big engine) So i prefer update the sound of engine, propeller and external sound of this warbird...
                Last edited by AliPG; 05-31-2020, 02:37 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AliPG View Post
                  Yea there is definitely problem with Bf-109 Engine sound etc, There is noise coming from engine turbo is something which is too loud that feel bad in mixing, We can't hear engine good reminds me the sound of Spitfire and Mustang (Bf109 is absolute different big engine) So i prefer update the sound of engine, propeller and external sound of this warbird...
                  The DB605 that powers the 109 is supercharged and it is very loud in real life as well.

Comment

The original in cockpit sound is in following video, ED should get idea from it. It sound incredible bass and true. Good sound naturally increase immersion also there is Viberation problem as well in warbirds, They don't give true feedback of engine (Although engine is entire plane) so... In real Bf-109 it sound big, it is one of biggest engine (bigger than mustang and spitefire) it should have big sound. You can analyse sound in following video, When he is taking off you can hear brutal sound of low pitch propeller it is so unbelievable low rpm and low pitch sound.

BF-109 Original Cockpit Sound

https://youtu.be/JGhMGQst4lo

Last edited by AliPG; 06-01-2020, 09:53 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

It’s great that you registered on the forum specifically to discuss this issue.
                      Be sure to always keep in mind that when viewing a video from a camera such as GoPro on YouTube, you get not quite the right information. Camera records sound with low-frequency vibration from the cab, which the ear will not hear. The camera has a compressor that distorts the sound level. The camera has a level limit that the microphone can record without distortion. And it is quite small.

What piston planes have you flown in life?
                      Best regards,
                      Kanstantsin Kuzniatsou (btd)
                      https://soundcloud.com/btd

Comment

Big thanks for the new sounds from me too, superb job! Fly-by's are lovely now No need for sound mods anymore.
                        CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X