No announcement yet.

Cold War 1947 - 1991

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent, I love servers that are prepared to go with restricted historical planesets, rather than just trying to have all of them in . .

I shall be patronising this server.
    On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz
    Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

AMD 3700x, GTX 1080Ti, 32GB 3200 RAM, Auros Pro X570, 2TB M.2 drive

Comment

You're welcome, boys. See you in the skies
      Last edited by Alpenwolf; 07-31-2018, 07:20 PM.
      sigpic
      Cold War 1947 - 1991
      Helicopters Tournaments
      Combined Arms Tournaments
      You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by philstyle View Post
        Excellent, I love servers that are prepared to go with restricted historical planesets, rather than just trying to have all of them in . .

I shall be patronising this server.
        All of the aircraft in DCS were in service before 1991, sooo yeah... this is more of a 47-70 (if you remove the Su-25 and A-10A)

You can call it Vietnam War , because it ain't the real cold one for sure. Don't see why realistic payloads and aircraft for those years can't be made, but this is up to the server owner

Don't get me wrong I did like the server (before trees killing my fps became a thing) and I still like the F-5 vs MiG-21 setup, but I wouldn't go around calling it cold war (yes, I know it has always been called like that). Cheers will definitely be playin' on it again when I upgrade my GPU.
        Last edited by Shadow KT; 06-05-2018, 10:58 AM.
        'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow KT View Post
          All of the aircraft in DCS were in service before 1991, sooo yeah... this is more of a 47-70 (if you remove the Su-25 and A-10A)

You can call it Vietnam War , because it ain't the real cold one for sure. Don't see why realistic payloads and aircraft for those years can't be made, but this is up to the server owner

Don't get me wrong I did like the server (before trees killing my fps became a thing) and I still like the F-5 vs MiG-21 setup, but I wouldn't go around calling it cold war (yes, I know it has always been called like that). Cheers will definitely be playin' on it again when I upgrade my GPU.
          You're totally right, I'm aware of that. That's why I wrote this in the main post:

"In this dynamic campaign the focus will be mainly on the MiG-21 and the F-5 and other modules that I see suitable for the scenario I have. That being said jet planes like the Su-27, Su-33, F-15, MiG-29, M-2000, F-18 and F-14 will be excluded to simply give third generation fighters/interceptors or planes of an inferior generation the chance of dogfighting rather than having BVR aerial battles most of the time."

So basically all servers are Cold War kinda thing. Which means if I'd call it "Cold War 1947 - 1991" I wont be deviating all that much from the reality of it
          sigpic
          Cold War 1947 - 1991
          Helicopters Tournaments
          You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post
            As much as I'd love to do that for all the Harrier pilots out there but unfortunately the version of the Harrier we have is of the late 90's.
            Uh...

"First flight of a modified AV-8B in night attack from was on June 26th, 1987. Deliveries to the USMC began in September of 1989 to VMA-214 at Yuma."

"Marine Attack Squadron 214 became the first squadron to introduce the Night Attack capability into the Unit Deployment Program in October 1991, by deploying 20 Night Attack Harriers to Iwakuni, Japan, for seven months
            Follow-up units based out of Yuma received their Night Attack forms by the end of 1992."

Limit the weapons (mainly JDAMS/TGP which are from the 90s) and it should fit in just fine. (although in very limited numbers given only VMA-214 had them before 1992.)

The "S" upgraded Viggens you have on the server are from at the earliest 1993. The AJ's specific "S" variant upgrade entered service in 1996 IIRC.

Even the Ka-50 entered service in 1995. I'm from around then, and I wasn't even born when the Berlin Wall fell. Don't just set an arbitrary date cutoff/other limit for one aircraft then ignore it for others, same with the Su-25T, you can just limit the ELINT/MPU gear and boom, no SEAD. Although the T variant never even entered service.

TLDR pick what fits, but don't cite the dates as the reason when it clearly isn't. I get that "cold war" type missions can be real delicate things but 1947-1991 is at best, a little misleading with choices like that IMO.

Introduction dates or selections based on balance, don't do both, that's how we ended up with War Thunder.

This may come off as "ranty", but I am legitimately trying to offer some constructive criticism.

The concept looks great though, and I look forward to seeing how it develops in the future. Is Blue-Flag style gameplay rather than the 104th the end goal of your project? As it seems similar in scope.
            Got three flak holes in my wing tips, and my tanks ain't got no gas.
            Mayday, mayday, mayday, I got six MiGS on my ass!

Comment

@ OxideMako:

It didn't feel "ranty" or anything, no worries. Critics are always welcome

YES, the idea is to have something like BlueFlag which is a masterpiece!
              I'm not even close in .lua scripting to the level Ciribob operates at but I'm trying my best to get there. So far looking pretty good and as I've mentioned in my second main post there are some features that I'm still working on.

Good critics actually. I kinda looked up the planes on wikipedia for mainly the date of the maiden flight of each module. That would simply include all planes and helicopters. Some have had some notable and very advanced upgrades making them no longer fit in that era and some haven't. I kinda chose the aircrafts with the lesser upgrades. Which is why I said in the first main post that I'm choosing only those that I see fit in my scenario and not the actual Cold War scenario.

I could limit the Harrier's weapons but then again it would be the only plane with night attack capabilities. The Ka-50 being Red can counter that because it can also strike at night. Writing that now kinda made me think "hey! Why not? limited operations at night where only the helicopters and the Harrier can operate might be a cool thing while the rest of aircrafts is on the ground waiting for their turn in the morning!". Hmmm... Fancy thought!
              That's why critics are welcome

It's a work in progress and also did mention that players will have the saying in future plans regarding modules.

Fly safe!
              sigpic
              Cold War 1947 - 1991
              Helicopters Tournaments

Comment

When all the other Vietnam Era jets and helicopters come out you can really go ahead and do a Vietnam (-1970s) type of mission
                'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow KT View Post
                  When all the other Vietnam Era jets and helicopters come out you can really go ahead and do a Vietnam (-1970s) type of mission
                  Vietnam map with all/most Vietnam modules? COUNT me in for putting together a dynamic campaign for that!
                  sigpic
                  Cold War 1947 - 1991
                  Helicopters Tournaments

Comment

This looks absolutely great, indeed. Looking forward to some time to get in and run some CAPs and transports.
                    sigpic
                    CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB
                    double-sided
                    5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive
                    JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Comment

This looks very promised. Im in

P.S. I think that when is Cold War from 1947 year, we can use F-51 too (ex P-51D Mustang).

Comment

We have to inaugurate it .. I am willing to bring pilots for tomorrow evening (they have training tonight)

Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
                        sigpic

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

Comment

Awesome Alpenwolf, I may show up more again on your server! I wouldn't focus on the first flight of the jets. It's enough if there are a reasonable lineup and weapon systems. Most of the modules are of later production anyway; F5 from ~72, A10C from ~2009 and so on.
                          476 vFG Public Discord | 476 vFG Website

Comment

as soon as the novelty of the F-18 passes this server will fill surely

Comment

+1
                              Originally posted by Sarraceno View Post
                              as soon as the novelty of the F-18 passes this server will fill surely
                              Inviato dal mio FRD-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk
                              sigpic

DIAVOLO 1-1 | 2RGT OBERST

2RGT DCS Gruppo Volo Italiano

Canale Youtube: 2RGT OBERST

Facebook: DCS World Italia - 2RGT -

Canale Twitch: 2RGT OBERST

LIVE!

Comment

I am working a lot in the evening right now so i haven't got the time to check it out but it will be for sure my favorite to join
                                Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, TM T-16000 FCS FLIGHT PACK, MS FFB2, JETSEAT TURBOJET, DELAN CLIP FUSION

Modules:A10C, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
                                https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

Comment

Working...
                                X