Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not tried this mod yet, but if it works - ED should make the mod IC compatible or have a separate set of these "VR friendly files" used when DCS is launched with VR enabled.

Still hoping for an official solution, but this might be a big leap in the right direction.

Comment

Interesting, launching now, will see if it works.

Comment

Hello, simply amazing mod, i was about to leave VR since my pc was a bit to low to have good performances but now, wow. I'm like a little kid at Christmas!
        Just a question for CV1 users, what MASKSIZE do you guys use?

Thank you for your feedback!

Aand Kegetys, you are a legend!
        Leader of the Virtual Patrouille Suisse Since 2010. High and slow, fast and low.
        sigpic
        Intel i9-9900k | 32GB RAM | MSI RTX2080 8GB | Oculus Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Pro Flight Trainer

Comment

Wooooo gonna try it out! DCS crew - do you see it?!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Comment

Originally posted by gorzasty View Post
            Wooooo gonna try it out! DCS crew - do you see it?!

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka
            After more testing......

Nevada ++
            Persian Gulf ++
            Caucusus +
            Nevada - (no effect)

It would be great if it would be integrity check approved or a walk around.

Besides this. It's a fantastic mod!
            New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns

Comment

Was going to give this a try today - but I just tried one last thing and it has me flying smoothly in VR with my GTX1060 (and i5 4690k).

Lowered the PD to 1.0 - that was the big thing. Getting solid 45fps in busy combat (A/G) situations and 90fps the rest of the time and no stutters at all.

Normally I use 1.6 - been on that since I got my Rift, over 2 years ago, but this drop to 1.0 isn't so bad as far as the graphics goes, but I have dropped my other settings, too - no grass clutter etc (set fully left) and reduced tree visibility and preload radius quite a bit - but it's working very well and not having to mod is big bonus (especially for those that need to pass the IC ).

Tomorrow I'll try the mod as well and see how it goes.

PS - this was in Caucasus with the Su-25T doing cluster bomb runs at 3,000m.
              Last edited 05-26-2019, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV_Tango View Post
                Hello, simply amazing mod, i was about to leave VR since my pc was a bit to low to have good performances but now, wow. I'm like a little kid at Christmas!
                Just a question for CV1 users, what MASKSIZE do you guys use?

Thank you for your feedback!

Aand Kegetys, you are a legend!
                I've settled on 0.73.

Comment

It works wonders in SP, but I keep getting an error in MP with some of the files:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shader "bazar/shaders/model/glass_material.fx"failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 functions/glass.hls(82,9-43): warning X3206: implicit

truncation of vector type

functions/glass.hls(101,64-79):error X3018: invalid subscript 'DIFFUSE_UV'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Thoughts?

Comment

Good to see this getting a lot of reads and uses. Hope ed see it and give it some thought
                    Good to see lefuneste in here with 3dmigoto ideas too as using that mod can help with ic issues on mp

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Comment

OrionAstronaut, I had the same problem, need to copy the original glass.hlsl file from your backup Shaders folder:

Originally posted by Astronut View Post
                      I can confirm that this works! I just copied the original glass.hlsl file back into the functions folder. Thanks for that Brixmis.

This mod is pretty amazing! Thanks Kegetys!

Comment

Originally posted by Formski View Post
                        I've got the same issue upon startup:

Shader "bazar/shaders/deferred/ResolveDepth.fx" failed to compile. Reason:
                        warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 D:\...\bazar\shaders\deferred\ResolveDepth.fx{89,17-33}:Unrecognized token disableAlphaBlend

Am running an AMD Vega 64 on the current 18.6.1 drivers version if that is any help?
                        Getting the same issue too.
                        sigpic
                        Only civies call it a "bug"

Comment

I'll have to give this a try again since it's working so well for everyone. I'll report back.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by walleye62 View Post
                            Getting the same issue too.

Me too!! ??

After I backup the original shaders directory do I merge the new shaders files or simply just copy the new shaders? I would think I would need mostly the original shader files and then have replaced the 16 or so of them with the new ones??
                            PC HW 9700K@5.0Ghz
                            Win 10 (Build 2004 ) with WMR
                            VR - Reverb
                            RTX2070 with Nvidia 451.48
                            DCS 2.5.6 (latest)

Comment

Originally posted by whitav8 View Post
                              Me too!! ??

After I backup the original shaders directory do I merge the new shaders files or simply just copy the new shaders? I would think I would need mostly the original shader files and then have replaced the 16 or so of them with the new ones??
                              Thanks, Whitav8! That's what it was. Needed to copy that folder over the old one. Duh...cant belive I didn't think of that..haha!
                              sigpic
                              Only civies call it a "bug"

Comment

Originally posted by OrionAstronaut View Post
                                It works wonders in SP, but I keep getting an error in MP with some of the files:

Shader "bazar/shaders/model/glass_material.fx"failed to compile. Reason:

warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47 functions/glass.hls(82,9-43): warning X3206: implicit

truncation of vector type

functions/glass.hls(101,64-79):error X3018: invalid subscript 'DIFFUSE_UV'

Any Thoughts?

This works without loosing the glass optimized shader :
                                Originally posted by Flighter View Post
                                I have a butcher's fix for the shader compilation error (until properly done by the OP):

At line 101 of glass.hlsl (Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl)
                                replace :
                                Code:
                                mp.diffuse.rgb = Diffuse.SampleBias(gAnisotropicWrapSampler, input.DIFFUSE_UV.xy, 3);
                                with
                                Code:
                                #ifdef DIFFUSE_UV        
                                        mp.diffuse.rgb = Diffuse.SampleBias(gAnisotropicWrapSampler, input.DIFFUSE_UV.xy, 3);
                                #endif
                                JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

Smile

Comment

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize that turning on MSAA would force a full recompile. Disregard
                                  Last edited 07-12-2018, 02:50 PM. Reason: whoops

Comment

Kegetys you rock! Have seen great work from you since Operation Flashpoint!!
                                    i7 4790K 4.0Ghz / GTX1080 ZOTAC EXTREME PLUS / 16 GB DDR3 / SSD
                                    A10C BF109 F14 F18 F5E FC3 HARRIER KA50 M2000C P51 SPITFIRE VIGGEN / NEVADA NORMANDY PERSIAN GOLF / WW2 ASSET

https://combatflight.nl/ De grootste Nederlandstalige DCS community

VR must have

Comment

This is a game changer. I'm rocking SSAA x2 after using this mod. I'm also happy to see his name again after so many years back when OFP is in its prime.
                                      Intel Core i5 2500K, 12.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3, Z68X-UD3-B3, GTX 1080 (ZOTAC International), SSD 850 EVO

Comment

Please ED implement this officially as a setting! I miss pre-2.5 VR so much

Comment

Awesome work , can really crank the settings now . What mask size are odyssey users using ?

Comment

Working...
                                          X