Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks mate! Works fine!

Do you think it could be possible to create a datacard with all infos from mission like loadout and airbase data, expected air defenses and so on?
    sigpic
    Easy Monitor Configurator
    My A-10C Cockpit

Comment

I use square kneeboard (size 1200x1200) and I want to have all pictures as big they can be. I just maded groups from Mapple Flags TAC missions and I did for them white space remove with Irfanview but after that I checked that ghostscript could do that too.
      Can you add posibility to crop white space out of png's which are made from pdf with ghostscript. I checked that ghostscript has that option. I'm not sure which is best for it but it could be some of these..

-dPDFFitPage
      Rather than selecting a PageSize given by the PDF MediaBox, BleedBox (see -dUseBleedBox), TrimBox (see -dUseTrimBox), ArtBox (see -dUseArtBox), or CropBox (see -dUseCropBox), the PDF file will be scaled to fit the current device page size (usually the default page size). This is useful for creating fixed size images of PDF files that may have a variety of page sizes, for example thumbnail images. This option is also set by the -dFitPage option.

-dUseBleedBox
      -dUseTrimBox
      -dUseArtBox
      Spoiler:
      sigpic
      HP Z420 | Xeon E5-1650 @3.20GHz/3.70Ghz | 16Gb DDR3-1333 | ZOTAC GTX 980 Ti AMP! | Micron RealSSD C400 256Gb | Sound Blaster Z | TrackIR4 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog| CH Pro pedals | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Comment

Originally posted by icemaker View Post
        Do you think it could be possible to create a datacard with all infos from mission like loadout and airbase data, expected air defenses and so on?
        That is certainly possible. It will take some time to figure out, but I will take a look.

Originally posted by Iku64 View Post
        Can you add posibility to crop white space out of png's which are made from pdf with ghostscript. I checked that ghostscript has that option. I'm not sure which is best for it but it could be some of these..

-dPDFFitPage
        Rather than selecting a PageSize given by the PDF MediaBox, BleedBox (see -dUseBleedBox), TrimBox (see -dUseTrimBox), ArtBox (see -dUseArtBox), or CropBox (see -dUseCropBox), the PDF file will be scaled to fit the current device page size (usually the default page size). This is useful for creating fixed size images of PDF files that may have a variety of page sizes, for example thumbnail images. This option is also set by the -dFitPage option.

-dUseBleedBox
        -dUseTrimBox
        -dUseArtBox
        I'll take a look at it and see if I can include that feature.

Comment

Is it possible to place the manually unpacked files of the Ghostscript installer into the root of the Kneeboard Builder so we can use the KB without actually installing GS?

The GS installer (like so many) can simply be unpacked with 7-Zip so that won't be problem.
          i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)
          MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Comment

Very nice work! Very useful! Thanks for the work!

I love the dynamic pages, but seem not to work (no tasks/weather), radios and beacons works. My DCS is in french, perhaps that it is the reason, have you some tips to give me to debug it?

Two questions:

- Is it possible to have a menu for fast access? (I think no, but well.. )
            - Is it possible to change the kneeboard dynamically during mission? (I have some ideas with LotAtc around that)

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by JayPee View Post
              Is it possible to place the manually unpacked files of the Ghostscript installer into the root of the Kneeboard Builder so we can use the KB without actually installing GS?

The GS installer (like so many) can simply be unpacked with 7-Zip so that won't be problem.

Sorry for the late reply. I will try to add that functionality when I finish some other projects I am working on.

Comment

Originally posted by DArt View Post
                - Is it possible to have a menu for fast access? (I think no, but well.. )
                - Is it possible to change the kneeboard dynamically during mission? (I have some ideas with LotAtc around that)
                Unfortunately no for both. The kneeboard appears to be loaded into C++ code right when you first enter the cockpit of an aircraft and cannot be modified via lua while you are playing that aircraft.

Originally posted by DArt View Post
                I love the dynamic pages, but seem not to work (no tasks/weather), radios and beacons works. My DCS is in french, perhaps that it is the reason, have you some tips to give me to debug it?
                Is the data not populating the mission kneeboards (tasks / weather) or are they appearing as a black battery image?

You can also look in Saved Games/DCS/Logs/DCS.log after you mission and see if there are any errors being thrown from the dynamic kneeboards.

Comment

Hi,

I try to launch this app but nothing happens. I have the latest version.

Win 8.1

Comment

Originally posted by duko View Post
                    I try to launch this app but nothing happens. I have the latest version.
                    Two things to try:

1) Don't run as an administrator

2) It might be hanging when trying to auto update. To disable auto update try opening the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config' file with a text or xml editor and add these lines inside the configuration section right above the startup section:

<appSettings>
                    <add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />
                    </appSettings>

Comment

sadly it did not worked

Comment

duko,

Right after you trying running Kneeboard Builder, could you look at your windows application event logs and post any error events that might be appearing for Kneeboard Builder.

To view the event logs:
                        right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

Comment

Application Error :

Log Name: Application
                          Source: Application Error
                          Date: 1/10/2015 6:48:23 PM
                          Event ID: 1000
                          Task Category: (100)
                          Level: Error
                          Keywords: Classic
                          User: N/A
                          Computer: home-PC
                          Description:
                          Faulting application name: KneeboardBuilder.exe, version: 1.6.2.3, time stamp: 0x54719578
                          Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.17278, time stamp: 0x53eebf2e
                          Exception code: 0xe0434352
                          Fault offset: 0x000000000000606c
                          Faulting process ID: 0x848
                          Faulting application start time: 0x01d02cf53e76be16
                          Faulting application path: D:\Util\KneeboardBuilder\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                          Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                          Report ID: 7cfe84d1-98e8-11e4-83d6-f46d04cfc1b3
                          Faulting package full name:
                          Faulting package-relative application ID:
                          Event Xml:
                          <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                          <System>
                          <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                          <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                          <Level>2</Level>
                          <Task>100</Task>
                          <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                          <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-10T16:48:23.000000000Z" />
                          <EventRecordID>57642</EventRecordID>
                          <Channel>Application</Channel>
                          <Computer>home-PC</Computer>
                          <Security />
                          </System>
                          <EventData>
                          <Data>KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                          <Data>1.6.2.3</Data>
                          <Data>54719578</Data>
                          <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
                          <Data>6.3.9600.17278</Data>
                          <Data>53eebf2e</Data>
                          <Data>e0434352</Data>
                          <Data>000000000000606c</Data>
                          <Data>848</Data>
                          <Data>01d02cf53e76be16</Data>
                          <Data>D:\Util\KneeboardBuilder\KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                          <Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
                          <Data>7cfe84d1-98e8-11e4-83d6-f46d04cfc1b3</Data>
                          <Data>
                          </Data>
                          <Data>
                          </Data>
                          </EventData>
                          </Event>

Windows error reporting :

Source: Windows Error Reporting
                          Date: 1/10/2015 6:48:25 PM
                          Event ID: 1001
                          Task Category: None
                          Level: Information
                          Description:
                          Fault bucket 94644024634, type 5
                          Event Name: CLR20r3
                          Response: Not available
                          Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
                          P1: KneeboardBuilder.exe
                          P2: 1.6.2.3
                          P3: 54719578
                          P4: mscorlib
                          P5: 4.0.30319.34014
                          P6: 52e0b676
                          P7: 451b
                          P8: 9a
                          P9: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
                          P10:

Attached files:
                          C:\Users\Cristian.home-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER31E8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
                          C:\Users\Cristian.home-PC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_KneeboardBuilder_a72b3dc7298bd966c19355267b8e38b0eb4e92_50742827_185737f3

Analysis symbol:
                          Rechecking for solution: 0
                          Report ID: 7cfe84d1-98e8-11e4-83d6-f46d04cfc1b3
                          Report Status: 0
                          Hashed bucket: 82d230d4f6a6ada99efea6138e8511e0
                          Event Xml:
                          <System>
                          <Provider Name="Windows Error Reporting" />
                          <EventID Qualifiers="0">1001</EventID>
                          <Level>4</Level>
                          <Task>0</Task>
                          <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-10T16:48:25.000000000Z" />
                          <EventRecordID>57643</EventRecordID>
                          <Security />
                          </System>
                          <EventData>
                          <Data>94644024634</Data>
                          <Data>5</Data>
                          <Data>CLR20r3</Data>
                          <Data>Not available</Data>
                          <Data>0</Data>
                          <Data>KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                          <Data>1.6.2.3</Data>
                          <Data>54719578</Data>
                          <Data>mscorlib</Data>
                          <Data>4.0.30319.34014</Data>
                          <Data>52e0b676</Data>
                          <Data>451b</Data>
                          <Data>9a</Data>
                          <Data>System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse</Data>
                          <Data>
                          </Data>
                          <Data>
                          C:\Users\Cristian.home-PC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER31E8.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml</Data>
                          <Data>C:\Users\Cristian.home-PC\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_KneeboardBuilder_a72b3dc7298bd966c19355267b8e38b0eb4e92_50742827_185737f3</Data>
                          <Data>
                          </Data>
                          <Data>0</Data>
                          <Data>7cfe84d1-98e8-11e4-83d6-f46d04cfc1b3</Data>
                          <Data>0</Data>
                          <Data>82d230d4f6a6ada99efea6138e8511e0</Data>
                          </EventData>
                          </Event>

Comment

.NET Runtime :

Source: .NET Runtime
                            Date: 1/10/2015 6:23:28 PM
                            Event ID: 1026
                            Task Category: None
                            Level: Error
                            Description:
                            Application: KneeboardBuilder.exe
                            Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                            Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                            Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
                            Stack:
                            at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
                            at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
                            at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
                            at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
                            at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
                            at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                            at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
                            at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
                            at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                            at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                            at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
                            at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
                            at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
                            at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
                            at System.Windows.Application.Run()
                            at KneeboardBuilder.App.Main()

Event Xml:
                            <System>
                            <Provider Name=".NET Runtime" />
                            <EventID Qualifiers="0">1026</EventID>
                            <Level>2</Level>
                            <Task>0</Task>
                            <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-01-10T16:23:28.000000000Z" />
                            <EventRecordID>57638</EventRecordID>
                            <Security />
                            </System>
                            <EventData>
                            <Data>Application: KneeboardBuilder.exe
                            Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                            Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                            Exception Info: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException
                            Stack:
                            at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
                            at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
                            at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
                            at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
                            at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
                            at System.Windows.Application.&lt;.ctor&gt;b__1(System.Object)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                            at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
                            at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
                            at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                            at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
                            at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
                            at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
                            at System.Windows.Application.Run()
                            at KneeboardBuilder.App.Main()
                            </Data>
                            </EventData>
                            </Event>

Comment

Thanks duko,

Two more things to try:

1) If there is a 'settings.xml' file in the KneeboardBuilder folder, delete that file as well as the KneeboardBuilder.exe.config and try the program again.

or

2) You may have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.
                              Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
                              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Sorry this is taking so long to figure out for you.

Comment

Thanks for the help mate.

Still it does not working, i have only KneeboardBuilder.exe.config in folder, with system checker i found some corrupt system files. I guess i will do a clean win install when i have the time.

Comment

Works fine on Windows 10 TP

Comment

Originally posted by duko View Post
                                    Works fine on Windows 10 TP
                                    That is good to hear.

Comment

AG,

After introducing this to a friend last night, I came up with a suggestion regarding Kneeboard placement and colors.

Since these parameters are currently dictated in the DCS World lua files (and not in Saved Games\DCS files), they get overwritten during every patch. I would love to have the software add a separate default file to the Kneeboard Builder folder so that these preferences are saved. This way, after a patch it's merely a matter of going back to the Options menu and saving the preferred position and color scheme.

Thanks again for a great program.
                                      -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                                      My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
                                      F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Version 1.6.2.4 Released

Version 1.6.2.4 is now available.

VERSION 1.6.2.4 CHANGELOG:

-custom kneeboard position and color schemes now automatically retained during DCS Update or Repair

NOTE:

After updating to version 1.6.2.4, re-save your existing position and color settings to implement the new save feature. (It will add a 'Config' folder to the KneeboardBuilder folder if it is working correctly)

After a DCS update or repair, run Kneeboard Builder once and it should automatically update the position and colors in DCS.
                                        Last edited 01-30-2015, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Dang! That was quick!
                                          -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                                          My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
                                          F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Working...
                                          X