Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shaders mod for better VR performance (experimental)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I couldnt find the advice to delete some shaders before launch so that they will be compiled again...
    Has this changed or do i mix something up with another topic?

Comment

you dont need to do that anymore
      SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

Frustum culling + this shader mod has allowed me to play the new Syria map at acceptable framerates, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by speed-of-heat View Post
          you dont need to do that anymore
          I understand that I delete shaders from "Saved games" folder without purpose. They are recreated but even with fast SSD it still takes a lot of time.

Do you mean that it is not necessary since shaders are stored only in the following folders which are not changed during updates?

"%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\fxo"
          "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\metashaders2"

What if something will change?
          DCS will recreate only some shaders which are new?
          Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 | SA342
          Planes: F/A-18C+Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C |
          WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | WWII pack
          GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II
          Maps: Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf
          PC: i7-8700K@5.0GHz no HT, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM, Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB, Z370 Mobo, VR: Valve Index.

Comment

I'm sorry i dont understand what you have written?

I mean that you *do not* need to delete any of:

- terrains folders
            - fxo
            - metashaders 2

it will still take some time as the shaders will still need to recomplile
            SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-9700K @ 5.1 GHz, 32Gb RAM, EVGA 1080ti FTW 11Gb, Dell S2716DG, Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswinds V2, HP Reverb Pro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64, VoiceAttack & VIACOM PRO, TacView, CombatFlite

VR Stuff: My 2.5.6. DCS VR Settings, Shaders MOD for VR, My variant of Kegetys mod with clear water and also IC PASS for current beta & stable

Comment

I was thinking that recompilation can be avoided if I don't delete fxo and metashaders2 for objects which has not changed.
              Anyway, now I understand. Thank you.
              Helis: UH-1H | Mi-8MTV2+NS430 | Ka-50 | SA342
              Planes: F/A-18C+Supercarrier | MiG-21bis | AJS37 | F-5E | AV-8B | M2000C | F-16C | L-39C+NS430 | C-101 | F-86F | MiG-15 | MiG-19 | FC3 | A-10C |
              WWII: P-51D | Bf-109 | Fw-190 D9 | WWII pack
              GA: Yak-52 | Christen Eagle II
              Maps: Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf
              PC: i7-8700K@5.0GHz no HT, RTX 2080 Ti, 32GB RAM, Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB, Z370 Mobo, VR: Valve Index.

Comment

Originally posted by kristod76 View Post
                I understand that I delete shaders from "Saved games" folder without purpose. They are recreated but even with fast SSD it still takes a lot of time.

Do you mean that it is not necessary since shaders are stored only in the following folders which are not changed during updates?

"%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\fxo"
                "%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\metashaders2"

What if something will change?
                DCS will recreate only some shaders which are new?
                He stated you do not need to delete the shader cache any longer. That means exactly that.
                Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Zotac GTX 1080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50CM2/T50 Throttle/warBRD base/TM Hornet | TM Cougar MFD | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | TrackIr 5/HP Reverb | Windows 10 Pro

My wallpaper mods and skins

Comment

Originally posted by laertesson View Post
                  Frustum culling + this shader mod has allowed me to play the new Syria map at acceptable framerates, thank you.
                  Any chance to mod manually, or hack, about some culling parameters like ED did with carrier crew (not rendered now in only one eye)???

Comment

Do you know if the Mode still work on the last openbeta ?

Comment

yes it still does...

but this is easy for you to test for your self and roll back if it doesn't ... or look in the forum slightly higher up

Comment

Originally posted by Gryzor View Post
                        Any chance to mod manually, or hack, about some culling parameters like ED did with carrier crew (not rendered now in only one eye)???
                        Since it’s ED’s feature I hope it undergoes fixing soon. Definitely doesn’t seem like a finished feature but still anything’s worth improved performance.

Comment

Does any of the latest versions work with the newest DCS update?
                          Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Comment

literally 2 posts behind this the question was answered.
                            Intel 8086k o/c 5.4ghz | 32gb GSkill TridentZ DDR4 3200 ram | Asus Z370 Maximus X Formula| Zotac GTX 1080Ti | eVGA 1000w psu | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50CM2/T50 Throttle/warBRD base/TM Hornet | TM Cougar MFD | Dell 34" UHD Curved monitor | TrackIr 5/HP Reverb | Windows 10 Pro

My wallpaper mods and skins

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer1-1 View Post
                              literally 2 posts behind this the question was answered.
                              Thanks. I can't believe I missed that post.

That is embarrassing.
                              Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

Comment

Yes it is compatible with todays release

Comment

Do i have to reapply it after todays patch

Comment

Originally posted by The Highlander View Post
                                    Do i have to reapply it after todays patch
                                    yes you do , the MOD applies to the DCS core directory; every patch may overwrite anything there, so best practice is to install using OVgme/jgsme/modmanfx and reinstall EVERY TIME...

Comment

Thank you for the info ,, best regards

Comment

i read previously that the fxo folders etc do not have to be deleted anymore.
                                        is this true? and if so, why? does the updater do this automatically now?
                                        time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time...

my rig: I7-9700K@4,9 Ghz, 1080ti, 32Gb RAM@3733 Mhz, HP Reverb Pro, TM Cougar with FSSB R2, TM MFD's

Comment

Yes, that's correct, a version of 2.5.6, I forget which, started correcting the issue that used to cause us to delete Fxo and metashaders2

Comment

Working...
                                          X