X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SkateZilla View Post
    They Operate A/Bs
    True, but with all the upgrades, they are more C's now than A's. (At least from what I hear up here in Canada, no clue on Australia's)

(I'm not positive of all the CF-18 specs so don't take me as I'm certain)
    Last edited by Airj247; 06-20-2017, 06:38 PM.
    I was inverted B)

Comment

I know that VFA 103 fly the F/A18-F variant but I would love to use the Jolly Rogers skin in my F/A18C. May be after release, but I am sure that this skin should be in the list "to be done"!!
      http://www.ecv56condor.com.ar

ECV56 Condor - Discord Channel

Comment

Please. Schemes Spanish Air Force. We are one of the eight country's that have it.
        Wing 12, Wing 15, Wing 46.

Comment

Thanks Wags, I've got a wildcats diecast sitting right next to my desk.
          I hope it's the same skin
          GeForce GTX 970, i5 4690K 3.5 GHz, 8 GB ram, Win 10, 1080p

Comment

No planned CF-18 Skins?
            Royal Malaysian Air Force skins would be cool... Semi fictional as they fly the D model but the Dark grey is soooooo Cool!
            sigpic

Spudknocker DCS World YouTube Channel!!

RTX 2080 Ti - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - DCS on 1TB EVO 970 M.2 SSD - Logitech X56 HOTAS

Comment

Crap going to have to create a VMFA-115 Scheme for my Squadron since they Fly the F-18 A++

Comment

Some More Marine Squadrons that would be cool to see skinned

VMFA-115 Silver Eagles (Equipped with A++ & C+)

VMFA-122 Werewolves

VMFA-251 Thunderbolts

VMFA-312 Checkerboard

VMFA-112 Cowboys F/A-18A++

VMFA-314 F/A-18A++

Last edited by frixon28; 06-20-2017, 06:55 PM.

Comment

What the Difference Between the A++ and C Model shouldn't be that much

Comment

Spanish Hornets "EF-18" (Came off production line in A+ state)

Sorry I don't know the wings....but to my untrained eye they all look near the same

- Love the wear on this aircraft
                    Last edited by frixon28; 06-20-2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Canadian Hornets "CF-18" (Near identical to A models)

Once again I know near nothing about the RCAF...sorry Canadians. Do you Canadians just repaint the demo jet every year I assume, because wow that is a beautiful hornet!

- Note fake canopy on the bottom

[IMGhttps://d3n8a8pro7vhmx.cloudfront.net/cdfai/pages/1308/attachments/original/1478041106/Symbolism_and_the_CF-18_Replacementr_Montages.JPG?1478041106[/IMG]

Comment

I see my old squadron didn't make the cut. VFA-146, along with VMFA-323 was one of the two F/A-18C squadrons in CVW-9/CVW-14/CVW-11 while I was there.

Not one of my photos but a good top view of DIMON 300 right after we had to replace door 18... the first diamond is missing on the spine.

Here's a shot with all of the diamonds present. Again not one of my photos.

Then there was the Marine Aviation Centennial bird transferred to our squadron from VFA-122 for our 2013 cruise. I got a lot of photos of this one before it was repainted in TPS and squadron colors.

Also, There was this jet we called Magnum which was transferred in from NSAWC and we repainted with the "Blood Diamonds" and gave a 357 MODEX. Again not my pics.

Last edited by Vampyre; 06-20-2017, 07:36 PM.
                        Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"

Comment

There are couple of Finnish Hornets that have special paint jobs:

HN-424 with a lynx on the nose:

HN-431 with a lynx on the stabilizer:

And then there's "Kreivi von Rosen":

Comment

Originally posted by Airj247 View Post
                            True, but with all the upgrades, they are more C's now than A's. (At least from what I hear up here in Canada, no clue on Australia's)

(I'm not positive of all the CF-18 specs so don't take me as I'm certain)
                            The RAAF Hornets are closer to the C model than the A model but technically they still are the A therefore understand why they aren't being included. Once the paint kit comes out I'm sure people will pump out skins for all operators of the classic Hornet.

Comment

Originally posted by frixon28 View Post
                              Spanish Hornets "EF-18" (Came off production line in A+ state)

Sorry I don't know the wings....but to my untrained eye they all look near the same

- Love the wear on this aircraft
                              Thats our Spanish tigers of 15th wing and our 12th wing called "gatos", also we have 46th wing based on Canary Islands.

Comment

I think a "must" skin for the F/A-18C is this (Jolly Rogers)

What do you think guys?
                                The same goes and for the F-14 (when it is released)

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X