Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kneeboard Builder (windows app)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    It's easy, AlaskanGrizzly:

    Your preferences page point to the DCS World install and the Saved Games folder. While changing the DCS World path will point to the Open Beta for things like the MiG-21 Default kneeboard and the kneeboard position/color settings, the Saved Games path will still point to Saved Games\DCS.

    The user folder for the Open Beta is "Saved Games\DCS.openbeta". This could be as simple as adding a checkbox if you are using the beta, which will push the kneeboard files to the new folder in Saved Games. The simple, clean implementation would be to have paths for both DCS versions available in the preferences menu, and then if both paths are filled, have the checkbox or radio buttons appear in the GUI that selects which version of DCS is being customized.
    -Home Fries


    My DCS Files and Skins
    My DCS TARGET Profile for Cougar or Warthog and MFDs
    F-14B LANTIRN Guide

    Comment


      Version 1.6.4.0 Released

      Version 1.6.4.0 is now available.

      Version 1.6.4.0 Changelog

      -added support for DCS World OpenBeta
      -added splash screen
      -changelog now included in update prompt
      -various minor GUI modifications
      -various code and performance optimizations

      NOTE:
      Check the 'Open Beta' checkbox in 'Options -> Preferences' for use with DCS World OpenBeta

      Comment


        Awesome work and unbelievable speed of support! Rep inbound.
        Kind regards,

        Lino_Germany

        Comment


          I can't seem to get the kneeboard to work, i downloaded the folder and ran kneeboard.exe but i get "Kneeboard builder has stopped working" i have .NET framework 4.5.2 windows is up to date. windows 7 btw. idk why im getting this...

          Comment


            Originally posted by stephen2102 View Post
            I can't seem to get the kneeboard to work, i downloaded the folder and ran kneeboard.exe but i get "Kneeboard builder has stopped working" i have .NET framework 4.5.2 windows is up to date. windows 7 btw. idk why im getting this...
            You may have a corrupt system .dll that is not working correctly.

            Try running Microsoft's System Checker Tool by following these instructions:
            http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833


            You can also view your windows error logs and look for any error events that occur when you try running Kneeboard Builder:

            To view the event logs:
            right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

            Look for any errors containing KneeboardBuilder.exe.

            EDIT:

            Sorry, I gave you directions for the windows 8 event viewer. To open the windows 7 event viewer click on the start menu -> control panel -> System and Security -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer.
            Last edited 02-20-2015, 10:51 PM.

            Comment


              Hello,

              I ran the MS System Checker Tool and it came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I actually ran it a few times.

              One of my squad-mates sent me his older version, 1.6.3.1 and it works fine for me as long as I don't update to 1.6.4.0.

              Great product overall though! Not sure why the new update is causing .NET run-time errors though for me.
              ~ LA

              sigpic

              Intel Core Haswell i5-4670K OC @ 4.2GHz | Asus Z87-Plus mobo | 16GB DDR3 @ 1600 Ram | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 OC w/ 8GB memory | Oculus Rift w/ Touch Controllers | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack | Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG |Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | TrackIR 4 C‬lip | Helios

              Black Knights Squadron Member

              Comment


                Originally posted by lrdangel View Post
                Hello,

                I ran the MS System Checker Tool and it came back with "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations." I actually ran it a few times.

                One of my squad-mates sent me his older version, 1.6.3.1 and it works fine for me as long as I don't update to 1.6.4.0.

                Great product overall though! Not sure why the new update is causing .NET run-time errors though for me.
                Thanks for the feedback.

                Could you please look at your windows error logs right after you try running Kneeboard Builder and let me know the details for any errors you have listed for Kneeboardbuilder.exe or save the log and pm me a copy

                To view the error logs in windows 7:

                click on the start menu -> control panel -> system and security -> administrative tools -> event viewer.

                For windows 8:

                right click on the start menu -> computer management -> expand 'event viewer' -> expand 'windows logs' -> click on application

                To save your all events: right click on application -> save all events as -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

                To save a single event: right click on the event(s) you want to save -> save selected event -> enter a name and save as an Event File (.evtx)

                If you can't upload an .evtx file then a text file will do.

                I appreciate your help.
                Last edited 02-20-2015, 11:03 PM.

                Comment


                  I looked at the event viewer and got the following.

                  KneeboardBuilder.exe
                  1.6.4.0
                  54d910c2
                  KERNELBASE.dll
                  6.1.7601.18409
                  5315a05a
                  e0434352
                  000000000000940d
                  2134
                  01d04e17dfab1fdf
                  C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\kneeboard builder\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                  C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                  1e9bd7e7-ba0b-11e4-8975-f46d04e39c6c

                  I also ran the Microsoft's System Checker Tool and it said the following.

                  2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 00000338 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                  2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                  2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033b [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
                  2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

                  i tried to do the "takeown /f c:\windows\system32\wkscli.dll" but i got an "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)" error. Sorry for the wall of text.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by stephen2102 View Post
                    I looked at the event viewer and got the following.

                    KneeboardBuilder.exe
                    1.6.4.0
                    54d910c2
                    KERNELBASE.dll
                    6.1.7601.18409
                    5315a05a
                    e0434352
                    000000000000940d
                    2134
                    01d04e17dfab1fdf
                    C:\Users\Stephen\Desktop\kneeboard builder\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                    C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                    1e9bd7e7-ba0b-11e4-8975-f46d04e39c6c

                    I also ran the Microsoft's System Checker Tool and it said the following.

                    2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 00000338 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033a [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-WorkstationService-NetAPI, Version = 6.1.7601.17514, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_AMD64 (9), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch
                    2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033b [SR] This component was referenced by [l:202{101}]"Microsoft-Windows-Foundation-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.7601.17514.WindowsFoundationDelivery"
                    2015-02-21 15:28:17, Info CSI 0000033e [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32"\[l:20{10}]"wkscli.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

                    i tried to do the "takeown /f c:\windows\system32\wkscli.dll" but i got an "the application was unable to start correctly (0xc00007b)" error. Sorry for the wall of text.
                    The KERNALBASE.DLL error occurs when you have a missing or corrupt system .dll. In your case it looks like the issue is the 'wkscli.dll'. You may want to try googling that .dll file and see if you can find a fix. You may need to repair or reinstall windows to fix it though.

                    You can try the prior version of Kneeboard Builder and see if that works for you. Here is the download link for version 1.6.3.1:

                    Kneeboard Builder Version 1.6.3.1

                    Sorry I could not be of more help to you.

                    EDIT:

                    It looks like 'wkscli.dll' is related to networking, so you could try disabling automatic update checks in Kneeboard Builder and see if that works for you.

                    Just open the 'KneeboardBuilder.exe.Config' file in notepad or notepad++ and add these lines inside the <configuration> </configuration> tags:

                    <appSettings>
                    <add key="AllowUpdate" value="False" />
                    </appSettings>
                    Last edited 02-21-2015, 10:32 PM.

                    Comment


                      ok so i reformatted my computer, ran the MSC Tool everything is fine no corrupted .dll but i still get the kneeboard builder has stopped working. went to the event viewer and i get this.

                      Faulting application name: KneeboardBuilder.exe, version: 1.6.3.1, time stamp: 0x54cc165a
                      Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x5315a05a
                      Exception code: 0xe0434352
                      Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
                      Faulting process id: 0x1db0
                      Faulting application start time: 0x01d05375c4aed7e8
                      Faulting application path: C:\Users\Stephen\Downloads\KneeboardBuilder 1.6.3.1\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                      Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                      Report Id: 058483aa-bf69-11e4-b032-f46d04e39c6c

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by stephen2102 View Post
                        ok so i reformatted my computer, ran the MSC Tool everything is fine no corrupted .dll but i still get the kneeboard builder has stopped working. went to the event viewer and i get this.

                        Faulting application name: KneeboardBuilder.exe, version: 1.6.3.1, time stamp: 0x54cc165a
                        Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x5315a05a
                        Exception code: 0xe0434352
                        Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
                        Faulting process id: 0x1db0
                        Faulting application start time: 0x01d05375c4aed7e8
                        Faulting application path: C:\Users\Stephen\Downloads\KneeboardBuilder 1.6.3.1\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                        Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                        Report Id: 058483aa-bf69-11e4-b032-f46d04e39c6c
                        I apologize for all of the issues you are having. I have some ideas I will try out that might fix it. It will be a little while though as I have some large projects I am working on for work.

                        Thanks for your help.

                        EDIT:

                        It looks like the splash screen is causing the problem. I will be working on a fix for it.
                        Last edited 03-01-2015, 01:03 PM.

                        Comment


                          Hello,

                          I just installed this really cool program but can't get it to run yet I get this error when running the .exe,

                          object page file not found

                          could not find the file objects page file in the DCS World Directory at scripts\aircrafts\_common\cockpit\kneeboard\indicator\objects_page.lua

                          I also tried the older version and the one posted above by the OP.

                          any ideas? if it helps I'm using the steam version of DCS world.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Nimitz87 View Post
                            Hello,

                            I just installed this really cool program but can't get it to run yet I get this error when running the .exe,

                            object page file not found

                            could not find the file objects page file in the DCS World Directory at scripts\aircrafts\_common\cockpit\kneeboard\indicator\objects_page.lua

                            I also tried the older version and the one posted above by the OP.

                            any ideas? if it helps I'm using the steam version of DCS world.

                            It looks like it isn't finding your DCS World install directory correctly. Have you checked in Options -> Preferences to see if it is pointing to your steam DCS World install directory?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AlaskanGrizzly View Post
                              It looks like it isn't finding your DCS World install directory correctly. Have you checked in Options -> Preferences to see if it is pointing to your steam DCS World install directory?
                              the program crashes after that error, I never even get a chance to see the main window to get to options > preferences.

                              thanks for the speedy reply, I also tried the dev version you posted above, and the 1.6 version running I'm running windows 7 64bit

                              edit: (7:20pm) got it working, not sure what I did differently, rebooted, re downloaded the newest version (I already tried this exact step) and it's working now.

                              edit2: well, I got the program to load. I then went through uploading the pdf, and to assign the kneeboard and it force closed. Now I can't get it working again. Definitely seems to be some kind of issue with my windows, I am using a theme which changes some of the registry keys, would that be an issue possibly? reason I say this is the windows compatibility check thing came up.

                              here is the event log of the error.

                              Log Name: Application
                              Source: Application Error
                              Date: 2/28/2015 7:27:54 PM
                              Event ID: 1000
                              Task Category: (100)
                              Level: Error
                              Keywords: Classic
                              User: N/A
                              Computer: cmason-PC
                              Description:
                              Faulting application name: KneeboardBuilder.exe, version: 1.6.4.0, time stamp: 0x54d910c2
                              Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7601.18409, time stamp: 0x5315a05a
                              Exception code: 0xc000041d
                              Fault offset: 0x000000000000940d
                              Faulting process id: 0x20f0
                              Faulting application start time: 0x01d053b68cb44c27
                              Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\kneeboard builder\New Folder (2)\KneeboardBuilder.exe
                              Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                              Report Id: cd135cc2-bfa9-11e4-8b67-902b3432384d
                              Event Xml:
                              <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
                              <System>
                              <Provider Name="Application Error" />
                              <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
                              <Level>2</Level>
                              <Task>100</Task>
                              <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                              <TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-03-01T00:27:54.000000000Z" />
                              <EventRecordID>34221</EventRecordID>
                              <Channel>Application</Channel>
                              <Computer>cmason-PC</Computer>
                              <Security />
                              </System>
                              <EventData>
                              <Data>KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                              <Data>1.6.4.0</Data>
                              <Data>54d910c2</Data>
                              <Data>KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
                              <Data>6.1.7601.18409</Data>
                              <Data>5315a05a</Data>
                              <Data>c000041d</Data>
                              <Data>000000000000940d</Data>
                              <Data>20f0</Data>
                              <Data>01d053b68cb44c27</Data>
                              <Data>C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\DCSWorld\kneeboard builder\New Folder (2)\KneeboardBuilder.exe</Data>
                              <Data>C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll</Data>
                              <Data>cd135cc2-bfa9-11e4-8b67-902b3432384d</Data>
                              </EventData>
                              </Event>

                              thanks for your time AlaskanGrizzly
                              Last edited 03-01-2015, 12:35 AM.

                              Comment


                                Nimitz87:

                                Have you tried keeping Kneeboard Builder on your desktop or somewhere out of 'Program Files'? It may be having read/write issues due to insufficient permissions in 'Program Files'.

                                You can also trying running it as an administrator, as that should give it sufficient permissions. However, keep in mind that running as administrator will prevent the .pdf drag and drop feature from working ( a windows security feature). You will still be able to manually add .pdf files though.

                                Comment


                                  Hello,
                                  I need you help because I've downloaded KneeboardBuilder last version for my DCS v1.2.15.
                                  I follow the all this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=luywC5G1c7c
                                  But when I want click "Modify buttom" the page is blank and of course impossible to have my new kneeboard.

                                  Please can you tell me if I meet one problem because my process is like a video but nothing and no bug message...

                                  One idea ?

                                  a great thanks in advance, Skull.
                                  sigpic

                                  My Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100006748814655
                                  My P-51D's Mod: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=142739
                                  One of my few skins : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.c...files/1452845/

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Skulleader View Post
                                    Hello,
                                    I need you help because I've downloaded KneeboardBuilder last version for my DCS v1.2.15.
                                    I follow the all this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=luywC5G1c7c
                                    But when I want click "Modify buttom" the page is blank and of course impossible to have my new kneeboard.

                                    Please can you tell me if I meet one problem because my process is like a video but nothing and no bug message...

                                    One idea ?

                                    a great thanks in advance, Skull.

                                    Just to clarify, after you import a .pdf file and try to modify the imported group the images in the group are blank?

                                    Comment


                                      stephen2102 and Nimitz87:

                                      I think I have pinned down what is causing the program to crash for you. It looks like the splash screen of all things is causing problems in Windows 7. I will try to put out a fix (or remove the splash screen all together) later today. Thank you for your assistance.

                                      Comment


                                        Version 1.6.4.1 Released

                                        Version 1.6.4.1 is now available.

                                        Version 1.6.4.1 Changelog

                                        -fixed program crash caused by splash screen


                                        REMINDER:
                                        For optimal functionality, don't place the Kneeboard Builder folder in an elevated directory, (ie 'Program Files' or 'Program Files (x86)') as you will need to run as an administrator to allow Kneeboard Builder to write to its own directory or the program will crash on startup. Running Kneeboard Builder as an administrator will disable the .pdf file drag and drop feature due to a security feature built into windows.

                                        Comment


                                          Thanks for this nice piece of software and the great support.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X