Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cold War 1947 - 1991

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Everyone please stand for the Cold War server national anthem, a tribute to all merge calls when we're blind.
     

    Comment


      Originally posted by LegionCW View Post

      *Blushes*

      Shame that tonight we were doing fairly well, lost 1-2 GCIs and then everything fell apart. GCI most overpowered module confirmed? Kinda imbalanced when one side has one and the other doesn't.
      *Goes into mulitplayer, pulls up Cold war server. Sees an even mix of planes, but then sees blue has 2 people in tactical Cmdr, and Red has none*

      "No thanks.....I choose life...."

      Comment


        https://m.facebook.com/groups/168286...05348&sfnsn=mo

        A recording from yesterday, sadly you can barely hear what i'm saying due to the recording process. Great GCI work....i guess I should show sone appreciation by buying combined arms.....

        Comment


          Server News:

          Operation Street Fight:
          - The number of the available aircraft has been reduced, in some cases by 50%.
          - With that the number of the available weapons has also been reduced.
          - SA342M's, SA342L's and UH-1's operate from a FARP 5 miles southeast of Kiryat Shmona airbase and NOT from the airbase itself.
          - Smoke effects optimised.
          - Ground units' advanced options optimised.
          - Added 8 more ground units for Blue, mainly around Kiryat Shmona airbase.

          NOTE:
          Reducing the number of the available aircraft is due to the fact that we haven't seen a scenario of one coalition running out of a certain type of aircraft yet. Shows how sensible players fly these days which is top notch! But it would be interesting to see how one side would react in such a situation.
          The mission goes online tonight after the mission Open Range.
          sigpic
          Cold War 1947 - 1991
          Helicopters Tournaments
          Combined Arms Tournaments
          You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

          Comment


            Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post
            Server News:

            Operation Street Fight:
            - The number of the available aircraft has been reduced, in some cases by 50%.
            - With that the number of the available weapons has also been reduced.
            - SA342M's, SA342L's and UH-1's operate from a FARP 5 miles southeast of Kiryat Shmona airbase and NOT from the airbase itself.
            - Smoke effects optimised.
            - Ground units' advanced options optimised.
            - Added 8 more ground units for Blue, mainly around Kiryat Shmona airbase.

            NOTE:
            Reducing the number of the available aircraft is due to the fact that we haven't seen a scenario of one coalition running out of a certain type of aircraft yet. Shows how sensible players fly these days which is top notch! But it would be interesting to see how one side would react in such a situation.
            The mission goes online tonight after the mission Open Range.
            Yeah, it's annoying that yesterday we splashed like 6 Tomcats at least, but it doesn't really have an effect on the mission beyond regularly wiping red, given that that's only half of their Tomcat reserves, and by then everyone was logging off.

            Comment


              Originally posted by LegionCW View Post

              Yeah, it's annoying that yesterday we splashed like 6 Tomcats at least, but it doesn't really have an effect on the mission beyond regularly wiping red, given that that's only half of their Tomcat reserves, and by then everyone was logging off.
              Because players fly more sensibly now, especially with all these restrictions and limitations. I like that.
              sigpic
              Cold War 1947 - 1991
              Helicopters Tournaments
              Combined Arms Tournaments
              You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

              Comment


                Originally posted by LegionCW View Post
                Everyone please stand for the Cold War server national anthem, a tribute to all merge calls when we're blind.
                That would be the song “2’s Blind” by Dos Gringos

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post

                  Because players fly more sensibly now, especially with all these restrictions and limitations. I like that.
                  You do know that 3 of the Tomcat kills yesterday were from them yeeting themselves into Shiraz' air defence? That is literally the opposite of sensible flying, and yet we never saw an end to the Tomcats coming in.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by LegionCW View Post

                    You do know that 3 of the Tomcat kills yesterday were from them yeeting themselves into Shiraz' air defence? That is literally the opposite of sensible flying, and yet we never saw an end to the Tomcats coming in.
                    Compared to all the years before and many servers, yes, they do fly more sensibly. Get the point, man, it doesn't mean each and every player, but rather the average Cold War player. 3 players are nothing compared to what I saw from Red players yesterday trying to RTB no matter what.
                    sigpic
                    Cold War 1947 - 1991
                    Helicopters Tournaments
                    Combined Arms Tournaments
                    You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by LegionCW View Post

                      You do know that 3 of the Tomcat kills yesterday were from them yeeting themselves into Shiraz' air defence? That is literally the opposite of sensible flying, and yet we never saw an end to the Tomcats coming in.
                      Ha, you should fly blue when Tomcats are available. You'll quickly notice the slots are filled by non-Cold War regulars who see a high population count from the server browser, and also see Tomcat slots.

                      Said players aren't on SRS, take a full complement of missiles (especially the extremely limited 9L), and will either disconnect, crash, or land at LAR and disconnect without de-arming (causing not only loss of plane, but its weapons too) all before ever seeing combat. Of those that actually find the AO, they typically get pounced by multiple fighters because they aren't on SRS or they fly right over SAMs.

                      To sum up. While you killed six, and think blue has an unlimited supply left the reality ... we had maybe two, and only the really shitty 7F left.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by BodyOrgan View Post
                        Ha, you should fly blue when Tomcats are available. You'll quickly notice the slots are filled by non-Cold War regulars who see a high population count from the server browser, and also see Tomcat slots.

                        Said players aren't on SRS, take a full complement of missiles (especially the extremely limited 9L), and will either disconnect, crash, or land at LAR and disconnect without de-arming (causing not only loss of plane, but its weapons too) all before ever seeing combat. Of those that actually find the AO, they typically get pounced by multiple fighters because they aren't on SRS or they fly right over SAMs.

                        To sum up. While you killed six, and think blue has an unlimited supply left the reality ... we had maybe two, and only the really shitty 7F left.
                        I knew this would become an issue one day. Inevitable. Same behaviour with some MiG-29 player. I urged him to come on SRS. He then said... well, go ahead and guess what he said! "SRS is bugged". On one hand I wanted to kick him out of the server, on the other hand that'd cause the loss of one MiG-29.
                        Here's why I did or at least try to do. If I catch a MiG-29 player not on comms and he's STILL at the airbase (whether parking, taxiing or even rolling) I kick him out with a pm saying: "Use SRS please, otherwise you will be kicked again". I caught two players doing that but certainly not all of them. And no that wouldn't count as a loss as long as he's still on the ground.
                        If the Blue GCI operator notices the same then let me right away, please. Best way to do it is through TS because I might not read your typing quick enough, especially if some players are typing back and forth and having an argument.
                        I'm working on an alternative for that which I think will be a better solution. Bear with me, please.
                        sigpic
                        Cold War 1947 - 1991
                        Helicopters Tournaments
                        Combined Arms Tournaments
                        You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                        Comment


                          I hope that alternative involves enforcing the use of SRS. Flying without comms on your server is meaningless.
                          DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by _Firefly View Post
                            I hope that alternative involves enforcing the use of SRS. Flying without comms on your server is meaningless.
                            I’m with you on this one
                            One will be surprised how quickly they will adapt..
                            DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by _Firefly View Post
                              I hope that alternative involves enforcing the use of SRS. Flying without comms on your server is meaningless.
                              Enforcing SRS is yet another issue and in fact a major one. That too is being worked on with a friend who happens to be a programmer. He'll look into it over the next days and we'll try and come up with a script for that purpose. We're also working on limiting the R-60M's for MiG-29's and Su-25's only. This will involve a lot of scripting and testing and I can only hope he finds enough time to do that. No time limit in that regard. Days, weeks, months... can't tell.
                              sigpic
                              Cold War 1947 - 1991
                              Helicopters Tournaments
                              Combined Arms Tournaments
                              You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by NELLUS View Post

                                I’m with you on this one
                                One will be surprised how quickly they will adapt..


                                Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post

                                Enforcing SRS is yet another issue and in fact a major one. That too is being worked on with a friend who happens to be a programmer. He'll look into it over the next days and we'll try and come up with a script for that purpose. We're also working on limiting the R-60M's for MiG-29's and Su-25's only. This will involve a lot of scripting and testing and I can only hope he finds enough time to do that. No time limit in that regard. Days, weeks, months... can't tell.
                                Excellent, looking forward to it. If you need a tester then please let me know.
                                DCS module wishlist: F-104S ASA-M Starfighter / F-111F Aardvark / F-4E Phantom II / J 35F2 Draken / J-7M AirGuard / Kfir C.2 / MiG-17F / MiG-21 Bison / Mirage F1 / Su-17M4 / Su-24M / Yak-9U

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Alpenwolf View Post

                                  Enforcing SRS is yet another issue and in fact a major one. That too is being worked on with a friend who happens to be a programmer. He'll look into it over the next days and we'll try and come up with a script for that purpose. We're also working on limiting the R-60M's for MiG-29's and Su-25's only. This will involve a lot of scripting and testing and I can only hope he finds enough time to do that. No time limit in that regard. Days, weeks, months... can't tell.
                                  I know the Hoggit devs already have this in place on their servers. They have a channel specifically for developers so they could easily help you out. https://discord.gg/hoggit

                                  Comment


                                    Is there anyway to set the comms on the MiG 29 to the 124 channel by default? It is currently set to 251 when they first start up. I just started using SRS this week and when I flew my first sortie I was trying in vain to get on comms and had to wait till i finished my first sortie and landed to get it sorted for my second sortie.

                                    Also there seems to be a bug when refueling and rearming the MiG 29. If you bring back the centerline tank instead of jettisoning it and then try to refuel and rearm, the fuel gauge only shows the internal fuel and it doesn't seem to put on a new full external tank

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by CrazyGman View Post
                                      Is there anyway to set the comms on the MiG 29 to the 124 channel by default? It is currently set to 251 when they first start up. I just started using SRS this week and when I flew my first sortie I was trying in vain to get on comms and had to wait till i finished my first sortie and landed to get it sorted for my second sortie.

                                      Also there seems to be a bug when refueling and rearming the MiG 29. If you bring back the centerline tank instead of jettisoning it and then try to refuel and rearm, the fuel gauge only shows the internal fuel and it doesn't seem to put on a new full external tank
                                      You can use the bindings in SRS to increase and decrease freq without using the overlay for FC3 stuff. I use Down 10, and Up 1 bindings. In other news, bloody hell it's impossible to do squat at night when trying to find people on the deck. Not like radar's gonna work at low alt.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by LegionCW View Post

                                        You can use the bindings in SRS to increase and decrease freq without using the overlay for FC3 stuff. I use Down 10, and Up 1 bindings. In other news, bloody hell it's impossible to do squat at night when trying to find people on the deck. Not like radar's gonna work at low alt.
                                        Yeah and I was able to once I landed and could bring up the overlay (didn't want to mess with it in the air and risk crashing and losing the plane) but to prevent some confusion with new players using SRS just having the channel preset like in the MiG 21 could solve some minor headaches

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by CrazyGman View Post

                                          Yeah and I was able to once I landed and could bring up the overlay (didn't want to mess with it in the air and risk crashing and losing the plane) but to prevent some confusion with new players using SRS just having the channel preset like in the MiG 21 could solve some minor headaches
                                          Isn't there an in-game overlay and an out-of-game overlay?

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X