Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would there be any benefit to having a HMD mask mod only and keep all of the regular shaders? The latest version of the mod doesnt seem to give the same boost and now it looks noticeably worse than the unmodded version.

I appreciate the work you have done with this mod and look forward to future improvements. Really should be a part of the base game with VR mode is enabled.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0v...T4FGzkWjaEucVg

Combat Vet, Couch Pilot

Comment

Just installed the the latest shaders, and its getting stuck when trying to load into a map
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by GLUTIUS MAXIMUS View Post
        Just installed the the latest shaders, and its getting stuck when trying to load into a map
        Did you wait long enough? It can take some time to load the shaders for the first time... Depending on your system I would wait at least 15 Minutes.
        I did not stop time, but on my side I waited about 5 Minutes to get to main menu, and about 7 to get to flight in the A10
        Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

Comment

Error while compiling newest verson for 2.5.6.43503

I keep getting this message while starting the game after having enabled the newest mod for 2.5.6.43503. Tried both Persian Gulf and Caucasus (see attachment):

Shader 'bazar/shaders/water.fx' failed to compile.
          Reason:
          warning X4717: Effects deprecated for D3DCompiler_47
          L:\DCS World OpBeta\bazar\shaders\enlight\water.fx(329,9-110): error X3013: 'BuildGBufferWater':
          no matching 8 parameter function

'Retry' only makes the error window reappear, 'Abort' shuts down DCS.

Any workaround or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Attached Files

Comment

are you applying it to 2.5.6 ?
            SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

You might not have removed the old shaders mod properly? Uninstall it, repair dcs, clear your fxo and metashaders folders, reinstall, try again.
              7700K@5Ghz, 32GB 3600 CL16, 3080.

Comment

Don't forget to rename the shader folders for every map in the install directory to dcs.old or something else, as mentioned in the readme.
                Win10 Pro, Intel i9 9700k @5GHz, GeForce RTX 2080 TI, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 @3200MHz RAM, MSI z390 Gaming Plus, HP Reverb Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD Base, Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (for DCS), Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB (for Win10), Philips PHL 274E

Comment

Originally posted by stuartaston View Post
                  what makes you think this mod fails the IC ??? i use it native, i go to multiplayer and its a green shield with no warnings ...?
                  I do get a red shield using the 2.5.6 version of this mod.
                  (B/229) Razorback

Asus P6T Deluxe X58 | Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition @ 3,2Ghz | 24Gb DDR3 1333-999 | Toughpower 1500Watt | 1 x WD 300Gb, 1 x WD 2000Gb | Asus GTX1080 8Gb | Asus Xonar D2X | Windows 10 Pro x64 | HOTAS Cougar (heavily modified) | MFG Crosswind pedals | CH Throttle Quadrant | TrackIR5 | Oculus Rift CV1 | VoiceAttack with Vaicom Pro
                  sigpic
                  B Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

Aviate Navigate Communicate

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway View Post
                    Would there be any benefit to having a HMD mask mod only and keep all of the regular shaders? The latest version of the mod doesnt seem to give the same boost and now it looks noticeably worse than the unmodded version.

I appreciate the work you have done with this mod and look forward to future improvements. Really should be a part of the base game with VR mode is enabled.
                    This is exactly what i was going to ask ! The HMD Mask works great for me and i dont notice it but i feel the atmospheric feeling has suffered alot . Things that made the look more immersive like the capopy shading , scratches etc are gone and at night it all looks bad ...

Comment

This new shader pack has helped my machine immensely. However, now if I try opening a Persian Gulf .miz in Mission Editor, DCS gets stuck in the loading screen. Straight up flying a PG mission, no problem, looks amazing, runs at 45 fps on my nVidia Quadro P4000 (whereas before it would chug down to the 20s when flying low and fast through Dubai).

Anyone else with this dilemma?

Comment

Kegetys, thanks for the quick fix to the shaders. 2.5.6 looks great and is running butter smooth.
                        My YouTube Channel

Twitch Live Streaming

EVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra 11GB | i9 9900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E Gaming | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | Corsair H150i Cooler | SSDs: 2 x NVMe M.2 970 EVO PLUS 1TB, Crucial 1TB, Crucial 512GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | Corsair 1000W | Bose Companion 3 | Razer Death Adder 3.5G | HP Reverb Pro |Track IR 5 + Pro Clip | TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Honeycomb Alpha | TM T500 RS w/ Leather 28 GT and custom F1 wheels | Viotek 34” 1440p monitor

Comment

Thank you Kegetys, this mod works great and smooth. I really like it.
                          but may we have IC pass one???? please please please.

Comment

what makes you think this mod fails the IC ??? i use it native, i go to multiplayer and its a green shield with no warnings ...?
                            stuartaston
                            How did you do that??? I installed it by JSGME, but can not pass IC, it is red shield.

Comment

No idea, I used ovgme, but that’s just a delivery engine, it’s the same mod, green shield. What files is the red shield telling you is broken, ?
                              SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

No idea, I used ovgme, but that’s just a delivery engine, it’s the same mod, green shield. What files is the red shield telling you is broken, ?
                                Are you sure you are using the newest mod for this patch???

IC result is below:

bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl
                                bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl
                                bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl
                                bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl
                                bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd_common.hlsl
                                bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl
                                bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl
                                Last edited 02-18-2020, 08:59 AM. Reason: add IC result

Comment

Originally posted by Gunny Highway View Post

A HMD mask only mod would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by wumas0201 View Post
                                    Are you sure you are using the newest mod for this patch???

IC result is below:

bazar/shaders/deferred/decoder.hlsl
                                    bazar/shaders/deferred/gbuffer.hlsl
                                    bazar/shaders/deferred/atmosphere.hlsl
                                    bazar/shaders/deferred/shadows.hlsl
                                    bazar/shaders/posteffects/nvd_common.hlsl
                                    bazar/shaders/model/functions/glass.hlsl
                                    bazar/shaders/materialfactory/ils151.hlsl
                                    apologies you are correct, just retested this morning, and i get the same message.

what you can do; and ihave no idea what the perf impact would be, is delete those files BEFORE you apply the MOD

Comment

I just spent time testing this mod and found that this mod is great, can give us better performance than original one, but there are still some shutter. The performance in SP is OK, but not in MP.
                                      Too many shutter in MP, especially when many planes are crowded in the same place.
                                      I think ED must take responsibility to fix these issue for VR, not us. We have done our duty to tell them where the problem is.

Comment

I agree complitely with you womas. SP is Ok but not MP

Comment

Originally posted by Astro111 View Post
                                          I agree complitely with you womas. SP is Ok but not MP
                                          I've been using this mod for a while in MP and had no issues at all. Take in count that 2.5.6 is trash in terms of stability right now

Comment

Working...
                                          X