Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gotta say thanks and WOW! This is a real step forward for VR! I have always had intermittent stutter problems but this is working great! MASKSIZE 0.625f MSAA_MASKSIZE 0.45f
    i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

Comment

With steamVR's ASW On, I can now reach 90 fps while flying in the Caucasus valleys while I used to be locked at 45.

Comment

best thing about this mod, it tunes down those stupid reflections on the glass
        'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

Comment

To the OPer, and all those that have tried it out, thanks. ED is looking into it.

Forum RulesED YouTube PageMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
          **How to Report a Bug**

Comment

visual quality

For people running the Oculus, is there a noticeable visual quality drop in exchange for the higher frame rates? What do you notice as the biggest quality difference stock vs this mod? thanks.
            The State Military (CVW-17)

sigpic

RAM 301
            F/A-18C BuNo 165212
            VFA-83

CAPT W. “Grekko” Loomis
            www.statelyfe.com

Comment

Originally posted by NineLine View Post
              To the OPer, and all those that have tried it out, thanks. ED is looking into it.

great news! thanks!
              Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, WD 2TB HDD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2

Comment

Originally posted by Kegetys View Post
                I did a quick update to the mod to fix the compile error with DIFFUSE_UV (thanks to Flighter). I also slightly clarified the install instructions, everything else is otherwise the same. Updated link is in the first post.
                Thank you for your time and efforts for this great mod. Are you also able to enable the new RAIN DROPS? It never worked like it does on 2D monitor.

Thanks in advance!!!
                i9 9900k @5.1GHz h100i |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 512GB | LPX 32GB DDR4 3200MHz
                EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra | Reverb | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Comment

What mask size are people using with a Samsung Odyssey? Good thing ED is looking into it, because of integrity check.
                  Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey

Comment

ED is looking into it.

Really good news

Comment

Originally posted by Kegetys View Post
                      If you want to use MSAA or not is up to you, even with the masking it still has quite large performance impact so I ended up not using it anyway myself, and rather use a higher pixel density.
                      ARE YOU THE SAME GUY THAT MADE THE SoftTH Triplehead hack, that allowed regular users to use triple monitor setups?
                      find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A
                      http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Comment

Originally posted by coach View Post
                        With steamVR's ASW On, I can now reach 90 fps while flying in the Caucasus valleys while I used to be locked at 45.
                        wait.. SteamVR has a spaceware implementation?????
                        find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A
                        http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Comment

Originally posted by hannibal View Post
                          wait.. SteamVR has a spaceware implementation?????
                          Yes in steam VR settings under developer tab its called synchronized reprojection...or something similar to that.
                          Asus ROG Strix Z370-E | Core i7 8700k @5.0Ghz-Corsair H100i v2 | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengence LPX 3000 | 1TB Seagate 7200 rpm | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Asus Strix OC 1080Ti | Samsung Odyssey

Comment

Holy freaking crap!!!!!... this is outstanding!!!... just tested 4k and GPU load is down from 62-83% to 40-54%... time to test some MSAA... nice work with this!!...
                            Ryzen R7 1800x|EVGA FTW3 1080Ti|32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum@2666mhz|Samsung 750 EVO|LG 4k 50" Main Display|ASUS PB278Q Reference Display|

Comment

Ok just tested it on my rig (Vive Pro, 7700k, 1080), very impressive indeed and kudos to the mod creator. I can actually play with high water, flat shadow, PD1.3, and maintain 45 FPS in downtown Dubai.

I still prefer the silky smooth and crisp 90+FPS on ultrawide monitor at high settings, but I don’t mind playing in VR now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                              PC: 9900K/2080Ti, 32GB RAM.
                              Joystick bases: TMWx2, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L
                              Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2
                              Throttles: TMWx2, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant
                              VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.

Comment

Vive Pro, 1080ti, Nevada solid 90 fps, 1.5-pixel density
                                this should be implemented for multiplayer yesterday!

Comment

I tried this mod with the F-86F and my computer froze hard when I zoomed in to monitor the engine core gauge while starting up the bird. No crashlog was produced, since the whole system froze and I had to power cycle. No probs whatsoever with the vanilla shader pack though, so the culprit has got to be this mod. Ideas?

PS. Oh and this was in 2D, not VR.
                                  The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Comment

Originally posted by wrl11 View Post
                                    For people running the Oculus, is there a noticeable visual quality drop in exchange for the higher frame rates? What do you notice as the biggest quality difference stock vs this mod? thanks.
                                    Tonemapping and HDR was missing, so the light bounce / reflections / speculars / glare, or what ever you want to call it, was minimal. Contrast was flatter too. That was the first thing I noticed, and it effects every surface, just to various degrees. Ground was a little flatter too, and so where trees - helped trees imo. But those things I could certainly live without, when the the price is more fps in VR. I honestly cant remember if canopy reflections/glare were gone too? I was very focused on fps.
                                    - Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.
                                    - Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| MSI Z87-G45 Gaming | i5-4670K @ 4.3Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 1600 | Asus GTX 1070 Strix OC | Samsung 850 Evo 250 & 500Gb | 40" Sony FullHD | Oculus Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick (19.5cm extension) & Throttle | MFG Crosswind | Windows 7-64 |

Comment

Thanks NineLine for the heads up.
                                      Hopefully I'll be able to finally retire 1.5.8 and move on up to version 2.5, if Kegetys mod can be implemented as an "official option or update" .
                                      CPU = Intel i7-6700K
                                      Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,
                                      RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.
                                      GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
                                      Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
                                      Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
                                      OS = Windows 10 64bit
                                      Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
                                      HTC Vive
                                      DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel

Comment

Hi (all comments relate to Spitfire in instant action Normandy free flight)
                                        I tried this and noticed significant improvement in smoothness (I never monitor framerates, as for me I'm happy if its smooth). I was able to increase MSAA to 4x which has reduced jaggies by 60% (subjective) and I am running PD at 1.4 with my Rift. Load times are tedious, but only because I am impatient. The lettering and overall cockpit clarity is much improved and the 'popping' of the trees has disappeared. I have my settings as per OP apart from above. Overall this takes my personal VR experience into a very pleasant place. Very many thanks you have made my day!

Neal
                                        Desktop PC:
                                        Intel i9 9900K, Gigabyte MOBO, 32 GB RAM , GPU Nvidia RTX 2080
                                        Windows 10, TM Warthog, Crosswind rudder peddles, Occulus Rift S.

Comment

Originally posted by msalama View Post
                                          I tried this mod with the F-86F and my computer froze hard when I zoomed in to monitor the engine core gauge while starting up the bird. No crashlog was produced, since the whole system froze and I had to power cycle. No probs whatsoever with the vanilla shader pack though, so the culprit has got to be this mod. Ideas?

PS. Oh and this was in 2D, not VR.
                                          sometimes you will get a big slow down in missions when you do something for the first time.

for me I got a massive pause in the harrier when I dropped my first bombs. and its all to do with the continued rebuilding of the shadders. lasted long enough for me to take off my HMD.

the next time I dropped mk82 everything went fine.

so if you zoomed in on something and it went into melt down. I would have waited to see if it finished. because I zoomed in just as my bombs hit and got a 20 second pause.

the OP does mention this as well as the length of the first load.
                                          Last edited 07-14-2018, 03:37 PM.
                                          My Rig: i7 4930k 4.5Ghz, 16GB DDR3 2400, 2x SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Comment

Working...
                                          X