Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold War 1947 - 1991

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #41
    I'm actually talking about being in the GCI slot and going back to spectators and still you lose a life. Sorry for not being clear.
    sigpic
    Cold War 1947 - 1991
    Helicopters Tournaments
    Combined Arms Tournaments
    You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

    Comment


      #42
      Server's just restared to include some corrections in the scripts/triggers.
      sigpic
      Cold War 1947 - 1991
      Helicopters Tournaments
      Combined Arms Tournaments
      You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

      Comment


        #43
        Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post
        Server's just restared to include some corrections in the scripts/triggers.

        sigpic

        DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

        2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

        Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

        Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

        Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

        LIVE!

        Comment


          #44
          Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post
          I'm actually talking about being in the GCI slot and going back to spectators and still you lose a life. Sorry for not being clear.
          I do not know, from that point of view, it never happened to lose a life by changing the GCI slot.
          sigpic

          DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

          2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

          Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

          Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

          Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

          LIVE!

          Comment


            #45
            Good server!
            I've made 3 kills with my F5 , lookin for some more!

            Comment


              #46
              Originally posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
              Good server!
              I've made 3 kills with my F5 , lookin for some more!
              I know about your kills! I was flying the Mi-8 when you first gunned me down. On my second flight you shot down my Hip with a Sidewinder.
              sigpic
              Cold War 1947 - 1991
              Helicopters Tournaments
              Combined Arms Tournaments
              You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

              Comment


                #47
                with the small caliber (PK-3 7.62mm), it was a long dogfight





                sigpic

                DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

                2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

                Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

                Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

                Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

                LIVE!

                Comment


                  #48
                  The A-10 can absorb some hits! Besides these were rubber bullets ;-)
                  sigpic
                  Cold War 1947 - 1991
                  Helicopters Tournaments
                  Combined Arms Tournaments
                  You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                  Comment


                    #49
                    Alpenwolf two small suggestions:

                    1)Can you add ramp position number in "Group Name" box when we choose our aircraft? With this, we can know our position at start and can taxi using just the airport plates.

                    2) Friendly FARPs geographic coordinates in the mission briefing to know where exactly we are spawning, and where we should go.

                    Comment


                      #50
                      Originally posted by Toasty View Post
                      Alpenwolf two small suggestions:

                      1)Can you add ramp position number in "Group Name" box when we choose our aircraft? With this, we can know our position at start and can taxi using just the airport plates.

                      2) Friendly FARPs geographic coordinates in the mission briefing to know where exactly we are spawning, and where we should go.
                      1) Can be done. Give me some time, please.
                      2) I thought the attached images in the briefing suffice? If you have Combined Arms you could use the GCI slot aka Cmdr and the FARP locations will be pointed out immediately; I left a small structure (for both Blue & Red) called tetrapod at each FARP to mark the position of the FARP's on the map. If you zoom in you'll see the friendly FARP's and their names by clicking on them. As to the enemy FARP's you are able to see their position (the tetrapods) but of course not the FARP's themselves and hence no FARP names. With the help of the first image in the briefing it easy to make out their names.

                      Let me know if that works for you. Any better ideas or suggestions are always welcome.
                      sigpic
                      Cold War 1947 - 1991
                      Helicopters Tournaments
                      Combined Arms Tournaments
                      You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                      Comment


                        #51
                        I've sneaked behind the rusky AWACS and... he's immortal!

                        Comment


                          #52
                          Where's your new sever located?
                          On the ACG Cold War I have a ping of 35-45, on your new Cold War it is over 150.

                          Comment


                            #53
                            Originally posted by Shadoga View Post
                            Where's your new sever located?
                            On the ACG Cold War I have a ping of 35-45, on your new Cold War it is over 150.
                            New York.
                            The ACG is located in Mainz, Germany.
                            sigpic
                            Cold War 1947 - 1991
                            Helicopters Tournaments
                            Combined Arms Tournaments
                            You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                            Comment


                              #54
                              Thanks, that explains it...

                              Comment


                                #55
                                Originally posted by beppe_goodoldrebel View Post
                                I've sneaked behind the rusky AWACS and... he's immortal!
                                I mentioned in the main post that AWACS can NOT be killed. Players have always complained about that so I'm not gonna allow it.
                                sigpic
                                Cold War 1947 - 1991
                                Helicopters Tournaments
                                Combined Arms Tournaments
                                You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                                Comment


                                  #56
                                  Good call!

                                  Comment


                                    #57
                                    Hi Alpenwolf,

                                    Enjoyed a first sortie on the server last night!
                                    A couple of little bits of feedback, whcih you can deal with however you see fit.

                                    1. As mentioned on chat, consider using minimum sized groups of 4 aircraft for spawning at a base. My squad (typically 4 to 6 of us) would fly more often if we were able to spawn together at a field, rather than have to spread ourselves over the map.
                                    2. I don't think the bright orange smoker markers are necesssary over each field. Even WW2 prop pilots should be able to navigate sufficiently to locate the airfields. The smoke is visible from around 50km away, so it makes navigating just a little bit too easy IMO. You might get a little performance increase too by removing them (not that it was a problem, my experience on the server was smooth and quick, despite me being in Germany and having a relatively high-ish ping).
                                    On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz
                                    Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/


                                    AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive

                                    Comment


                                      #58
                                      Originally posted by philstyle View Post
                                      Hi Alpenwolf,

                                      Enjoyed a first sortie on the server last night!
                                      A couple of little bits of feedback, whcih you can deal with however you see fit.

                                      1. As mentioned on chat, consider using minimum sized groups of 4 aircraft for spawning at a base. My squad (typically 4 to 6 of us) would fly more often if we were able to spawn together at a field, rather than have to spread ourselves over the map.
                                      2. I don't think the bright orange smoker markers are necesssary over each field. Even WW2 prop pilots should be able to navigate sufficiently to locate the airfields. The smoke is visible from around 50km away, so it makes navigating just a little bit too easy IMO. You might get a little performance increase too by removing them (not that it was a problem, my experience on the server was smooth and quick, despite me being in Germany and having a relatively high-ish ping).
                                      1. The number of the avialable airframes will surely increase. In fact I'm working on it, but it takes time because every change I make is included in many code lines in the script. The initial small number of available aircraft was for testing the scripts and the server's performance.
                                      2. The smoke is annoying and is removed in the updated mission's version that will go online in the upcoming days. The smoke was only there to mark the pick up zones so that heli pilots don't deploy their units there when capturing a base. It's a scripting issue that is also fixed now.
                                      sigpic
                                      Cold War 1947 - 1991
                                      Helicopters Tournaments
                                      Combined Arms Tournaments
                                      You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                                      Comment


                                        #59
                                        Server's no longer in the WIP stage. It's up and running.

                                        Some changes and fixes:
                                        - No more smoke at the pick up zones.
                                        - Deploy your troops anywhere you like within 1000 m to capture the airbase/FARP. They will not disappear as before.
                                        - 8 more MiG-21's, 10 more F-5's, 2 more AJS37's, 2 more Su-25's, 2 more A-10's and 2 more UH-1's were added, (More will come).
                                        - Some late activation issues were fixed.
                                        - Added AWAC's/GCI freq. to the briefing.
                                        - Adjusted AWACS route and waypoints.

                                        Any issues you notice, please report to me here.

                                        God bless, and have FUN
                                        sigpic
                                        Cold War 1947 - 1991
                                        Helicopters Tournaments
                                        Combined Arms Tournaments
                                        You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                                        Comment


                                          #60
                                          Hi,
                                          Recently we made couple of flights on your server.



                                          I am not sure is it bag of server (or "regular" bag from developers after last update ) or you did it specially:
                                          It is not possible to use standard weapon set with Mig-21 for example for short or long range patrol (if I correct: a fuel tank and R-60 and R-3). Actually, we absolutelly couldn't take fuel tanks.


                                          It was like this: I chose the standard set for short range then after while a voice said that weapon is reloaded but Mig-21s pilons were empty.
                                          We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat.
                                          We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.
                                          Visit our website: VIRTUAL-PILOTS.COM

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X