No announcement yet.

Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the beez neez man. Great job and thanks!

With the dynamic mission brief would it be possible to list the frequencies as channels as well as the MHz for aircraft that only have channel selectors?

For example, I jump into a F-86 on a server and it tells me that AWACS is on 236.00 but as the pilot in somebody else's mission I have no idea what channel 236.00 is.

Comment

Originally posted by johnv2pt0 View Post
      With the dynamic mission brief would it be possible to list the frequencies as channels as well as the MHz for aircraft that only have channel selectors?

For example, I jump into a F-86 on a server and it tells me that AWACS is on 236.00 but as the pilot in somebody else's mission I have no idea what channel 236.00 is.

The preset radio frequencies should be listed on the first radio page if you are flying an aircraft with preset radios. It lists the preset channel, frequency and unit or group the frequency is assigned to.

The issue with my list is it only displays one unit or group per frequency; if two flights share a frequency only one flight will show up assigned to that preset channel.

For instance on the image below: The AWACS (Overload) shares 253 AM with Krymsk Tower and only Krymsk Tower is shown next to radio preset channel #9.

I could list each flight or group assigned to each preset, but I was concerned about adding another one or two pages to a kneeboard that is already a pain to flip through one at a time.

The simplest fix is for mission designers to assign unique frequencies to each flight or group and make sure the important ones are assigned a preset channel.

Comment

Version 1.6.3.0 Released

Version 1.6.3.0 is now available.

VERSION 1.6.3.0

-Ghostscript installation no longer required to to import .PDF files

You may safely uninstall Ghostscript from your system if you wish. PDF import is handled internally now.

Comment

Thank You for making this!

Comment

Hi AlaskanGrizzly

I never used KBB and just installed it for the first time.

When starting it, I get a pop-up twice. See the attached screenshot.
            I have configured the paths and it seems to work great otherwise.
            Any ideas?
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Poneybirds View Post
              When starting it, I get a pop-up twice. See the attached screenshot.
              I have configured the paths and it seems to work great otherwise.
              Any ideas?
              I found the problem. A fix is inbound.

Thanks for reporting it.
              Last edited 01-30-2015, 11:45 PM. Reason: Problem found

Comment

Version 1.6.3.1 Released

Version 1.6.3.1 is now available.

VERSION 1.6.3.1

-fixed file not found error message on startup
                -various code optimizations

Comment

Thanks for this AG. Really well thought out and very cool. Does this replace any kneeboard folder in Saved games or just add to it? For instance I have Uboats kneeboard folder in saved games currently. Should I delete this or leave it to be added too?
                  Last edited 01-31-2015, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 9./JG52 Ziegler View Post
                    Thanks for this AG. Really well thought out and very cool. Does this replace any kneeboard folder in Saved games or just add to it? For instance I have Uboats kneeboard folder in saved games currently. Should I delete this or leave it to be added too?
                    My program will end up erasing anything currently in your 'Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard' folder.

Anytime you create a custom kneeboard using Kneeboard Builder it will clear anything already in that kneeboard. For instance if you create a custom kneeboard for A-10C, it will clear everything in 'Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard/A-10C'. If you create a custom kneeboard for the general kneeboard it will clear any files not in a subfolder in 'Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard'.

If you want to use some of the kneeboard files from Uboats' kneeboard folder with my program you should add the files you want to a Group within Kneeboard Builder. Then you can add and remove those files from your custom kneeboards at will. Let me know if you need further clarification or instructions on how to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                      If you want to use some of the kneeboard files from Uboats' kneeboard folder with my program you should add the files you want to a Group within Kneeboard Builder. Then you can add and remove those files from your custom kneeboards at will. Let me know if you need further clarification or instructions on how to do that.
                      Sorry for asking...I'm interested in detailed info to achieve that.

Thanks a lot for your great tool AlaskanGrizzly...I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespa View Post
                        Sorry for asking...I'm interested in detailed info to achieve that.
                        No problem. Here you go:

IMPORTING IMAGES INTO A KNEEBOARD GROUP

1) Open Kneeboard Builder

2) Click on the 'Create Custom Kneeboard' tab

3) Select the aircraft you would like your new group to be in. For this example I will use the 'General DCS World Kneeboard' and import Uboats' Airfield Info images.

4) Click on the 'New' button at the lower left.

5) Enter a group name (like 'Uboats Airfield Info') and click 'Create'.

6) Select the new group you just created and click on the 'Modify' button.

7) In the modify screen, click on 'Import Images' on the lower left.

8.) Navigate to the images you want to import to this group, select them and click 'Open'. (You can select multiple images at once)

9) The images will be imported into the group. Repeat if you wish to add more images and click 'Save' when you are done.

10) Repeat these steps for the remaining images you want to import from Uboats' mod.

Comment

Thanks a lot...rally appreciated

Comment

Nice AG, thanks for that. Since the images that were in my kneeboard were already png's I just copied and pasted those I wanted to keep into the new folder. The key is to remove (or copy) the folder first before creating the new group.

Comment

Originally posted by 9./JG52 Ziegler View Post
                              Nice AG, thanks for that. Since the images that were in my kneeboard were already png's I just copied and pasted those I wanted to keep into the new folder. The key is to remove (or copy) the folder first before creating the new group.
                              That will work to!

Comment

AlaskanGrizzly
                                I was informed on another forum post that a person can use your mod to modify the kneeboard docs in the unique kneeboard that came with the Mig-21. Could you please provide a simple explanation of how to add, subtract, etc docs in the Mig 21 kneeboard content folder. I assume that you have to continue using the unique keyboard shortcuts to use the kneeboard in the Mig 21. Correct? Will your program resize and relocate the Mig 21 kneeboard?
                                Thanks

After posting the above, I began to read through this tread and noticed references to the Mig 21, but I am still unsure of the procedure.
                                Last edited 02-06-2015, 05:23 PM. Reason: last paragraph
                                Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel(R) Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Comment

Originally posted by sobe View Post
                                  Could you please provide a simple explanation of how to add, subtract, etc docs in the Mig 21 kneeboard content folder.
                                  Check out this short overview and tutorial that Bunyap has put together on youtube:

The only difference for the Mig-21 is after you select the Mig-21 in the 'Select Aircraft ' drop down box you will see another drop down box appear in the upper right corner that will allow you to select the Default Mig-21 kneeboard or the Custom Mig-21 kneeboard. You can add and remove image groups to both kneeboards following the directions in the video.

The 'default' group listed under the Mig-21 contains the default images for the default kneeboard. If you wish to modify the images in that default group you will need to first make a copy of the default group by selecting the default group then clicking the 'copy' button on the lower left. Enter a group name for the copy and click 'Save'.

If you want to view what is already on the kneeboards, click on View -> Kneeboard Folders -> Mig-21Bis Kneeboard then either Default Kneeboard or Custom Kneeboard.

I assume that you have to continue using the unique keyboard shortcuts to use the kneeboard in the Mig 21. Correct?
                                  Yes, functionality within the sim remains the same.

Will your program resize and relocate the Mig 21 kneeboard?
                                  Yes. Go to Options -> Kneeboard Settings -> Size and Position. The size and position settings are global, so it will affect kneeboards for all aircraft.

Feel free to let me know if you you need further clarification.
                                  Last edited 02-06-2015, 05:50 PM.

Comment

How can one implement the kneeboard builder in the DCS open beta?
                                    Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Lino_Germany View Post
                                      How can one implement the kneeboard builder in the DCS open beta?
                                      I have actually never tried it with the open beta. If I coded everything right you should be able to point the 'DCS World Install Directory' in 'Options -> Preferences' to your open beta directory.

Make sure you point the 'Saved Games Directory' to your open beta saved games directory as well.

Please let me know if that works.
                                      Last edited 02-09-2015, 10:46 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately, the adaption of the file path does not have any effect concerning the open beta.
                                        Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Comment

I'll take a look. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X