Multiplayer Server List

pcamera

Hello all,

I'm having trouble displaying any available servers, i'm a bit of an IT nerd so i'm using a palo alto at my edge. Has something be altered in regards to port requirements? Ive conducted packet captures and don't see any packets dropping from my gaming PC (Related to DCS). The current permitted ports I have are UDP/TCP 10300-10400, 443 outbound. I can also communicate to a few servers in question haven't tried connecting to them manually but I assume id be able too since i can communicate to the remote ports. I can try that after I finish the downloads of all the modules I own.

What have I tried,

I haven't played DCS in a hot minuet probably around 6 months or so, during that time online worked just fine. I have Updated DCS to the latest version 2.5.6.52196, tried to boot into multiplayer no love. Then Repaired DCS tried again same outcome, then a clean same outcome. Ive now reinstalled it in a different partition still the same outcome. Starting to run out of ideas here any help is appreciated.

My local firewall is turned off on my PC and DCS and all dependencies are setup as an exception on my AV software.

Also Im using the stand alone version not steam.

Thank you,

Phillip

I am having the same issues. It's been going on with open beta for 2 months. Started on Stable recently.

a friend just suggested I turn on ipV6 on my NIC while typing this reply...and it worked...

Do Palo Alto do cheap stuff? Our PA firewalls at work are $20,000 +

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

• ED Team

Please attach dcs.log first of all.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

a friend just suggested I turn on ipV6 on my NIC while typing this reply...and it worked... 

Yup. Same as this. My computer was crash and error caused by faulty RAM. Next time I tried DCS and was unable to find any server on the list.

Tried that methode and works fine now. Dont know how and why tbh (shrug).

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Please attach dcs.log first of all.

As requested thank you Rik

I am having the same issues. It's been going on with open beta for 2 months. Started on Stable recently.

Do Palo Alto do cheap stuff? Our PA firewalls at work are $20,000 +

Thanks for the suggestion guys, unfortunately my ipv6 adapter settings have been disabled for quite some time.

They sure do

https://www.cdw.com/product/palo-pa-220-lab-unit-security-appliance/4477273

I reached out to my palo rep to get mine for free, only cost is a license cost every year unless you do a 5 or 10 year license. I got my job to pay for a 5 year, defiantly worth the pain for ones home network imo.

dcs.log

Rik,

I'd also like to mention I do have integrity problems with the f14, don't want to run a clean or repair until I'm advised tocjust in case that causes more issues (read somewhere repairing or cleaning causes and issue).

• ED Team
As requested thank you Rik
No errors in this log.

Let's go another way. Create file named autoexec.cfg in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder (or edit it if already exists).

Add line (it creates extended log with additional info):

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)

Launch DCS, open Multiplayer, wait 10..15 sec (servers list is empty), return to main menu and to Windiws. Attach new dcs.log

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

No errors in this log.

Let's go another way. Create file named autoexec.cfg in Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder (or edit it if already exists).

Add line (it creates extended log with additional info):

log.set_output("dcs", "", log.ALL, log.FULL)

Launch DCS, open Multiplayer, wait 10..15 sec (servers list is empty), return to main menu and to Windiws. Attach new dcs.log

Rik, attached is the extended debug. Really appreciate the help all. Server list was still empty btw.

dcs.log

Edited by pcamera

I can confirm that enabling IPv6 fixes the empty server list problem. Very weird.

I'm an idiot you guys were saying turn it on... yea that fixed it. Certainly is weir,d ipv6 has no bearing on how I connect to the internet, guessing its some dependency in the net code for DCS. Cool all is well now...

Thanks again all,

Phillip

I'm an idiot you guys were saying turn it on... yea that fixed it. Certainly is weir,d ipv6 has no bearing on how I connect to the internet, guessing its some dependency in the net code for DCS. Cool all is well now...

Thanks again all,

Phillip

Lol. Glad to see you sorted it out.

Have fun

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 2 weeks later...

They sure do

https://www.cdw.com/product/palo-pa-220-lab-unit-security-appliance/4477273

I reached out to my palo rep to get mine for free, only cost is a license cost every year unless you do a 5 or 10 year license. I got my job to pay for a 5 year, defiantly worth the pain for ones home network imo.

cool. I won't be able to do that, but didn't realise it they had cheaper stuff :)

glad the fix worked for you in the end :)

Ryzen 5 3600 | 5700 XT | 32gb | NVME

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Could someone advice if currently there are some DCS 1.5 servers online ? I have made clean installation with FC3 and I notice only 1 server online, while running DCS 2.5 I see plenty of it on server list. I've read about this issue and I don't know if this is common problem (with blank server list) or simply everybody went on upgraded version (2.5).

I can additionally tell that:

- port forwarding works fine

- IPv6 turned ON

- ipconfig/dnsflush done

- autoexec.cfg added line net.force_ipv4_lan = true