Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    works like a charm grizz. Thanks.

    Now ... to test it in the cockpit.

    p.s Ok first test shows the positioning of the Kneeboard on the screen is not working. I moved it from the default left to the right side - the result in cockpit showed the kneeboard in the centre left of the screen. So it did move, just not the right position. The screen size was reported correctly in the program me. If I may ask, which file is modified to change position? I can then use the program me and go and check what changes are actually being made.
    Last edited 09-14-2014, 08:25 PM.

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by eyusuf View Post
      p.s Ok first test shows the positioning of the Kneeboard on the screen is not working. I moved it from the default left to the right side - the result in cockpit showed the kneeboard in the centre left of the screen. So it did move, just not the right position. The screen size was reported correctly in the program me. If I may ask, which file is modified to change position? I can then use the program me and go and check what changes are actually being made.
      Thanks for catching that. It was a math conversion typo in the program. It is fixed and will be released with the next update soon.

      FYI it modifies the 'ViewportHandling.lua' located here:

      "....\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua"

      Also, are you still unable to drag and drop with the most recent update?

      Comment


        #63
        Version 1.4.2.0 Released

        Version 1.4.2.0 is now available.

        Version 1.4.2.0 Changelog:
        -fixed issue of custom kneeboard position not being set correctly when viewed in DCS
        -modified default size and position of kneeboard preview to match the DCS defaults

        Comment


          #64
          Thank you kindly sir.
          I cannot wait to try this out to include a Checklist for Ka-50 Startup (because I don't have any Ink for my Printer to create Hard Copies).

          Thanks to AlaskanGrizzly for turning me on to this.
          SnowTiger

          Comment


            #65
            I also don't have any ink ... because the bankers stole all the factors of production by printing money.

            Be that as it may ... updating (and patching to version 1.4.2.0 breaks the program me successfully. Reverting to 1.4.1.0 still appears to work if I manually import pdf's.

            Thanks again Grizzly.
            Last edited 09-15-2014, 01:23 PM.

            Comment


              #66
              Something I noticed at the weekend is when I accidently toggled cockpit off in the A10c the right MFCD is displayed exactly where I have my kneeboard when I activate kneeboard it pops up infront of the MFCD, just curious as to how on earth that happened does the right MFCD share something with the kneeboard.
              Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.
              Spoiler:

              System Spec.
              Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
              Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A
              CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
              RAM: 32gb
              GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
              Cooling: Predator 360
              Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
              Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

              Comment


                #67
                Hey,

                just downloaded the file and GS64 but kneeboard wont run, no error presented but this from Windows Event Log:

                Protokollname: Application
                Quelle: Application Error
                Datum: 15.09.2014 19:06:15
                Ereignis-ID: 1000
                Aufgabenkategorie100)
                Ebene: Fehler
                Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
                Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
                Computer: Mac7
                Beschreibung:
                Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: KneeboardBuilder.exe, Version: 1.4.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x54163896
                Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.18409, Zeitstempel: 0x5315a05a
                Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
                Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000940d
                ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xd34
                Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cfd1075b4736b7
                Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Lars\Desktop\Neuer Ordner (2)\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                Berichtskennung: 99cec031-3cfa-11e4-8faf-a8206600046b
                Ereignis-XML:
                <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                <System>
                <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                <Level>2</Level>
                <Task>100</Task>
                <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                <TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-09-15T17:06:15.000000000Z" />
                <EventRecordID>8665</EventRecordID>
                <Channel>Application</Channel>
                <Computer>Mac7</Computer>
                <Security />
                </System>
                <EventData>
                <Data>KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                <Data>1.4.2.0</Data>
                <Data>54163896</Data>
                <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
                <Data>6.1.7601.18409</Data>
                <Data>5315a05a</Data>
                <Data>e0434352</Data>
                <Data>000000000000940d</Data>
                <Data>d34</Data>
                <Data>01cfd1075b4736b7</Data>
                <Data>C:\Users\Lars\Desktop\Neuer Ordner (2)\KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                <Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
                <Data>99cec031-3cfa-11e4-8faf-a8206600046b</Data>
                </EventData>
                </Event>



                Any ideas ?


                Bit
                Asus Strix Z370-E - Intel i7-8700K@5G_delidded - 32GB - Asus 1080GTX-Ti Poseidon retrofitted EK-waterblock - 1x 960Evo 250GB - 3x Samsung 850/860Pro 256GB Raid-0 - 32GB PageFile - 2x Seagate 2TB - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@4x180mm fans - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" WQHD Gsync 144Hz - Oculus Rift VR - Win10Pro64 - Slave to the Machine

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by BitMaster View Post
                  Hey,

                  just downloaded the file and GS64 but kneeboard wont run, no error presented but this from Windows Event Log:

                  Protokollname: Application
                  Quelle: Application Error
                  Datum: 15.09.2014 19:06:15
                  Ereignis-ID: 1000
                  Aufgabenkategorie100)
                  Ebene: Fehler
                  Schlüsselwörter:Klassisch
                  Benutzer: Nicht zutreffend
                  Computer: Mac7
                  Beschreibung:
                  Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: KneeboardBuilder.exe, Version: 1.4.2.0, Zeitstempel: 0x54163896
                  Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: KERNELBASE.dll, Version: 6.1.7601.18409, Zeitstempel: 0x5315a05a
                  Ausnahmecode: 0xe0434352
                  Fehleroffset: 0x000000000000940d
                  ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0xd34
                  Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01cfd1075b4736b7
                  Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Users\Lars\Desktop\Neuer Ordner (2)\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                  Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                  Berichtskennung: 99cec031-3cfa-11e4-8faf-a8206600046b

                  Any ideas ?

                  Bit
                  Disregard the suggestions I gave you earlier.

                  Apparently there is a bug where the program settings sometimes become corrupted after the program is updated. I am working on a fix.

                  For now, if the program does not want to start right after an update, delete the 'settings.xml' and 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and try starting it again. You will then need to verify your directory settings in Options -> Preferences.

                  Sorry for steering you down the wrong path earlier.
                  Last edited 09-16-2014, 07:55 AM. Reason: Provided incorrect solution

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by jay43 View Post
                    Something I noticed at the weekend is when I accidently toggled cockpit off in the A10c the right MFCD is displayed exactly where I have my kneeboard when I activate kneeboard it pops up infront of the MFCD, just curious as to how on earth that happened does the right MFCD share something with the kneeboard.
                    It modifies the 'ViewportHandling.lua' located here:

                    "....\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua"

                    I suppose the right MFCD could possible use the same viewport settings. I don't know of a way to prevent that from happening . . .

                    Comment


                      #70
                      Originally posted by eyusuf View Post
                      I also don't have any ink ... because the bankers stole all the factors of production by printing money.

                      Be that as it may ... updating (and patching to version 1.4.2.0 breaks the program me successfully. Reverting to 1.4.1.0 still appears to work if I manually import pdf's.

                      Thanks again Grizzly.
                      You may have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.

                      Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
                      http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                        It modifies the 'ViewportHandling.lua' located here:

                        "....\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit\ViewportHandling.lua"

                        I suppose the right MFCD could possible use the same viewport settings. I don't know of a way to prevent that from happening . . .
                        It doesn't bother me i never run in cockpit off it was just an accident thought i would let you know that it was there.
                        But its got me thinking in a new direction towards exporting the MFCDS from the cockpit.
                        Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.
                        Spoiler:

                        System Spec.
                        Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
                        Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A
                        CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
                        RAM: 32gb
                        GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
                        Cooling: Predator 360
                        Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
                        Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Hi,

                          I also have trouble running this application. The problem reported in the windows event log is (windows 8.1, 64 bit, .net 4.5 installed):

                          Application: KneeboardBuilder.exe
                          Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                          Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                          Exception Info: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException
                          Stack:
                          at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(System.Xaml.XamlReader, System.Xaml.IXamlObjectWriterFactory, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.XamlObjectWriterSettings, System.Uri)
                          at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(System.Xaml.XamlReader, Boolean, System.Object, System.Xaml.Permissions.XamlAccessLevel, System.Uri)
                          at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext, System.Object, Boolean)
                          at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(System.IO.Stream, System.Windows.Markup.ParserContext)
                          at System.Windows.Application.LoadComponent(System.Uri, Boolean)
                          at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
                          at System.Windows.Application.<.ctor>b__1(System.Object)
                          at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                          at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
                          at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
                          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
                          at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
                          at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
                          at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
                          at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
                          at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr, Boolean ByRef)
                          at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(System.Object)
                          at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                          at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(System.Object, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32, System.Delegate)
                          at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherPriority, System.TimeSpan, System.Delegate, System.Object, Int32)
                          at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
                          at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
                          at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(System.Windows.Interop.MSG ByRef)
                          at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherFrame)
                          at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(System.Windows.Window)
                          at System.Windows.Application.Run()
                          at KneeboardBuilder.App.Main()

                          Does somebody perhaps have a clue why it is failing?

                          Some more info: I unzipped again and this time did not choose to install the update (so I'm at version 1.4.1.0 now) and now it does work.

                          Thanks, Marcel
                          Last edited 09-15-2014, 10:03 PM.

                          Comment


                            #73
                            I have no idea why yours is not working mine is working fine apart from what i noticed in post above.
                            Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.
                            Spoiler:

                            System Spec.
                            Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
                            Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A
                            CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
                            RAM: 32gb
                            GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
                            Cooling: Predator 360
                            Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
                            Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                              You may have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.

                              Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
                              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

                              C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

                              Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

                              Beginning verification phase of system scan.

                              Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.


                              Verification 100% complete. Between the last version and this one something went broke ....

                              I remember running this before, but it finds nothing, even though something clearly isn't working ...

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by huppel View Post
                                Hi,

                                I also have trouble running this application. The problem reported in the windows event log is (windows 8.1, 64 bit, .net 4.5 installed):

                                Does somebody perhaps have a clue why it is failing?

                                Some more info: I unzipped again and this time did not choose to install the update (so I'm at version 1.4.1.0 now) and now it does work.

                                Thanks, Marcel
                                The program will not start immediately after the update, is that correct? If the program does not want to start right after an update, delete the 'settings.xml' and 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and try starting it again. You will then need to verify your directory settings in Options -> Preferences.

                                For some reason, sometimes it doesn't like to use the current user settings after an update. Let me know if that was the problem.


                                eyusuf: This might fix your problem as well after the latest update.
                                Last edited 09-16-2014, 06:13 AM.

                                Comment


                                  #76
                                  Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                                  The program will not start immediately after the update, is that correct? If the program does not want to start right after an update, delete the 'settings.xml' and 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.config' files and try starting it again. You will then need to verify your directory settings in Options -> Preferences.

                                  For some reason, sometimes it doesn't like to use the current user settings after an update. Let me know if that was the problem.


                                  eyusuf: This might fix your problem as well after the latest update.

                                  Indeed that worked. In fact it seemed to have 'remembered' the settings even though I deleted those files as you instructed. It rebuilt the 'kneeboardBuilder.exe.config' file, but did not rebuild the 'settings.xml' file. Perhaps it read it from the registry. It appears to be running fine without the 'settings.xml' file.

                                  You might want to put those instructions in the readme file, troubleshooting section, for those experiencing the same problem
                                  Last edited 09-16-2014, 10:53 AM.

                                  Comment


                                    #77
                                    Originally posted by eyusuf View Post
                                    Indeed that worked. In fact it seemed to have 'remembered' the settings even though I deleted those files as you instructed. It rebuilt the 'kneeboardBuilder.exe.config' file, but did not rebuild the 'settings.xml' file. Perhaps it read it from the registry. It appears to be running fine without the 'settings.xml' file.

                                    You might want to put those instructions in the readme file, troubleshooting section, for those experiencing the same problem
                                    Thanks for your help. The 'settings.xml' is only there during an update to help it remember the settings and is automatically removed if things go right after an update. I have added this info to the first post and will add it to the readme too.

                                    Comment


                                      #78
                                      Version 1.4.3.0 Now Available

                                      Version 1.4.3.0 is now available.

                                      This version should fix the issue many were having where the program would refuse to start after and update has been completed. I appreciate the bug reports you all have been sending me and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the instability of the previous update.

                                      VERSION 1.4.3.0 Changelog:

                                      -fixed issue of program not starting after updating

                                      Comment


                                        #79
                                        Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                                        Version 1.4.3.0 is now available.

                                        This version should fix the issue many were having where the program would refuse to start after and update has been completed. I appreciate the bug reports you all have been sending me and I apologize for any inconvenience caused by the instability of the previous update.

                                        VERSION 1.4.3.0 Changelog:

                                        -fixed issue of program not starting after updating

                                        Hello again Grizzly. I think you'll find this interesting.

                                        I had checked the 'run as administrator' in the Compatibility tab of properties of 'KneeboardBuilder.exe' file.

                                        As soon as I UNCHECKED this it allows me drag and drop files as well as update and RUN normally .... it appears to be some sort of UAC thing.

                                        Comment


                                          #80
                                          Originally posted by eyusuf View Post
                                          Hello again Grizzly. I think you'll find this interesting.

                                          I had checked the 'run as administrator' in the Compatibility tab of properties of 'KneeboardBuilder.exe' file.

                                          As soon as I UNCHECKED this it allows me drag and drop files as well as update and RUN normally .... it appears to be some sort of UAC thing.
                                          Thanks for figuring that out. I just tried it on my end as well and it did the same thing. I will look into why it is doing that.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X