Extrem desync

Hey, we have extreme desync on the dedicated server. No Graphic on that machine. Everything else works fine but players aircraft warping through the seen.

Windows Server

Prozessor is by 20% and RAM at about 5 to 6 out of 15.

Any ideas what may cause the phenomena. To mani Ai units in the game?

Is the sync the first that breaks when the system is to week?

It works fine when hosting from my windows 10 PC I am flying at the same time.

Always happy landings ;)

What processor do you have? How many moving AI ground units? How many SAMs? Any scripts running?

I have also noticed having tankers nearby each other can cause some lag, I guess due to wake turbulence interaction, so I make sure the tracks are well apart.

Another issue is someone connecting with weak ping or other issues that are causing lag on their machine, like weak processor. A person with a poor connection or weak system has a ripple effect throughout the server.

Intel® Xeon® E5-2620v3, E5-2630v4 oder 4114 Prozessor

16 GB RAM

400 GB SSD

WINDOWS SERVER

Lots of units in the mission but most of them not active at that time or on hold with a waypoint action STOP command.

1 S 300 Group out of the ME

Manny Static objects, but they should not have that kind of effect.

Always happy landings ;)

I have noticed that when ground units are firing in large volume it causes what you are seeing.

It isn't the most immersive thing to have a war with limited shooting but it seems to help.

Will try that and limiting the number of units active fiering at the same time.

Several Artilleri firing at the moment also. :cry:

Always happy landings ;)

It's much worse lately for some reason?

When you get close to another aircraft, everyone starts to warp all over the place.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Will try that and limiting the number of units active fiering at the same time.

Several Artilleri firing at the moment also. :cry:

Artillery seems to be the worst thing to do, especially for long periods. Possibly all the craters have a cumulative effect. DCS probably needs to "heal" craters after a few minutes.

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• ED Team

We have an issue with carrier group creating desync, it is reported, maybe this is related.

To check try removing the carrier groups from the mission and test, ( if you have one in the mission :) )

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

As posted here

Today we were 4 people on my DS and the lag was a mess.

I have 6mbps of upload, I checked the bandwidth and it was using only 160KB/s, but the lag was serious, we couldn't do any AAR.

The pc of the server is an i7 2600k with 16GB of RAM.

We had 2 F-18 which took off from the carrier. We need to check that.

We have an issue with carrier group creating desync, it is reported, maybe this is related.

To check try removing the carrier groups from the mission and test, ( if you have one in the mission :) )

On large ( if we can define large a server with more then 20 players where we have games with 80+ players ) the problems still exist even without any carrier or ship group.

if anyone really thinks it's a hardware/resource problem, we're talking of 800€/years rented machine equipped with:

Intel Xeon E5-1630v3 4c / 8t @ 3,7GHz

64GB DDR4 ECC 2133 MHz

2x480GB SSD NVMe

really disappointed :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Edited by Maverick87Shaka

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I'm convinced the network code/"engine" DCS World runs on was never made in mind for 50 people flying on servers at the same time, not even 40, 30 or even 25. So I would never stretch it. Pretty sure it gets better quick the lower the playercount. Personally I would never go above 25 or 20.

Instead you can populate the world with AI, there are tools for it now (Pro tip: MOOSE ... so server performance is not an argument).

Edited by Der Hirte

I'm convinced the network code/"engine" DCS World runs on was never made in mind for 50 people flying on servers at the same time, not even 40, 30 or even 25. So I would never stretch it. Pretty sure it gets better quick the lower the playercount. Personally I would never go above 25 or 20.

Instead you can populate the world with AI, there are tools for it now (Pro tip: MOOSE ... so server performance is not an argument).

Menu list says multiplayer not co-op, so they must find a solution for that. The actual netcode its not suitable? Throw it in garbage and start again from scratch

Have less then 20 players as maximum cap is not an option for public server, or even large squadron, or multi-squadron flight.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

I've been on with 60 people and it was good few builds ago. We also use CA and sling ground units and move our own convoys across the map and shoot each other. So somethings is not quite right, as it's been better in the past.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Menu list says multiplayer not co-op, so they must find a solution for that. ...

I don't see where I stated this. Quite a subjective topic what is considered Co-Op and what is not, and why does that sound like "co-op" is something bad? Nah, I'm out.

• 5 months later...

i have the same issue with a small password secured server... map is syria.

after the last two patches it got worse.

AI Planes flying backwards... some AI Planes are stuck in the ground., Connection to the server very long... ATC message or damage messages in caht are about 10 minutes too late...

and this with only 4 playes max.

Server is a vserver with 10GB RAM and 6 core intel CPU.

i dont get... i tried different maps... also with a mostly "naked" caucasus map... same issues...

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

i have the same issue with a small password secured server... map is syria.

after the last two patches it got worse.

AI Planes flying backwards... some AI Planes are stuck in the ground., Connection to the server very long... ATC message or damage messages in caht are about 10 minutes too late...

and this with only 4 playes max.

Server is a vserver with 10GB RAM and 6 core intel CPU.

i dont get... i tried different maps... also with a mostly "naked" caucasus map... same issues...

DESYNC is coming back! it's simply something that is never been fixed, just mitigated somehow, so it's not strange see this come back over and over again, I'm not surprised but yes I'm really bored about this, especially because I pay 800€ each year for an high end tier bare metal server that can run other gameserver with thousands of player without loosing a tick, and here on DCS is not capable to take 4 clients synced together.

BTW for us the worst desync is happening with weapons, only the client that release GBU12 or maverick can see the Bombs/missiles flight to the target, all other connected clients see the bombs hit ground elsewhere, and then see the explosion of vehicle for "nothing"! Embarrassing!

I don't just want to moan, I want to help to solve the problem.

That's why I tested a lot and tried different constellations.

The fact is that maps / missions that ran fine before the last three OpenBeta patches no longer want to work at all.

Symptoms:

- From the patch 55363 onwards, lags and desyncs occurred with a longer mission time (a restart fixed it), which got worse with the subsequent patches until it is no longer executable

- long-term connection of the client to the server, ATC and chat messages react approx. 10 minutes later, planes fly backwards, some exterior views have no ground textures, some even fly in "black space"

- The server log file only shows the successful connection of the client, nothing more ... no error messages

What I tested:

- Missions / Maps Syria with and without scripts

- naked Mission Caucasus

- New installation complete with new config files (installation folder and Saved Games folder completely deleted)

- Installation of the stable server version,

Results:

- no chance to get the OpenBeta server running in my constellation

- V-Server by STRATO: CPU maximum 20% (6 cores I5), RAM 80-90% (10 GB) on SSD

- I don't know how other server operators do it, as there are OpenBeta servers that still work

- Stable version installed ... tried different maps / missions --> all work fine!

my conclusion:

- something happened with the last three Openbeta patches: 55363, 55743, 55847

I hope this can help to find the bug ...

Edited by Corsi

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

I don't just want to moan, I want to help to solve the problem.

That's why I tested a lot and tried different constellations.

The fact is that maps / missions that ran fine before the last three OpenBeta patches no longer want to work at all.

Symptoms:

- From the patch 55363 onwards, lags and desyncs occurred with a longer mission time (a restart fixed it), which got worse with the subsequent patches until it is no longer executable

- long-term connection of the client to the server, ATC and chat messages react approx. 10 minutes later, planes fly backwards, some exterior views have no ground textures, some even fly in "black space"

- The server log file only shows the successful connection of the client, nothing more ... no error messages

What I tested:

- Missions / Maps Syria with and without scripts

- naked Mission Caucasus

- New installation complete with new config files (installation folder and Saved Games folder completely deleted)

- Installation of the stable server version

Results:

- no chance to get the OpenBeta server running in my constellation

- V-Server by STRATO: CPU maximum 20% (6 cores I5), RAM 80-90% (10 GB) on SSD

- I don't know how other server operators do it, as there are OpenBeta servers that still work

- Stable version installed ... tried different maps / missions

my conclusion:

- something happened with the last three Openbeta patches: 55363, 55743, 55847

I hope this can help to find the bug ...

Thanks for taking the time to do this, defo I have to agree last few patches have been terrible for MP desync issues

No more pre-orders

Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

one point to add...

the reaction time of the web GUI of the dedicated server is also different.

stable: all work fine even through remote desktop connection (firefox opened directly on the windows server desktop)

beta version:

- very long-term reaction time of the web gui

- webgui dont loading configuration like bind ip address or the mission list

Gruß / Greetings

Corsi

• 2 weeks later...