X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCS World Open Beta Dedicated Server

Description.

'DCS World Open Beta Dedicated Server' installer install special DCS World version which intended to work as a dedicated server and doesn't contains textures and sounds. Installed server takes approx. 52 GB on HDD and works as a full-functional server controlled only by WEB (i.e. without any GUI features). This version already includes ALL available terrains and WWII units module, works without 3D graphics and sounds.

Terrain and WWII units doesn't asked activations when launched in server mode without rendering, server owner shouldn't buy them.
    NOTE: these 'free' terrains can work ONLY on dedicated server without rendering. You can't use them on client.

You can download installer from our site DCS World 2.5 Open Beta Dedicated Server

Installation.

Run installer, choose separate folder and install it as usual. Note: if you have previous server version based on DCS World client, uninstall it before. Installer will install DCS World base as well as all terrains and WWII units modules.

Write folder for dedicated server is: Saved Games\DCS.openbeta_server

You don't need to add command line keys (--server and/or --norender) into launch icon, server will start with these options by default.

Update: server checks update every day when launched (like DCS World).

Server control:

A. Local Web control. Just open link 'Local Web GUI' created after installation on your desktop

B. Remote Web control. Login to DCS site, go to you Profile page and select your server in list.

TBC
    Last edited 04-24-2019, 10:09 AM.
    El pueblo unido jamás será vencido

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

Server deployed as a one module, terrain can't be excluded.

Dedicated Server uses default ports:

10308 TCP and UDP for DCS
    8088 TCP for web-control

See also:
    Originally posted by const View Post
    Dear users,

Our DCS web server utilize primary IP 54.36.51.100 to connect to your server web port. Our API uses server-to-client connection, so your server IP address and web port are not exposed via web browser. You can easily restrict your firewall only to this IP for DCS web port and access webgui from your site account.

A lot of information you can take here: DCS Server Control

Reserved for questions, answers, tips and notes
    Last edited 04-24-2019, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Reserved for questions, answers

Comment

Great Work Rik, I shall have a go at getting this set-up today (once link available)

Question: How do I stop it running auto update ?
        Reason: A lot of us use scripts (eg batch files to launch / re-start DCS servers) having it auto update might cause issues - unless the auto update requires no interaction ?
        Last edited 04-24-2019, 11:27 AM.
        Click here for tutorials for using Virpil Hardware and Software

Click here for Virpil Flight equipment dimensions and pictures.

Comment

Wow now this is awesome for real! Thanks Rik!

Comment

thanks !! that is great!
            one questions, when we use mods, are we to apply them to this new server install like before, e.g. is the file structure the same?
            sigpic

Comment

Question: Can you opt out of installing certain terrains for the Dedicated package? In example, if I want only Caucasus and Persian Gulf, can I decline Nevada and Normandy, to reduce the size of the install?

EDIT: Or at least, can I remove terrains directories from the installation, post-install without it causing issues? (as long as I only run Caucasus/Persian Gulf missions offcourse).
              Last edited 04-24-2019, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Question: Do we still need a DCS account for this server ?

You cannot start DCS.exe itself to launch the server you have to use the DCS_updater.exe
                if you try to use DCS.exe it will throw a wobbler and ask for keys for terrains

EDIT: Unless you use dcs.exe --server --norender --webgui
                Last edited 04-24-2019, 11:37 AM.

Comment

I wonder how this works with Mods....
                  i7 - 8700K @ 4.7Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | GTX 1080Ti |Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming | X55 HOTAS | TrackIR 5 |

Comment

great stuff, thanks Rik and team

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus_CH View Post
                      I wonder how this works with Mods....

let you know in about 30 mins

Comment

Originally posted by HC_Official View Post
                        let you know in about 30 mins
                        Perfect , thank you. I am still at work :-(
                        i7 - 8700K @ 4.7Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 3000 | GTX 1080Ti |Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming | X55 HOTAS | TrackIR 5 |

Comment

Now this is more like it, opens up server hosting properly without the huge disk space limitations and messing about with those terrains, which were the big blockers for the masses when home hosting.

THANKS ED! My disks love you again!
                          ___________________________________________________________________________
                          SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING * PLAYLIST

Comment

Originally posted by chrisofsweden View Post
                            EDIT: Or at least, can I remove terrains directories from the installation, post-install without it causing issues? (as long as I only run Caucasus/Persian Gulf missions offcourse).
                            On your own risk. But I don't recommend to save 6..35 GB on HDD this way.

Comment

Mods do indeed work fine with this new server software

Comment

Originally posted by HC_Official View Post
                                Mods do indeed work fine with this new server software

Great , is it clear where to install it ?

Comment

Originally posted by Brutus_CH View Post
                                  Great , is it clear where to install it ?
                                  saved games/Mods/ . ......
                                  Oh and best to use OGMVE to handle this stuff (on both server and you local PC you play on)
                                  Last edited 04-24-2019, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Can you please put an explanation on how to run multiple servers from the same installation?
                                    Thank you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Adixylian View Post
                                      Can you please put an explanation on how to run multiple servers from the same installation?
                                      Thank you guys!

it is in the thread Rik posted to earlier
                                      https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233486

Comment

Outstanding! Will try this out this evening!
                                        Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X