This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helles Belle View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance Skate, but is this the correct file?

4:12:42 PM: :Application Version: 1.1.0.1029

Latest Version is: 1.1.0.1037

Download the newest version from the 1st page, that will solve your problem.
    Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,
    X470 Taichi Ultimate, 2x R7970 Lightnings Crossfired @ 1.1/6.0GHz,
    3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns·G HZ201HPB + Oculus HMD,
    Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals

Comment

thanks man that was my next step.
      sigpic
      https://hbdcs.tumblr.com/

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: MSI B350 Tomahawk | GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

Comment

Change Log for 10.02.2020.1 / 1.1.0.1038
        -Added A-10C II Assets
        -Added Fw-190A8 Horrido! Assets
        -Adjusted Tool Tips of C1-C5 Home Buttons to Display Custom Name
        -Adjusted Code behavior of Customer Ext. Apps
        -Added "Remove Mods" Prompt and On/Off Option (Defaults to Off).
        -Fixed Typos in UGRA Media Modules
        -Precoding for Condensing Features (ie Making ModelViewer 1 Button, and Detects if it's MV2 or Legacy MV1)
        -Precoding for Localization (Still a Long way off, but getting it ready)
        -Precoding for Unannounced / Prospect Testing Features (Items may or may not be used in future).

Comment

Thanks! [emoji4]

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you SkateZilla!

Comment

I can't get over how flexible and well written this utility is.

Recently, I started using the handy "External Application" and "Application Settings" to Launch External Apps with DCS.

TrackIR was painless. I noticed DCSFlightPanels would launch, but when I would try to load a DCSFlightPanels Profile for a DCS plane, I would get an error:
              "The system cannot find the file specified."
              Code:
               ---   DCSFlightpanels_error_log   ---

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
              The system cannot find the file specified
                 at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
                 at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
                 at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.RestartWithProfile(String bindingsFile)
              SOLUTION:

All I had to do was edit the Environment Variable for my local account and add the Path of the DCSFlightPanels Executable to the PATH. Just like the good old DOS 3.1 days.

Many thanks, again to Skate Zilla

FYI: In the CURRENT BUILD: 10.2.2020 you have a minor typo in Appplications Settings - there is an Extra "P"
              Master of None: | A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Suppercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | >> i5-3570k 32GB - Vega56 - <<

Comment

Originally posted by YSIAD_RIP View Post

Recently, I started using the handy "External Application" and "Application Settings" to Launch External Apps with DCS.

TrackIR was painless. I noticed DCSFlightPanels would launch, but when I would try to load a DCSFlightPanels Profile for a DCS plane, I would get an error:
                "The system cannot find the file specified."
                Code:
                 ---   DCSFlightpanels_error_log   ---

System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception
                The system cannot find the file specified
                   at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
                   at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
                   at DCSFlightpanels.MainWindow.RestartWithProfile(String bindingsFile)
                SOLUTION:

All I had to do was edit the Environment Variable for my local account and add the Path of the DCSFlightPanels Executable to the PATH. Just like the good old DOS 3.1 days.

Many thanks, again to Skate Zilla

FYI: In the CURRENT BUILD: 10.2.2020 you have a minor typo in Appplications Settings - there is an Extra "P"
                Ruined it, was trying to see how long it would go before anyone noticed... lol.

Comment

The DCS Updater GUI Utility earned its place on my TASKBAR, a long time ago.
                  Keep up the great work.
                  Master of None: | A-10C | P-51D | FC3 | F-86F | Ka-50 | SA342 | F-5E | UH-1H | F/A-18C | Suppercarrier | F-14 | Christen Eagle II |F-16C | M-2000C | AJS-37 | AV-8B | MiG-19 | MiG-21 | I-16 | P-47D | C-101 | A-10C II | MiG-15 | L-39 | Spitfire | >> i5-3570k 32GB - Vega56 - <<

Comment

DCS Updater wont work anymore for soime reason - When I tell it to launch in either VR or Non-VR it acts like it's starting but then immediately quits. Any ideas?

I tried deleting the ocnfig files as well as a fresh download of the latest version

Comment

Attached DCS Logs (This has nothing to do w/ my App BTW), Attach /Saved Games/DCS/Logs

Comment

How to get SteamVR to be recognized?

I love the updater! So nice to be able to update without running the sim. I have a PiMax 5K+ and of course DCS uses SteamVR but I don't see a way to access it from your UI?

The location for SteamVR is C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam But I cannot browse to that folder from your UI.

As a software dev myself with over 25 years experience I really appreciate the work you put into the Updater!

Thanks,

Vyper
                        Black Veal Squadron
                        My Rig:
                        Asus Code / i7700K / 5GHZ /32GB DDR4 3200 / RTX 2080 / Samsung SSDs - 970 EVO Plus 1TB, 850 Pro 500GB, 840 512GB
                        Seagate SATAIII HDD 2TB

My Peripherals:
                        Thrustmaster
                        Warthog Joystick and Throttle
                        Cougar MFDs * 4

TrackIR 5 PRO
                        Logitech G933 Headset
                        CTS-Configurator for TARGET script
                        https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/3043393/
                        SRS
                        VIACOM PRO

Comment

Originally posted by mmcintosh View Post
                          I love the updater! So nice to be able to update without running the sim. I have a PiMax 5K+ and of course DCS uses SteamVR but I don't see a way to access it from your UI?

The location for SteamVR is C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Steam But I cannot browse to that folder from your UI.

As a software dev myself with over 25 years experience I really appreciate the work you put into the Updater!

Thanks,

Vyper
                          Black Veal Squadron
                          SteamVR should be auto detected if installed.

\Program Files\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64\vrmonitor.exe

There's a SteamVR Button on the Home Screen under external apps and you can set steamvr as default in the application settings menu under default vr API
                          Last edited 10-15-2020, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Speaking of Steam VR API, I sent you a PM which you can ignore as I started using the updater and finally FINALLY got Oculus to stop loading with DCS! I'd still like to know what switches you throw to default it to the Steam VR API but so long as Oculus does not run unless I tell it to I am happy!

Thanks for this SkateZilla!

Daddio007

Comment

Originally posted by daddio007 View Post
                              Speaking of Steam VR API, I sent you a PM which you can ignore as I started using the updater and finally FINALLY got Oculus to stop loading with DCS! I'd still like to know what switches you throw to default it to the Steam VR API but so long as Oculus does not run unless I tell it to I am happy!

Thanks for this SkateZilla!

Daddio007
                              I havent ignored any PM's I've been traveling for work.

Code:
                              --force_enable_VR
                              --force_enable_VR --force_steam_VR
                              --force_disable_VR

Comment

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to host DCS on a Win Server 2016 cloud based platform. The browser is Internet Explorer. The updater utility appears to be properly configured, is connected to the Internet and DCS Update servers, but all I get is a blank screen when I launch the local Web GUI. Any thoughts? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by healerf18 View Post
                                  Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm trying to host DCS on a Win Server 2016 cloud based platform. The browser is Internet Explorer. The updater utility appears to be properly configured, is connected to the Internet and DCS Update servers, but all I get is a blank screen when I launch the local Web GUI. Any thoughts? Thank you!
                                  Not related to my App,

But when you launch DCS in DED. Serv Mode it takes time to launch and load, then launch the web GUI.

Personal Preference, Avoid I.E at all Costs.

Comment

Haha, yep, unfortunately Win Server 2016 blocks Chrome and Edge. Go figure. Can be worked around, but takes time.

I've given it ++ time, but no joy. DCS DED definitely launches normally, but the web GUI won't load. I have a friend who launches DED on his web server, but then links to it from his desktop web GUI. He'll walk me through it and I'll let you know.

Comment

I have the 2.5.6 stable version installed (with virtually all mods and maps) and want to install the 2.5.6 OpenBeta to access a certain server. Can the GUI Updater help me to install a minimal OpenBeta build (just default mods and maps)? If not, how to avoid getting the whole thing downloaded once more in an OpenBeta path?

Comment

Originally posted by Bear21 View Post
                                        I have the 2.5.6 stable version installed (with virtually all mods and maps) and want to install the 2.5.6 OpenBeta to access a certain server. Can the GUI Updater help me to install a minimal OpenBeta build (just default mods and maps)? If not, how to avoid getting the whole thing downloaded once more in an OpenBeta path?
                                        Both Stable and OB Run the Same Version of DCS right now.

Comment

Thanks you for your work!
                                          But program run in my desktop aways show vertical and horizontal scroll bars

Desktop resolution in 1080p or 2K
                                          DPI is 100%

scroll bars

Comment

Working...
                                          X