Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Amazing work Admiral ! Keep it up !
      Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz, 16 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980, X-56 HOTAS, Triple TM MFD Cougar custom built LCD set, Delan Head Tracking,

Comment

USS Oak Hill out for Sea Trials.

Comment

Last edited by Admiral189; 08-11-2020, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Can you do the HMS Ark Royal or the CVA-01?

Comment

Hey Callsign, unfortunately i don't have those models and it really is hard to find good workable models.

Comment

Plans are out there but they are not cheap.
                General 3D modeling thread and reference sites
                UK liveries for planes, ships and MODS.
                The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
                "Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
                Please send all hate mail to No11
                Updates to my stuff are now going here

Comment

Hey Admiral189, since the FFGX being worked on can I make an odd request? I've been playing the idea of having some US Coast Guard assets in-game, especially in the Persian Gulf map. It would be nice to see Legend-class cutter (aka National Security Cutter) or Island-class patrol boat sailing around there or in the upcoming Mariana Islands map.
                  Attached Files

Comment

One step ahead of you navyBtown!! I will be dropping her when the new map comes out along with another Coastie! I wasn't planning on showing her but since you mentioned it.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Oh, cool thanks Admiral189 I was not expecting to see that I guess you have a lot more ships in the works then what I was thinking. I can't wait to see what the other cutter looks like but I may have some ideas . Are you mainly picking modern ships (2000-present) or (the late 80s to mid-90s)? Just wanted to hear what your thought on were this is going.

Comment

Hey Navy,

Mostly modern for now as they are easier to create. Older model ships are time consuming but i will eventually create some. Just have to find some good ones. Eventually I will work my way up to an older Carrier. Staying busy though. San Antonio is priority right now but i work other models along with her..

Comment

Oh wow, I was not thinking that as the next coast guard boat. Yeah, from what models you have shown I had a feeling that were you going with it, and it makes sense. I like to see ED add some more naval ships to go with what they have already, and I know RAZBAM has talked about adding some more down the road, but I think you and joey45 are doing a great job, keep it up.

I was thinking to go with the Oak Hill and the Tarawa may be a Newport class LST would look great, make a true Amphibious ready group?
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by navyBtown; 08-18-2020, 03:48 PM.

Comment

That is just one Coastie. I'm looking to get another one but their costly.. If i can find a good model LST i will bring it to DCS.. My fisrt ship was the USS Spiegel Grove. old LSD... She is now a reef off the coast of florida

Comment

Oh nice, I grow up in Bremerton Wa for many years, I quite enjoyed looking at the shipyard and the reserve fleet. It wasn't till after high school while waiting to get into the navy I got to be on my first ship, an old tin can USS Turner Joy DD-951. I wasn't able to get in the navy but I spent four and half years working on here with grate pride and still do to this day. I would love to see her in DCS fully detailed but not much use for her in the game unless a Vietnam map and asset pack comes out.

Comment

I spent 24 years in the Navy.. The last 7 years I was a Harbor Pilot. The largest ship i navigated was the USS Kitty Hawk from Japan.. that was my qual ship. After retirment. I drove tugs, ferries, LCUs and Navigated ships.. So most of career has been on the water or near it. So i understand how ships function in real life..

Comment

Working...
                                X