Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GTM:Normandy by Barthek

Hello,

it has been a while since I was active last time. Today I want to share a couple of screenshots of my new project. Normandy by Ugra Media was the first map that put us in the WWII setting. While I absolutely love the amount of details this map offers, I was often put off by the colour tones which seemed a little too cartoonish. Hence my attempt to change that. First three pictures show Normandy with stock textures, the rest of them with modified ones. Maybe some of you will find them more appealing. The plan is to focus first on the summer set of textures. Once they are ready, I will provide you with a download link. Till then - stay tuned!

Barthek

STOCK TEXTURES

GTM:NORMANDY:

Click image for larger version  Name:	M8Nbx9e.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.22 MB ID:	7127757

Click image for larger version  Name:	tgJ4AGs.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	7127758

Click image for larger version  Name:	yLhglTk.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.40 MB ID:	7127759

Click image for larger version  Name:	MbZKB0G.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.73 MB ID:	7127760

Click image for larger version  Name:	DRCPXwf.jpg Views:	0 Size:	716.9 KB ID:	7127762

DOWNLOAD LINK: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1SDu...ew?usp=sharing

INSTALLATION GUIDE

1. If you're using any Normandy terrain mods, please deactivate them to avoid potential complications.

2. Download the MOD in JSGME-ready format using the download link.

3. Unzip the content of this package to your JSGME mods folder within your DCS main folder.

4. Activate the mod in JSGME.
    Last edited 10-19-2020, 05:59 PM.

This looks awesome

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
    Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S
    System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
    Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
    Maps: Normandy, Nevada

sigpic

Comment

Welcome back Barthek.

Thanks for your works.
      i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win7HPx64)
      Samsung 32" | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars & 2 x 8"TFTs | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 SwitchPanel & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
      MY MODS | Discord: Devrim#1068

Mi-24P Hind EN Cockpit WIP: %99

Comment

Could you do a texture that covers up the AGLs?
        Georgian Spring Server: Join the Revolution!
        http://georgianspring.enjin.com/

Training for Sabre Pilots
        http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Originally posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
            Could you do a texture that covers up the AGLs?
            +1. In in particular wondering if a fix could be done with the grass fields however. When the light hits them at the right angle, you can see the roughmet/PBR map doesn't match the terrain. It's too shiny, glossy

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S
            System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB
            Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8
            Maps: Normandy, Nevada

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magic Zach View Post
              +1. In in particular wondering if a fix could be done with the grass fields however. When the light hits them at the right angle, you can see the roughmet/PBR map doesn't match the terrain. It's too shiny, glossy

No promises but I'll see what I can do about it.

Some pics from higher altitude:

Comment

It's looking very good !
                Hardware : I7 7700K - Z270 gaming M5 - 32GB ( 4x8 ) ddr4 3200Mhz - 1080Ti gaming X - SSD M2 - TM Twcs / TM Rgt yaw pedals / MS sidewinder FF2 + TM Warthog - Oculus Rift CV1.

Comment

Just amazing barthek! It's to bad that you need to take time to look it more real and not cartoony... This also goes for Caucusus ofcourse.
                  i7 4790K 4.0Ghz / GTX1080 ZOTAC EXTREME PLUS / 16 GB DDR3 / SSD
                  A10C BF109 F14 F18 F5E FC3 HARRIER KA50 M2000C P51 SPITFIRE VIGGEN / NEVADA NORMANDY PERSIAN GOLF / WW2 ASSET

https://combatflight.nl/ De grootste Nederlandstalige DCS community

VR must have

Comment

Holy carp! You are my new favourite person on this forum.

Comment

Really worthwhile mod
                      sigpic

RYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz
                      NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
                      32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz
                      Oculus CV1
                      NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension.
                      VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Comment

So much YES!!! I have been waiting for someone to finally have the skill and guts to have a go at the Normandy map, and now Barthek steps up! Looks great!

Comment

That's far better, good job. Looking forward to try it.

Comment

Does this texture mod demand more from my video card or less or the same? Thanks for sharing. I really liked your other texture mods so I guess I will take to this one too. I use vr and need all the frames I can get so thats why Im asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob1 View Post
                              Does this texture mod demand more from my video card or less or the same? Thanks for sharing. I really liked your other texture mods so I guess I will take to this one too. I use vr and need all the frames I can get so thats why Im asking.
                              Thank you! It should demand from your GPU no more than the vanila version. I haven't resized any textures whatsoever.

Comment

Do you have a time scale barthtek?
                                sigpic

RYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz
                                NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
                                32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz
                                Oculus CV1
                                NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension.
                                VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Comment

Well, frankly speaking, the mod is ready. I have sent a PM to MAESTR0 (Ugra Media), to ask the company for permission to make it public. Haven't received any answers so far .

Comment

Hi Barthek, I appreciate the Caucasus Redone 2020 v1 Mod very much! Your Normandy Edition looks so refreshing and detailed.
                                    I would think MAESTR0 and Urga Media will have no concerns, especially since I believe this Mod could help get additional sales for the beautiful Normandy Map.
                                    Good luck. I already own Normandy and Syria, so this update will mean I fly in Normandy more often. Alternatively, if Urga Media really appreciates the MOD, they could eventually adopt it into the core textures. One can hope, either way, it is a Win-Win for all of us.
                                    Thanks again!
                                    Master of None: | A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Suppercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | >> i5-3570k 32GB - Vega56 - <<

Comment

Originally posted by Barthek View Post
                                      Well, frankly speaking, the mod is ready. I have sent a PM to MAESTR0 (Ugra Media), to ask the company for permission to make it public. Haven't received any answers so far .
                                      It´s great to see Normandy getting some love!
                                      My favourite Map for low flying Jets.

Looking forward the release.

Comment

Originally posted by Barthek View Post
                                        Well, frankly speaking, the mod is ready. I have sent a PM to MAESTR0 (Ugra Media) to ask the company for permission to make it public. I haven't received any answers so far .
                                        Barthek, any positive News from Urga Media? Or are you just doing the proper professional and gentlemanly thing by asking permission?.. either way.. good for you!
                                        Master of None: | A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Suppercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | >> i5-3570k 32GB - Vega56 - <<

Comment

Working...
                                        X