Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by westr View Post
    can anyone guide as to how to open and edit a HLSL file to increase the MASKSIZE VALUE?
    Hi westr

You can use notepad or notepad++(suggested for editing stuff like this). And I believe its the second line in the HLSL file

Originally posted by aceofspades9963 View Post
    Awesome work , can really crank the settings now . What mask size are odyssey users using ?

I used .575 for my Odyssey. Seems to work. Not seeing the weird outline like I was when it was at .525
    Attached Files
    Last edited 07-12-2018, 05:13 PM.
    sigpic
    Only civies call it a "bug"

Comment

Originally posted by walleye62 View Post
      Hi westr

You can use notepad or notepad++(suggested for editing stuff like this). And I believe its the second line in the HLSL file

I used .575 for my Odyssey. Seems not seeing the weird outline like I was when it was at .525
      Thanks man !

Comment

I just tried this and my performance is much smoother with less VR judder. I really can't tell that much difference in the visuals, it still looks perfectly fine.

Thanks for this!!

i7 6700k @4.2 GHZ

GTX 1070

Comment

anywhere can I find a detailed how to installation ?

is it revertible if you wanna play with NO VR sometimes ?
          sigpic
          Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - ZOTAC 2080ti AMP Extreme Core - Cougar FSSB + Cougar NN_Dan + HOTAS Warthog + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedals - Track IR5

Comment

Any word from ED on cooperation with the dev of this mod?

Comment

Originally posted by FZG_Immel View Post
              anywhere can I find a detailed how to installation ?

is it revertible if you wanna play with NO VR sometimes ?
              Theres is txt in the zip that explain how to install, but I need to do one or two thing more that other users said in this thread. I didn’t try it, but OP said that you can run this mod without VR.

Comment

The legend strikes again.
                Now I have fond memory coming back.

Kegetys, you are a hero!
                Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.
                Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.
                All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Comment

What program should I get to edit the HMD mask size?

Comment

anything editing text, like notepad. I use Notepad++
                    Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

Comment

Tried that but could not find the values to edit. Where do I get Notepad++ ?

Comment

the value to edit is on the second line of the text
                        #define MASKSIZE 0.525f // change this to adjust the size of the mask, 0.525f seems to be ok for the Vive

Comment

Originally posted by aceofspades9963 View Post
                          Awesome work , can really crank the settings now . What mask size are odyssey users using ?
                          I use 0.54

Comment

anyone getting flickering white textures over water with this mod?

*fixed by increasing water detail level from low
                            Last edited 07-12-2018, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Is this GME compatible? Would be nice to be able to quickly enable and disable it again for multiplayer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Strange, I can't notice any difference at all with either MSAA 4x or SSAA 2x enabled. I changed the mask size to 0.54 as per the above post for Odyssey users. I have the PD hardcoded to 130% in SteamVR (because automatic tries to use 200% lol), and I've tried PD in DCS at 1.0 and 1.3 (1.0 should actually be 1.3 PD for me because of SteamVR's PD default).

There is a difference in visual quality between DCS PD 1.0 and 1.3 (which will be an actual PD of between 1.3 and 1.69), but I notice no difference in the viewport between the center and the edges. Text readability doesn't change.

Any idea what's going on? Also, what's the most effective way in SteamVR to see how my FPS is going? I can't read that frame timing graph

Comment

Install text is not clear for someone that doesn't know how.

Tried 2 x to install exactly per directions. Comes up consistently with

a loading error and game will not run unless I remove it.

Those who know what he's talking about in the install file...if you could help us with the "long hand" explanation, filling in the gaps that are assumed knowledge. I would be most grateful.

Love VR and would really like the opportunity to try this mod. But directions as they are now, are for me, mod is unusable.
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited 07-13-2018, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by captflyby View Post
                                    Install text is not clear for someone that doesn't know how.

Tried 2 x to install exactly per directions. Comes up consistently with

a loading error and game will not run unless I remove it.

The solution to this problem is already in this thread.
                                    Win-10 x64

Nvidia RTX2080 (HP Reverb)
                                    Asus Prime X570P
                                    AMD 3800x
                                    32GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
                                    Using VJoy and UCR to remap Throttle and Clutch into Rudder axis

Comment

Actually not - there are two different loading errors - one has to do with the Glass shader and the other has to do with ResolveDepth - and that one has not been solved or temporarily fixed. I have no idea why some of us need a fix and others don't even though we have the same openbeta version od DCS.

It sure would be nice if Kegetys would take a look.

Dave W.
                                      Last edited 07-13-2018, 04:02 AM.
                                      PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz
                                      Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR
                                      VR - Reverb
                                      RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48
                                      DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Comment

I think both errors are fixed and the fixes are listed in this thread. The glass shader problem occurs when joining MP servers (or maybe any time the M2K is used???) and the ResolveDepth issue occurs when you start DCS yes? At least that's when it was occurring for me.

The solution is in the thread for both.
                                        Win-10 x64

Nvidia RTX2080 (HP Reverb)
                                        Asus Prime X570P
                                        AMD 3800x
                                        32GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals
                                        Using VJoy and UCR to remap Throttle and Clutch into Rudder axis

Comment

@M1Combat,
                                          Could you then please point out the thread entry number (upper right) or at least the page of the ResolveDepth fix - difficult going through all 13 pages.

Dave W.
                                          PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz
                                          Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR
                                          VR - Reverb
                                          RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48
                                          DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Comment

Working...
                                          X