Hold The Heights - A-4 Skyhawk and the Yom Kippur War

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hold The Heights - A-4 Skyhawk and the Yom Kippur War

I am starting a new series of videos featuring the A-4 Skyhawk during the Yom Kippur war in 1973.

Let's start off with a tour of the Golan Heights battlefield.

Episode 1 - Prelude to War

Here is the first episode. This is based on an action that took place in January 1973 in the prelude to the actual war.

A little tune up without much active air defense to worry about.

Comment

Nice video OP.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EightyEightMike (Mongo) View Post
        Nice video OP.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
        Thanks!

Comment

Into the Valley of Tears

Here's a quick video to show just what we are up against over the Golan Heights. It will not be healthy to spend much time at any kind of altitude at all...

Comment

We Are Under Attack

The first war time mission in the series.

Israeli covering forces are under attack and are hard-pressed by Syrian armor. The Syrian air defenses are dense and effective.

What is one Skyhawk to do?

Fly Low. Pop up hard. Find the targets in a hurry.

And drop some bombs on the enemy... or die trying!

Comment

That’s a really cool looking mission, very smart
              System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.
              Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_sukebe View Post
                That’s a really cool looking mission, very smart
                Thank you, sir. It was also A LOT of fun to fly.

I am hoping to release all of these missions eventually. So everyone can give it a try.

Staty tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by sidekick65 View Post
                  I am hoping to release all of these missions eventually. So everyone can give it a try.

Staty tuned.
                  Looking forward to it
                  For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra
                  For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 1500X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Pro - Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1
                  Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Comment

Episode 3 - Into the Dark

It's evening on 6 October, 1973. Israeli covering forces are stretched the breaking point with Syrian armor opening gaps in the southern sector of the Golan Heights. Now, Syrian infantry, with the aid of Soviet provided night vision gear is preparing to infiltrate those gaps and blow the front wide open.

The Syrian integrated air defense system is still in place and inflicting losses.

What is one A-4 Skyhawk to do? Tune in to find out...

Comment

Comes The Dawn...

Dawn on 7 October, 1973. The Israeli frontier in the Souther Golan Heights has been infiltrated and Syrian armour is moving through the gaps. But they have out run their SAM umbrella. Time to get airborne!

Comment

You seem super knowledgeable about the Yom Kippour war. I've thought about making my own A4 ops around the concept but I've struggled to find good sources and such. Do you have a source that can show more about the Golan Heights campaign? Or maybe possibly make your own map?
                        >>Find my liveries (new model MiG-29 Liveries!) and mods here<<

Comment

See the attached screenshots of a couple of books that were very helpful.

Before embarking on this little project, I really didn't know much about the Yom Kippur war. I read the books and did a lot of flying over the Syria map while trying to locate the landmarks they mentioned.

I have a video that includes a "battlefield tour" that also might help you get started.

Good luck. Let us know how you make out
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X