Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : new zoom, label masking and Pimax Parallel Projection fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3Dmigoto VR mod for DCS : new zoom, label masking and Pimax Parallel Projection fix

11/06/2020: beta&stable => version 7.3 compatibility with 2.5.6.57264, merged version for both beta and stable(only few shader are different, for cockpit reflect)compatibility with 2.5.6.52437, bug fixes

This mod provides the following features:
    • Setup mode with help text to customize settings
    • Label masking by cockpit frame
    • Lightening of cockpit and outside colors
    • Copy/paste of radio messages and F10 map coordinates to easier JTAC coordinates conversion (see forum link below for more informations)
    • Mirror sun glare (too high and not synchronized for each eye) can be disabled
    • Scaling of NVG in VR so it is possible to see below them
    • Sharpen filter for cockpit and outside
    • Reflection on cockpit glass can be lowered/suppressed (AV8B, , UH1-H, Ka50)

Global Setup Menu
    The setup menu can be activated by pressing LSHIFT+F7. You can cycle different pages covering all mod settings. You can change values by using INS/DEL/HOME/END/PageUp/PageDown keys, the effect will be seen directly in game.

At the end you must save your settings and exit by pressing LALT+F12.

NVG feature

Use setup menu, page "NVG" (LSHIFT+F7). It is best to have NVG activated Help text position is defined for Pimax 5k+ with low FoV. You may need to adjust it by modifying this section in the file "user_settings.ini" (one setting for normal view and one setting for NVG view):

Code:
    ;-----------------------
            ; Help message position
            ;-----------------------
            [ResourceHelperPos]
            type = StructuredBuffer
            array = 1
            ; upper left corner coordinate (0=>1)
            data = R32_FLOAT +0.35  +0.35       +0.35 +0.35
            ;                 X&Y pos (no NVG) | X&Y pos (in NVG)
    Basically, the two first number are UV coordinates of uppel left corner of help text when in normal view, the two last numbers are UV coordinates of uppel left corner of help text when in NVG view
    Sharpen filter for cockpit and outside (MSAA must be off)
    Sharpen filter is toggled On/Off by pressing LAlt+F8 key. Sharpen can be applyed only on cockpit to avoid shimmering on landscape and optimize performance.

Sharpen factor and luma can me interactively modified by Setup menu, "Sharpen" page (LSHIFT+F7).
    There are two options : cockpit only or cockpit+external. sharpen and luma can be different for cockpit and outside.

Color change
    Color settings are defined for cockpit and outside (external). You can modify color saturation and add RGB constant or multiply all RGB component
    Color change is made with the following algorithm:
    step 1 new color = saturation change for standard output
    step 2 : new color = saturated color *mul + add
    color settings can be changed interactively by using setup mnu, "COCKPIT COLOR" and "EXT. COLOR" page. (SHIFT+F7)

Reflection on cockpit glasses change
    You can reduce or suppress reflection on cockpit glasses for static textures and dynmaic light (even if I did not encounter a case with them in my testings).
    Reflexions can be changed interactively by using setup menu, "Reflexion" page (SHIFT+F7).
    "Texture" will reduce stenght of reflections based on static texture, "lights" wil reduce reflexions based on lights. If set to zero it may reduce a little bit fps because it will disable some loops.
    Unfortunately, it will work only on planes/helos I own because others may used shader that I did not modify. See above in feature list the planes/helos supported.

Label masking (works in 2D)
    Label masking by cockpit frame is on by default.
    It can be toggled by setup menu, MISC page (LSHIFT+F7)

Mirror sun glare (AV8B)
    Mirror sun glare can be toggled off/on by setup menu, "AV8B" page (LSHIFT+F7)

Radio messages copy/paste
    Radio messages copy can be copied in cockpit view by LSHIFT+F3.
    It will appears in front of you and in map view (F10). When in map view, a new LSHIFT+F3 will add map coordinates at bottom of radio message (when in cockpit view). Either Radio or Map coordinates are updated when pressing LSHIFT+F3 in the appropriate view.
    Radio messages and map coordinates can be toggled on/off by pressing LSHIFT+F5 and erased by LALF+F5
    Position of messages in cockpit view or in map view are defined in user_var_initialization.ini, in [ResourceRadioMap] section. See in file for more information.
    Here is a demonstration video:

Night mode
    Night mode for cursor and kneepad can be toggled on/off by LSHIFT +F11.
    Key binging can be modified in files users_settings\user_keymapping.ini or users_settings\user_keymapping_zoom.ini
    Intensity of brightness is defined using SETUP menu, page "MISC." (LSHIFT+F7)

Installation : It is best to use Jsgme or ovgme, but you can unzip the contain of the zip into dcs world install dir.

The mod versions for stable and OB can be downloaded here : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/fr/files/3305420/

Unsintallation : It is best to use Jsgme or ovgme, but you can use the provided uninstall.bat

The mod for is not compatible with "cockpit illumination" and SSA.
    Kegetys compatibility : no more compatible for current version.

It may eat 2 to 3 fps. I did not see any fps loss with last beta / AV8B/ quick start / ready on the ramp.

This mod is only possible because of the work of people making the Helix or 3Dmigoto libs: http://helixmod.blogspot.com/ or https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
    Sharpen algorithm and lot of code for it taken from here : https://astralcode.blogspot.com/2018...ing-of_13.html

11/06/2020: beta&stable => version 7.3 compatibility with 2.5.6.57264, merged version for both beta and stable(only few shader are different, for cockpit reflect)compatibility with 2.5.6.52437, bug fixes
    06/13/2020: beta => version 7.0 compatibily with 2.5.6.50793
    03/09/2020 : version 4.1b compatibility with OB 2.5.6.43931,zoom feature removed (DCS has now native compatiblity with Pimax for zoom and Spyglass zoom), kegetys compatiblity, new color saturation feature : added in the post untill the OB will become stable (see bottom of post)
    02/22/2020 : version 4.0b compatibility with OB 2.5.6.43931, zoom feature removed (DCS has now native compatiblity with Pimax for zoom and Spyglass zoom)
    02/08/2020: version 3.2 : compatibility with OB 2.5.5.41962 and stable 2.5.5.41371, bug fixes
    01/12/2020: version 3.1 : bug fixes
    12/29/2019: version 3.0.0 : compatibility with OB and stable 2.5.5.41371, sharpen, new zoom & NVG setting mode with help text, setting for PP fix for spyglass zoom, bug fixes
    12/14/2019: version 2.8.0 : bug fixes (message copy should work with all maps, icon masking should also work in all situation)
    12/08/2019: version 2.7.0 : compatibility with stable and OB DCS 2.5.5.40647, support for spyglass VR zoom without PP for Pimax.
    09/08/2019: version 2.6.3 : compatibility with 2.5.5.35461 and stable version, improved copy/paste for radio messages, add convergence for NVG view, fix for F18 HUD
    08/31/2019: version 2.6.2 : bug fix
    08/25/2019: version 2.6.1 : added 2 missing shader for MSAA2x and MSAA4x (needed for PP fix, color modification and radio messages copy)
    08/15/2019: version 2.6 : compatibility with 2.5.5.34644
    08/04/2019: version 2.5.1 : fix cursor and kneeboard too dark by default
    08/03/2019: version 2.5 : bug fixes, no more need to declare PS shaders for label masking, normal and modded zoom can be stacked, support for kegetys mod (but only for specific settings)
    07/07/2019: version 2.3 : compatibility with 2.5.5.33184
    06/27/2019: version 2.2: label masking is working in 2D mode
    06/10/2019: version 2.1 : support of MSAA 2X and 4X, added shaders for Normandy and Persian Gulf maps
    06/09/2019 : Version 2.0 : compatibility with 2.5.5.31917 Open Beta and copy/paste for radio and map coordinates
    06/01/2019 : Version 1.8.1 : fix an error in config files that brake Pimax PPFix
    06/01/2019 : Version 1.8 : first stable version
    Attached Files
    Last edited 07-22-2020, 02:45 PM.
    P8700K @4.8 GHz, 1080ti, 16 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.
    I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

I just got the chance to try this latest version.
    The effects all seem to render properly now which is great!

However, one thing that I don't like in this new version is how the HUD is zoomed.

In the previous version I tried (1.4), I could use zoom to line up bombs and gun fire to ground targets using the HUD ( F/A-18 )

However, in this version, the targeting reticle on the HUD doesn't 'stay in place' and it moves opposite to the head movement .. so it isn't possible to line up shots.

It would be wonderful if the HUD itself doesn't get zoomed so you get fine targetting.

EDIT: Just tried version 1.6 and 1.4 again and the HUD behavior in 1.4 version is different than 1.6 and 1.8. In 1.4 the HUD sticks to the correct position, so lining up gun shots is possible, while 1.6 and 1.8 it is not. However gun effects are rendered wrong in 1.4. At this point I prefer 1.4 as it allows lining up bombs.

1.4 HUD still gets zoomed though but its position is correct. It would be great if the HUD is locked to the correct position and isn't zoomed, which would allow to finely aim/line up shots.
    Last edited 06-01-2019, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glassy99 View Post
      I just got the chance to try this latest version.
      The effects all seem to render properly now which is great!

However, one thing that I don't like in this new version is how the HUD is zoomed.

In the previous version I tried (1.4), I could use zoom to line up bombs and gun fire to ground targets using the HUD ( F/A-18 )

However, in this version, the targeting reticle on the HUD doesn't 'stay in place' and it moves opposite to the head movement .. so it isn't possible to line up shots.

It would be wonderful if the HUD itself doesn't get zoomed so you get fine targetting.

EDIT: Just tried version 1.6 and 1.4 again and the HUD behavior in 1.4 version is different than 1.6 and 1.8. In 1.4 the HUD sticks to the correct position, so lining up gun shots is possible, while 1.6 and 1.8 it is not. However gun effects are rendered wrong in 1.4. At this point I prefer 1.4 as it allows lining up bombs.

1.4 HUD still gets zoomed though but its position is correct. It would be great if the HUD is locked to the correct position and isn't zoomed, which would allow to finely aim/line up shots.

I checked with the Harrier HUD and for me it's OK...
      Can you try with other planes than F18 ?

I found an error in the uploaded version, I fixed it in 1.8.1, please download it again.
      Last edited 06-01-2019, 10:04 PM.
      I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Comment

Nice mod, although I'm struggling to assign the zoom feature to my Warthog stick buttons.
        Just a quick note : it does not work on the latest 2.5.5 openbeta (zoom is weird and does not zoom objects nor scenery, but only water and sky)
        Zip - VEAF

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum
        If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Comment

First post updated. I rebuild the mod, it takes me time because they use new texture registry (that I used also) and mostly because I did a kind of copy/paste for radio messages and map view : it allows to have the saved radio message (9 line for example) displayed when you want in front of you in cockpit, or at top left in mapview.
          Moreover, you will have saved map coordinate also displayed in cockpit view.

Easier to convert coordinates in VR, when you do can not easilly write something.

For french people, there is a topic for the mod also here: http://www.checksix-forums.com/viewt...f=435&t=205054

I can also post my AV8 Target profile, it contains all zoom mapping. But the command to have key mapping are (I mapped them in Shift+trim)

Code:
          define    VR_ZoomMin                PGUP
          define    VR_ZoomMed                HOME
          define    VR_ZoomMax                INS
              MapKeyIO(&Joystick, H1D, VR_ZoomMin, AV8_TRIM_AFT);
          Last edited 06-09-2019, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Hi Lefuneste,

Thanks for your answer, although I do not use Target (hate the thing, and if I switched to using it now I'd have to redo all my assignments in DCS).
            Is there a way of specifying a DX button of a specific DX joystick in your mod's configuration files ?
            For instance, in the config files it states that you can use constants like "XB_LEFT_TRIGGER" ; is there something like "DX18" ?
            I canl try using RSMapper if I have no other option.

Also, I couldn't make the copy/paste messages function work. I pressed lshift-F3, did I miss something ?
            Zip - VEAF

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum
            If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Comment

Originally posted by davidp57 View Post
              Hi Lefuneste,

Thanks for your answer, although I do not use Target (hate the thing, and if I switched to using it now I'd have to redo all my assignments in DCS).
              Is there a way of specifying a DX button of a specific DX joystick in your mod's configuration files ?
              For instance, in the config files it states that you can use constants like "XB_LEFT_TRIGGER" ; is there something like "DX18" ?
              I canl try using RSMapper if I have no other option.

Also, I couldn't make the copy/paste messages function work. I pressed lshift-F3, did I miss something ?
              The 3dmigoto does only allow keyboard or xbox controler input. You miss really a lot of thing by going away of target scripts. This is one of the most powerfull tool to program a joystick.
              The copy paste function is still in beta, it is possible that it will not work in all situation or settings. Can you try it from map view ? Did you have "binocular" mask when zooming ?

Comment

I updated the mod to add Perisan Gulf and Normandy shaders, and support MSAA2x and MSAA4x, maybe it was the cause of the problem of davidp57

Comment

lefuneste, the label masking is one of the best ideas I've seen in DCS in a long time! It is something I wished we could do for a long time.

However it is not working for me I am NOT using VR. I updated the drivers. The lighter cockpit is working so I assume the mod is correctly installed.

Any ideas about why that could be? Could someone confirm it is working for them without VR (well, or not working)
                  DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Comment

Originally posted by cuervo111 View Post
                    lefuneste, the label masking is one of the best ideas I've seen in DCS in a long time! It is something I wished we could do for a long time.

However it is not working for me I am NOT using VR. I updated the drivers. The lighter cockpit is working so I assume the mod is correctly installed.

Any ideas about why that could be? Could someone confirm it is working for them without VR (well, or not working)
                    The label masking is working by adding a "mask" drawn by pixel shaders.
                    Unfortunately, a LOT of pixel shader are used for planes, and most of them are dedicated to a specific plane. I made them for the plane I have, but F18 and F14 (at least) may have lacks. So did you try with a FC3 plane, the Huey or the Shark, the Harrier,...?

The label masking is off by default, it must be triggered by pressing LALT + F10.
                    And I did not check if it works in 2D...Maybe shaders for labels are not the same...I'll have a look, but I wont have the time before at least 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by lefuneste01 View Post
                      The label masking is working by adding a "mask" drawn by pixel shaders.
                      Unfortunately, a LOT of pixel shader are used for planes, and most of them are dedicated to a specific plane. I made them for the plane I have, but F18 and F14 (at least) may have lacks. So did you try with a FC3 plane, the Huey or the Shark, the Harrier,...?

The label masking is off by default, it must be triggered by pressing LALT + F10.
                      And I did not check if it works in 2D...Maybe shaders for labels are not the same...I'll have a look, but I wont have the time before at least 2 weeks.
                      Thanks for your answer! Yes I tried it with the Huey because I saw your screenshot.

I tried to use lalt f10 and also changing the default in the settings file so I guess it's something specific to non VR rendering?

Out of curiosity, are you a 3d graphics developer or something like that? Pretty awesome stuff, regardless of this issue!
                      DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Comment

Originally posted by cuervo111 View Post
                        Out of curiosity, are you a 3d graphics developer or something like that? Pretty awesome stuff, regardless of this issue!
                        Not at all, I'm just a guy that has some basic IT knowledge and make a lot of rough "test and see results". Not very efficient, I spend much more time than a real dev would.
                        Nethertheless, the 3dmigoto lib is great and help a lot, the guy who made it is a real dev. Kegetys also.

Comment

I updated the first post : the 2.2 version supports now label masking in 2D.

Comment

How to install

Hi all,

A few questions about installing the mod. I'm using the Pimax5k+, have parallel projection turned off, and am using the normal fov. I installed the mod using ovgme and can see the dll's and files in the bin directory with the DcsWorld executable. I mapped the DcsworldVR zoom key to num* per the install instructions. Oh yeah, I'm using the latest 2.2 version without kegotis installed....usually have kegotis installed but the latest update is giving me some trouble, so I'm trying this mod without it...Dcs performance is surprisingly good since the last update even without the shader mod...

But when I start Dcs with the mod enabled via ovgme, the initial menu screen is quite messed up...almost looks like the basic dcs zoom feature when parallel project is turned off...but worse...very hard to explain...but it looks like its zooming in by default...and when I then press the key I have mapped to zoom...it seems to unzoom and looks better, but still quite messed up. LOL...sorry, its hard to explain! But its painful...

I obviously messed something up somewhere...or missed a step...seems to work fine for others... For the Pimax Normal FOV do I need to modify one of the user files to make it look right? I tried pressing the end and pagedown keys with the zoom held to adjust things per the install instructions but that didn't help at all...
                            tim
                            Fargo
                            I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Comment

Originally posted by twells555 View Post
                              Hi all,

A few questions about installing the mod. I'm using the Pimax5k+, have parallel projection turned off, and am using the normal fov. I installed the mod using ovgme and can see the dll's and files in the bin directory with the DcsWorld executable. I mapped the DcsworldVR zoom key to num* per the install instructions. Oh yeah, I'm using the latest 2.2 version without kegotis installed....usually have kegotis installed but the latest update is giving me some trouble, so I'm trying this mod without it...Dcs performance is surprisingly good since the last update even without the shader mod...

But when I start Dcs with the mod enabled via ovgme, the initial menu screen is quite messed up...almost looks like the basic dcs zoom feature when parallel project is turned off...but worse...very hard to explain...but it looks like its zooming in by default...and when I then press the key I have mapped to zoom...it seems to unzoom and looks better, but still quite messed up. LOL...sorry, its hard to explain! But its painful...

I obviously messed something up somewhere...or missed a step...seems to work fine for others... For the Pimax Normal FOV do I need to modify one of the user files to make it look right? I tried pressing the end and pagedown keys with the zoom held to adjust things per the install instructions but that didn't help at all...
                              tim
                              Strange. Can you try with Low FOV in Pimax ? Did you use same graphics options than in the first post ? Do you use IPD change in DCS VR option ?
                              Normally if anything is triggered, the display should be as standard game, so nothing is to be changed and I do not understand why you have a kind of shifted images. What the PP fix do is to shift right and left image to an opposite direction only when zooming.
                              If you setup Mirror display in steamVR for both eye, you will see black bar for each image when pressing num*. Can you check that there is no black bars if you do not use num* ?
                              Can you have a look in the bin directory and suppress d3dx_user.ini fileif it exists ? It will be generated again at next DCS launch with defaut values.
                              Can you try to setup a zoom level as described in first post and save it ?

Comment

Hi Lefuneste01...Thank you for your quick reply. Lets see...
                                Yes, I will try low FOV this evening and get back to you...
                                I do not change the IPD in DCS or move the Pitool option from its default position. All pimax are at default for everything and parallel projection is turned off.

Not sure what graphics options you are asking about 'in the first post'...I set the UI VR zoom option to use the num* key in DCS and then tried holding that key and adjusting with the end and pagedown key...is that what you mean? Doing that did not focus the view using either key and didn't seem to have much effect at all...

I am a bit confused by this line in the first post:

"Press and maintain the zoom key you want to set: INS or HOME or PAGE UP for modded zoom or NUMPAD* for DCS world VR."

What is modded zoom? (I used the NUMPAD* key)

I don't know how to set up Mirror display in steamVR but I will google it and try that. (I'm not a 'gamer'....I fly dcsworld flight sim and thats all, so other than the settings super sampling stuff I never go into steamVR, just start steam from Pitool and then launch Dcsworld) I'll try and get back to you when I figure it out...

When I try it this evening I will delete the x3dx_user.ini file and let it regenerate itself...

tim
                                Fargo
                                I9-9900, GTX1080Ti,32GRam,Pimax 5k+, HP Reverb, TM WartHog, MTG Pedals

Comment

Not sure what graphics options you are asking about 'in the first post'..
                                  Look at the image containing DCS graphics settings

What is modded zoom? (I used the NUMPAD* key)

The quick zoom I added with the mod. Setup low FoV in Pitool and press HOME key when in cockpit.

Comment

Hey lefuneste, quite excited to see you are working on this again.
                                    However the 2d masking is still not working for me. The plugin seems to be properly installed because the zooming functionality is there.
                                    I also see a strange effect while zooming normally now. There is a portion of the screen black at the right of the screen that becomes smaller until it diseappears and goes back to normal in about a second.

I tried with the huey. Maybe I am missing something?

Comment

Stupid question : did you activate label masking by LALT+F10 ?

Regarding the black part of the screen : That's normal if you use NUM* to zoom but do not have a Pimax. You should remove the following lines in user_keymapping_zoom.ini:

[Key4]
                                      ;for Pimax 5k/8k only : set Xoffset for DCS build in zoom with no PP
                                      Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_MULTIPLY
                                      ; Key = NO_MODIFIERS VK_LEFT
                                      type = hold
                                      ; delay = 750
                                      ; transition_type = cosine
                                      transition = 850
                                      release_transition = 850
                                      ;------------------------
                                      ; Do not modify these lines
                                      $zoomSetting = 4
                                      $zoomFactor = 1.0
                                      ; run = CommandListZoomVR
                                      ; $imageXoffset = 0.234999925
                                      $imageXoffset = 1

I will setup a easier way to disable this function in future versions

Comment

The mod is broken with the last beta version. I have to rebuild it.
                                        Last edited 07-07-2019, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X