This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Rudel- View Post
    I've chatted with the EDM plugin program lead.

He has a working build on his side and says he'll talk to his guys to push a new build soon.

No date yet.
    Hi -Rudel-, 1 bug is out and now 1 bug is in... have you noticed that adding a new argument and animate it will crash immediately 3DS 2020 during saving?

This is always reproducible (tested with another PC and member) with the steps here:
    -Open 3ds and setup a new scene (-100/100 timeframe)
    -Create a box
    -Assign a new Argbased argument (visibility track, position or rotation same behaviour)
    -Set Active and animate with autokey.
    -Save the file and 3DS will present an error and will stop.
    If not saved manually, 3DS will CTD when autosave function start saving the scene in background.
    Video of behaviour is provided
    Attached Files

ACER Predator Orion 9000: Windows 10 Home | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport@2666Mhz | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB
    ACER Predator XB281HK: 28" TN G-SYNC 4K@60hz
    ThrustMaster Warthog Hotas, TPR, MFD Cougar Pack, HP Reverb Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Automan View Post
      Hi -Rudel-, 1 bug is out and now 1 bug is in... have you noticed that adding a new argument and animate it will crash immediately 3DS 2020 during saving?

This is always reproducible (tested with another PC and member) with the steps here:
      -Open 3ds and setup a new scene (-100/100 timeframe)
      -Create a box
      -Assign a new Argbased argument (visibility track, position or rotation same behaviour)
      -Set Active and animate with autokey.
      -Save the file and 3DS will present an error and will stop.
      If not saved manually, 3DS will CTD when autosave function start saving the scene in background.
      Video of behaviour is provided
      Try converting Pos, Rot, Scale all to Arg Based.

Also Convert box to Editable Poly (or Editable Mesh) first.
      Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,
      X470 Taichi Ultimate, 2x R7970 Lightnings Crossfired @ 1.1/6.0GHz,
      3x ASUS VS248HP + Hanns·G HZ201HPB + Oculus HMD,
      Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs, CH Fighterstick+Pro Throttle+Pro Pedals

Comment

Originally posted by SkateZilla View Post
        Try converting Pos, Rot, Scale all to Arg Based.

Also Convert box to Editable Poly (or Editable Mesh) first.
        No Skate, this behaviour is always the same regardless object type: the primitive cube is only to simplify the actions of the video.
        I’ve contacted DGbambo that confirmed the bug and they are working on a fix.
        Another bug found is that if I choose Make Default for an argbased anim in the panel, at the next startup 3ds crash instantly: the only way to start again was to manually remove the plugin files from 3ds plugin folder, restore the Make default to another anim type, reinstall the plugin.

ACER Predator Orion 9000: Windows 10 Home | Intel i9-7900X OC@4.5Ghz | 8x16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport@2666Mhz | Sapphire GTX1080TI | Intel 600P 256GB | HP EX950 1TB | Seagate Firecuda 2TB

Comment

How i can move a exist dcs model bouding box? How i understand there is no any EDM import tool.?
          Last edited 10-06-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

With the lastest plugin of this evening (version 176791) all the crashes in 3dsmax2020 are fixed. Thanks Evgeny

Comment

Working...
            X