Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimiC View Post
    Is it possible to get an ic ok version for mp or is there practically no changes that will work in that case

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    Nope, not unless ED does it as it makes changes to core game files

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz
    MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
    32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM
    MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio
    40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K
    Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive
    Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker
    Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

sigpic

Comment

Wow, Kegetys to the rescue! While I don't own VR gear yet (waiting for next gen), I can only imagine you guys are in for a treat.

This guy is a true talent and THE WIZARD of modding (you would know, if you ever played OFP or ARMA). I really hope ED will pay attention to what he brings to the game.
      i7-6850K | GTX1080 | 32GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Yesterday give it a try and while I can't check the performance improvement ( ASW was active and locked at 45 fps ) I feel that was back in time to 1.5 version of DCS so for sure it would give a big performance improvement. Unfortunately I can't go back to these graphic quality levels, but congrats to the autor for his great job.

Comment

So yes, i will critic and demand if i need to.
          Nothing wrong with criticism per se. But constantly using phrases like "they can't make anything like this" is just stupid and thoughtless, because if you don't have any manners, you won't get heard either. How old were you again?
          The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Comment

There are a lot of interesting ideas in this mod. The ED team can try to take over some of them in future releases. I will test this on my computer as soon as I get the time. I only fly in vr, so this is huge for me. I believe the most important part is the MSAA can be limited to the middle of the screen. This is the first step to forfeated rendering and a very big deal for us.
            My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Comment

can anyone guide as to how to open and edit a HLSL file to increase the MASKSIZE VALUE?
              Last edited 07-10-2018, 12:00 PM.
              sigpic

RYZEN 7 2700X Running at 4.20 GHz
              NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti
              32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz
              Oculus CV1

Comment

Thanks for the mod, always appreciated.
                Unfortunately I'm getting an error during initial bootup of DCS.
                Any good ideas?
                System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.
                Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Comment

Thank you !
                  Modules: HAWK, Curtiss P-40F, WWII Assets Pack
                  Wishlist: OV-10 Bronco, A-29B Supertucano

Comment

I have noticed certain units cause a CTD with (what looks like) a shader error with glass_effects or something like that. I can get a screenshot when I get home from work. So far I noticed the Mirage 2000 and the SA-13 cause this.

HOWEVER, I am running so many mods that this could be on my end. Other than that, this mod has made VR smooth as silk for me....and I've got an old rig. This Mod is sheer genius.

Comment

Why haven't the Eagle Dynamics team done something such as this?
                      It's a good and viable question.
                      (maybe because of too many other side effects, and not for everyone?).

But, would the Eagle Dynamics team push something such as this Shaders Mode out as a "VR Shaders Option" in the Beta version, if we ask nicely?

Thank you very much "Kegety"
                      Looking forward to playing around with your finding myself, whenever I can find the time, super busy with RL this month...
                      Last edited 07-11-2018, 04:20 PM.
                      CPU = Intel i7-6700K
                      Motherboard = ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero Alpha, w/ the Intel Z170 Chipset,
                      RAM = 64 Gigs of Ripjaws V F4-3400C16Q.
                      GPU = Zotac GTX980ti Amp Extreme
                      Hard-drive = Samsung V-NAD SSD 950 PRO M.2
                      Cooling = Corsair H100i V2 water cooler, plus RAM mounted fans.

Corsair Vengeance® C70 Mid-Tower Gaming Case — Military Green
                      OS = Windows 10 64bit
                      Power supply = EVGA 1200P2
                      HTC Vive
                      DigitalEngines's Twitch Channel, Youtube Channel

Comment

Hi, I keep getting this error when joining servers or missions with all aircraft, what can I do to fix it?
                        Attached Files
                        RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Comment

This mod can only be used in single user mode, as it will fail the test for manipulation that Eagle dynamics has built into it.
                          My Rig: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | 64GB DDR4-3200 Ram | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | MFG Crosswind rudder pedals | HP Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by kunterbunt View Post
                            This mod can only be used in single user mode, as it will fail the test for manipulation that Eagle dynamics has built into it.
                            Incorrect, for servers with the integrity check disabled you can still join.
                            RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Comment

Originally posted by kunterbunt View Post
                              Not accurate. It can be used in MP servers with integrity check OFF.
                              Matthew 'Mags' Maclauchlan
                              Oculus CV1, Thrustmaster FCS HOTAS/Pedals

Comment

Oh, thanks did not know that.

Comment

WoW eye of Columbus? I Will Try tonight.
                                  New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns

Comment

outstanding mod!!

ok it works better than expected...you are a genius!!
                                    samsung odyssey user here

Comment

Only one word: amazing. Work like a charm for me and there is a lot of FPS improvement, Rift here. I have the border-glass effect, but I'll edit MASKSIZE.

I tried in Hornet and Viggen at the moment.

Thx for sharing!

Comment

No improvement in performance, but better visuals on my computer. Tested with hand Made mission with f-18 on the gulf map. Better visuals are dir to the MSAA. But, you have to turn it one. Before it was impossible to run MSAA. Now I use x4.
                                        I can clearly see that in the corner of my eye the city and the water is shimmering below, but in the middle of my vision, no shimmering.
                                        In other words. This mod is a must have for any DCS user using VR.

Finally I can enjoy the gulf map is it was supposed to be.
                                        Last edited 07-10-2018, 06:29 PM.

Comment

unfortunately I recieve an error in the startup of DCS.

Saying that unrecognized token in ResolveDepth.fx -> disableAlphaBlend.

Any Ideas?
                                          Thanks
                                          Demon
                                          sigpic
                                          Founder of the -=VDS=-

Comment

Working...
                                          X