Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job, ED should implement it that way, so we can pass integrity checks,
    hopefully this threads gets some attention by them
    my projects:

https://www.sim-addons.com/

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/sim-addons-1

AV8B nozzle lever
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233670
    F18C fingerlifts
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=234747
    F18C radar elevation
    https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=248080

Comment

Originally posted by FoxDelta View Post
      good job, ED should implement it that way, so we can pass integrity checks,
      hopefully this threads gets some attention by them
      Well hope for the attention from ED for this one! Oops and how far is the Vulcan API now?
      New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns

Comment

Sadly, don't work for me in MP. Not a IC error, it's a "glass_materials.fx failed to compile".

Tried in Aerobatics Online and Aerobatics Germany. I'll do more test...

Comment

Originally posted by nachomaga View Post
          Sadly, don't work for me in MP. Not a IC error, it's a "glass_materials.fx failed to compile".

Tried in Aerobatics Online and Aerobatics Germany. I'll do more test...
          Getting the same error, must be down to aircraft that are in the mission.
          RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Comment

At last some hope...

Kegetys, I cannot thank you enough for a variety of reasons. Probably the most important one is bringing back some hope to this slow new renderer. Your pipeline is just fantastic !

It just takes a man with brains and knowledge. And you clearly have both.
            Do you mind sharing how much time it took you to do the mod ?

And here is a nice, nice chart (rest of the thread https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207002 )

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

Smile

Comment

Wow! look at that, amazing! there is hope for VR!

Unfortunately it did not work for me with the Mirage in the Gulf map.
              I get an error with the option to retry or cancel the glass shader... no bueno.

But still great work!

Is it possible to have some of the optimizations without the glass shader thing?
              [ i7 8700K@5Ghz (LC) - GTX 1080 TI (LC) - 32GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 - Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 - Samsung 970 PRO NVME SSD - LG 34" Ultra Wide - HTC Vive - Virpil MongoosT-50/WarBRD Base ]

Comment

great mod.

works well. I can turn the view range up and MSAA on.

Thank you.
                Persian gulf looks great.
                My Rig: i7 4930k 4.5Ghz, 16GB DDR3 2400, 2x SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Comment

Can't even get the GUI up in VR with this mod.
                  Any ideas?
                  Intel i9 10900K 5.1GHz · Palit RTX 2080 Ti OC Gaming Pro · ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F · Acer 4K 32" XB321HK · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 10 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · TrackIR5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil WarBRD Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM2 · Virpil Alpha Grip · HP Reverb Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BrainFart0 View Post
                    Wow! look at that, amazing! there is hope for VR!

Unfortunately it did not work for me with the Mirage in the Gulf map.
                    I get an error with the option to retry or cancel the glass shader... no bueno.

But still great work!

Is it possible to have some of the optimizations without the glass shader thing?
                    You could try that for yourself, surely?

I would say delete the Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl file - or leave the original in there instead.

If still no worky, you probably know the answer

Might be nice to get together a list of modules people are having problems with?

Comment

Testing now, anybodies shadows also super dark ? Looks odd on buildings

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Comment

windows may report the program as having stopped working on first load because it takes a long time to rebuild the shaders.
                        so it takes an age to get into the hangar with the mig 29 and menu.

and it takes an age to load the first mission.

but after that all is good.

so start it and go make a coffee if you are having issues with it loading.
                        My Rig: i7 4930k 4.5Ghz, 16GB DDR3 2400, 2x SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

Comment

Fantastic FPS MOD. Flying VR to be meant. Missing shaders is no gamebreaker for me. Since 2.5 VR users struggling with stutters and frames pro second. Looking forward.
                          New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns

Comment

Thanks much Kegetys for sharing this mod.

It works great. Just tried it with Hornet in a caucasus SP mission, and it's a big increase in perf while I don't notice any real downgrade in visuals' quality.

I had, with my Rift, to increase Masksize to 0.65 to completely get rid of "borders bug", but that must varie according to user's morphology.

Basically with my settings I went from 1.2 PD / MSAA 2x to 1.7 PD / MSAA 2x, while keeping 45fps with asw 99% of the time. That is not trivial.

The way MSAA is applied everywhere except the borders seems very clever, MSAA being a big performance hitter.
                            Hardware : I7 7700K - Z270 gaming M5 - 32GB ( 4x8 ) ddr4 3200Mhz - 1080Ti gaming X - SSD M2 - TM Twcs / TM Rgt yaw pedals / MS sidewinder FF2 + TM Warthog - Oculus Rift CV1.

Comment

hello,
                              I'm back on hacking DCS shaders with 3dmigoto : https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
                              I can now increase brightness of cockpit parts and mask labels by cockpit frames. I'm still working of a better zoom, but it's harder than with il2 Bos...
                              Maybe it should be interesting to make your mod in 3dmigoto ?

It does not change DCS files, so no problem with integrity. Do you know this lib ?
                              P8700K @4.8 GHz, 1080ti, 16 GB RAM, HP reverb Pro.
                              I spend my time making 3dmigoto VR mods for BoS and DCS instead of flying, see https://www.patreon.com/lefuneste

Comment

Wow, that sounds very promising

Comment

I noticed that L-39 gunsight is almost 100% transparent. You can see a very slight rim shader around the gunsight position when against clear blue sky or when looking from a side of the gunsight.
                                  i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.
                                  i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Comment

Originally posted by Brixmis View Post
                                    You could try that for yourself, surely?

I would say delete the Bazar\shaders\model\functions\glass.hlsl file - or leave the original in there instead.

If still no worky, you probably know the answer

Might be nice to get together a list of modules people are having problems with?

I can confirm that this works! I just copied the original glass.hlsl file back into the functions folder. Thanks for that Brixmis.

This mod is pretty amazing! Thanks Kegetys!

Comment

Cool mod but nvg is not working correctly and if you have fog and clouds the ground is black ...?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                                      I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

Comment

Great mod. Key thing is to make sure you have the patience for the first start up. (Takes 5 - 10 minutes to rebuild the shaders).

OP - incredible job, you are a genius!
                                        Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra, i7-9700k (4.9ghz all cores), NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL-14 3200mhz RAM, GTX1080SC, Soundblaster Z, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 512GB Samsung NVMe, 1x 1TB Samsung NVMe, WD 2TB HDD, Win 10 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, JetSeat KW-908, Rift "S", Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower Case, Seasonic Prime 750W Titanium PW Supply, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2

Comment

I tried it but it didn't rebuild the shaders after I removed them, any ideas ?
                                          Hawkeye
                                          VF-213 CO
                                          VCVW-11
                                          www.vcvw-11.com

Heatblur F-14 SME

Comment

Working...
                                          X