Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And paste the code eight proposed AFTER the livery {} not inside the livery {} because that breaks the code and the livery does not show up in game or the model viewer

Originally posted by Eight Ball View Post
    I assume you don't want any bort numbers to show on that livery.
    If so, all you have to do is add this at the very bottom of your description.lua:
    Code:
    custom_args = 
    {

[1000] = 1.0,
    [1001] = 1.0,
    [1002] = 1.0,
    [1003] = 1.0,
    }
    Originally posted by Zer07 View Post
    Hey, I'm thinking about using the new board numbers. Can one of you tell me if these numbers can go from three to four digits?
    I don't think you can have a 4th digit
    sigpic
    ***Livery Catalog*** ***Livery downloads***

Comment

Originally posted by Santus View Post
      And paste the code eight proposed AFTER the livery {} not inside the livery {} because that breaks the code and the livery does not show up in game or the model viewer

I don't think you can have a 4th digit
      Hey. on the side numbers
      1. There are three-digit numbers on the plane. some have an extra 4 bit, but it is not animated and is used as a decal.
      2. Registration of board numbers is as before. the material with the tail number must register your main texture in channel 0, the roughness texture if it differs from the default in channel 2 and your texture number in the DECAL channel.
      3. animation arguments are needed to hide unnecessary numbers or switch between types. we used to write an empty texture for numbers that are not needed on the skin, now this is not necessary, although this still works.
      4. and wish. For a single-color texture of the side number of the aircraft, you need to make the main background fill with the color of the number digits. this is necessary for the correct switching of mip maps when the model is removed from the camera.
      " Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

Comment

Originally posted by Zer07 View Post
        Hey, I'm thinking about using the new board numbers. Can one of you tell me if these numbers can go from three to four digits?
        we have an animation of only three digits of the number. therefore, all numbers are three-digit. if there is a need for the fourth category, then it can be drawn in the skin.
        " Умное выражение лица - это еще не признак ума. Все глупости на Земле делаются именно с этим выражением лица..."

Comment

Pity. A fourth digit would have been interesting for this kind of skins. It would have saved a lot of work.
          Attached Files
          My F-16 Livery

Comment

Okay! That worked. Odd because I've attempted this before as it is shown in post 76. Thank you! I 'm not sure why it wouldn't work for me before, but the game did just patch.

Comment

Is the bort loop over now? Or is there another update?

Comment

I think it’s settled now. I saw a post -don’t remember where- that said nothing was planned on that matter anymore.

Found it, it’s post #77 on this topic: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...7&postcount=77
                Last edited 05-28-2020, 05:56 PM.

Comment

there will no longer be such changes that greatly affect the skins. If numbers are added, then by default they will be turned off and to activate them, you will need to register a couple of lines in the file

Comment

I'm trying to implement white and black bort numbers for my skin.

Now I want to color the refuel door numbers in white and the nose numbers in black. The problem being that both number placements use the same texture or description line to call up the texture.

So that it is not possible to have both numbers in a different color, except for the first digit of the nose numbers. The line for that would be:
                    Code:
                    F16_bl50_MAT1_BORT_NUMBER_X100
                    to color the first digit in black, the remaining 3 stay white.

Am I missing something or is it not possible to color the whole 4 digit number on the nose in a different color than the refuel door numbers?

It surprises me since on actual F-16's with the two gray tone paint scheme the top numbers aren't the same color as on the nose.
                    DCS Livery Art Group Cinematic

- Skins/Liveries
                    - DCS Screenshots

Texac on YouTube

Comment

Hey there Texac.

Love your ROAF skins mate.

As far as I can understand. Currently there is no option to paint those two numbers differently since as you say, they use the same code to load the texture.
                      sigpic
                      ***Livery Catalog*** ***Livery downloads***

Comment

Originally posted by Santus View Post

Love your ROAF skins mate.
                        I think you mixed something up there.

So there is no way to color these numbers differently. Perhaps it is planned to change that and give the front numbers a separate texture or their own line of code?

Or tell me the reason to have the first digit colored, the rest 3 not.
                        DCS Livery Art Group Cinematic

- Skins/Liveries
                        - DCS Screenshots

Texac on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by DGambo View Post
                          over time, we will improve the template and fix the errors. if there is a problem with masks then convert them to simple objects. we just did not have time to do this. This should eliminate errors. Textures were drawn in another program and exported to psd, so errors are possible. we’ll fix it over time

Okay. When?

Pic_1 - Before saving

https://ibb.co/mvDmJ8C

Pic_2 - After saving (dds file)

https://ibb.co/Lz9shpc
                          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone know how to create a custom number with a transparent background? bort tga

new patch seems to have changed the way

Comment

Originally posted by leonsilver View Post
                              Okay. When?

Pic_1 - Before saving

https://ibb.co/mvDmJ8C

Pic_2 - After saving (dds file)

https://ibb.co/Lz9shpc
                              I had the same issue. The problem is that the main_2-template uses a custom RGB color profile. Convert it to sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile and it will work better.

Comment

Working...
                              X