Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uboats View Post
    It seems that 1.2 will touch the Kneeboard foloer in DCS World/Bazar/Terrain and make a copy of orig Kneeboard folder. Since all the operations will be erased after update or repair, so I suggest all changes should be done in Saved Games/DCS/Kneeboard
    All custom groups are saved in the '/Kneeboard Builder/Kneeboard Groups' directory wherever you extracted the .zip file to; even those created under the 'Default Kneeboard' option, so they won't be affected by a DCS World update or repair.

The 'Default' group under the 'Default Kneeboard' option in the program is only referenced from the 'DCS World/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard_orig' folder and is automatically recreated after a DCS World update, repair or reinstallation.

Comment

Awesome program! Rep inbound.
      -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
      My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
      F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
        All custom groups are saved in the '/Kneeboard Builder/Kneeboard Groups' directory wherever you extracted the .zip file to; even those created under the 'Default Kneeboard' option, so they won't be affected by a DCS World update or repair.

The 'Default' group under the 'Default Kneeboard' option in the program is only referenced from the 'DCS World/Bazar/Terrain/Kneeboard_orig' folder and is automatically recreated after a DCS World update, repair or reinstallation.
        sounds good.
        sigpic

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |
        | TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Comment

Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.
          -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
          F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Originally posted by Home Fries View Post
            Possible bug report:

It appears that if the PDF has parentheses in the filename, the file will not convert. I get indications that the pdf converted, but the output folder is empty.
            Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..
            "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."
            RAMBO

Comment

Originally posted by Home Fries View Post
              Possible bug report:

Does it still show the progress bar and the page conversion status text? Can you tell me the filepath of the .pdf file you were trying to import, the group name you were trying to use and the version of windows you are using? Thanks for the report.
              Last edited 08-31-2014, 04:19 AM.

Comment

PM sent with the data you requested.
                -Home Fries

My DCS Files and Skins
                F-14B LANTIRN Guide

Comment

Originally posted by outlawal2 View Post
                  Not a bug as Windows doesn't allow it.. Shouldn't be able to even name that file with parantheses... Windows should error out stating that you can't use those kinds of character types...

WEIRD..
                  No, {}[]() are all legal characters in filenames under NTFS.
                  Did you know? True Harrier fans contribute to the AV-8B Community Bugtracker!

Comment

Version 1.2.1.0 Release

Version 1.2.1.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 installed the updated should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder. (hopefully )

Version 1.2.1.0 Changelog:

-fixed issue of .pdf files with names containing special characters not being imported correctly
                    -fixed issue of Kneeboard Builder not loading due to limited or lost internet connection
                    -updated readme file

Comment

Auto updater works perfect! Well done AlaskanGrizzly and keep up the great work

Comment

Sounds Awesome! Will definitely use it!
                        Thank you for your work
                        regards
                        Ganesh

Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $610,83 and your HW expenses are countless...
                        Reminder: You can´t invest your money much better until you wait for "GermanysNextTopModel": The Bo-105 PAH1A1

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        W10 - Asus Z97Pro - 4790K - 32GB 2400 DDR3 - 1080Ti - Dell 29"@2560X1080
                        TrackIR 5 - MFG Crosswinds - VirPil T-50 Base - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - pimped MSFFB2 - JetSeat SE

Comment

Yes i to can confirm auto update works infact everything works my end, i would say one of the best mods for a long time top marks AlaskanGrizzly.
                          Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.
                          Spoiler:

System Spec.
                          Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
                          Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A
                          CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
                          RAM: 32gb
                          GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
                          Cooling: Predator 360
                          Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
                          Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Comment

Error CLR20r3

Hi;

i have this error CLR20r3.

reinstalled " .NET Framework 4.5 " and " Ghostscript 64bit " and i have the same error , please need help
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firewings View Post
                              Hi;

i have this error CLR20r3.

reinstalled " .NET Framework 4.5 " and " Ghostscript 64bit " and i have the same error , please need help
                              It looks like your system might have a missing or corrupt system .dll.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
                              http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                                It looks like your system might have a missing or corrupt system .dll.

Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
                                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833
                                Big thanks it works .........
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by firewings View Post
                                  Big thanks it works .........
                                  Great! Glad you were able to get it fixed.

Comment

Version 1.3.0.0 Released

Version 1.3.0.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 or higher installed the update should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder.

Version 1.3.0.0 Changelog:

-added ability to change the size and position of the kneeboard displayed in DCS (feature available from the Options menu)
                                    Last edited 09-13-2014, 02:03 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your great work and tool AlaskanGrizzly. The automatic update works great!

Comment

Hey Alaskan Grizzly i like the new addition updated like a charm and moved and re-sized the Kneeboard does exactly what it says on the box.
                                        Eagles may soar high but weasel's don't get sucked into jet engines.
                                        Spoiler:

System Spec.
                                        Monitors: Samsung 570DX & Rift CV1
                                        Mobo: MSI Godlike gaming X-99A
                                        CPU: Intel i7 5930K @ 3.50Ghz
                                        RAM: 32gb
                                        GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti VR Ready
                                        Cooling: Predator 360
                                        Power Supply: OCZ ZX Series 80 Plus Gold
                                        Drives: Samsung SSD's 1tb, 500g plus others with OS Win10 64 bit

Comment

Version 1.4.0.0 Released

Version 1.4.0.0 is now available.

If you have version 1.2.0.0 or higher installed the update should occur automatically the next time you start Kneeboard Builder.

With version 1.4.0.0 you can now insert kneeboard images into existing missions. The kneeboard will be global and visible to all aircraft. I haven't been able to figure out how to do selective kneeboards for each aircraft (if even possible).
                                          Backup your missions before inserting a kneeboard just in case something goes wrong. (I have not had any issues yet with .miz files becoming corrupted, but you never know...)

1) From the 'Create Custom Kneeboard' tab, select the kneeboard groups you would like to add your mission(s).

2) Click on the '.miz' button on the lower right side of the window.

3) Select a single mission or multiple missions in the file browser dialog and click 'Open'.

4) Your selected kneeboard groups will be automatically inserted into each selected mission, overwriting any existing kneeboard already in the mission.

Tip: If you want to clear a kneeboard from a mission or missions, perform steps 2-3 without selecting any kneeboard groups to add.

Version 1.4.0.0 Changelog

-added ability to insert a global kneeboard into existing mission(s) (.miz files)
                                          -various code optimizations

Comment

Working...
                                          X