Red Flag/ NTTR Campaigns for F-5 or F-18?

Hey folks,

I'm trying to find something like the "16-2 F-15C/A-10C Red Flag Campaign" but for either the F-5 or the F-18. Is there any realistic Red Flag campaigns or even just SP missions for these aircraft?

Especially searching for something realistic for the F-5 and NTTR. I've downloaded the F-18 BFM NTTR campaign before (which I assume is identical to the F-5 BFM campaign) and was left a little bit disappointed. It sort of felt quite empty... long flight to/ from engagement and it was extremely repetitive so would really love to try something that's using real Red Flag procedures with a bit more activity.

Cheers!!

I've got two SP Red Flag missions for the Hornet that you might want to check out.

Red Flag Hornet Mission 1

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300770/

Red Flag Hornet Mission 2

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309966/

This looks excellent! Thanks a million. Will give these a try!

Anything like this for the F-5?

This looks excellent! Thanks a million. Will give these a try!

Anything like this for the F-5?

I did make an F-5 NTTR 4 mission campaign a long time ago.... I've been told there are some problems with it due to DCS changes. I don't have time to fix them, but if you're still interesting I can try and fix it next weekend. It's very rough, my earliest attempts at mission making.

I did make an F-5 NTTR 4 mission campaign a long time ago.... I've been told there are some problems with it due to DCS changes. I don't have time to fix them, but if you're still interesting I can try and fix it next weekend. It's very rough, my earliest attempts at mission making.

Ah no, don't worry about.

Is there any good F-5 missions campaigns on other maps?

I've got two SP Red Flag missions for the Hornet that you might want to check out.

Red Flag Hornet Mission 1

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3300770/

Red Flag Hornet Mission 2

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309966/

Just downloaded the first mission. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way but I see there's no aircraft parked at Nellis except the flights that taxi out for departure for the mission?

Will I break the mission if I add some static aircraft for immersion?

Just downloaded the first mission. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way but I see there's no aircraft parked at Nellis except the flights that taxi out for departure for the mission?

Will I break the mission if I add some static aircraft for immersion?

As long as they are not blocking any of the taxiways It should be fine.

I did that intentionally in order to keep the frame rates higher on computers that were not so good.

The next plan for these missions to add a trigger which will add or subtract statics depending on what the player selects.

That way high and PC users can have more Eye candy, and Low end PC users can have a better experience frame wise.

As long as they are not blocking any of the taxiways It should be fine.

I did that intentionally in order to keep the frame rates higher on computers that were not so good.

The next plan for these missions to add a trigger which will add or subtract statics depending on what the player selects.

That way high and PC users can have more Eye candy, and Low end PC users can have a better experience frame wise.

Yes , that's a great idea to have that custom option.

In your experience in terms of GPU or CPU load, does it matter if the static objects are just static objects "planes" or actual AI units that are "uncontrolled" starting on the ramp that essentially act the same as static objects?

I noticed after populating Tonopah, Creech and Nellis with static objects (combo of static and uncontrolled AI units acting as static objects) that I started getting stutters during flight even if I was flying over the desert with nothing happening. There were no moving AI units. So I can only attribute the stutters to the large number of aircraft that I have places among the 3 bases... I wouldn't have thought that a large amount of static objects causes stutters even when you are nowhere near civilization in the middle of the desert?

Yeah, I've found the more statics you have, the less performance you get. I'm no software engineer, but I imagine all of those objects remain in memory as you're flying around, eating up resources.

In the campaign I'm currently working on, I've got an option at mission start to remove various amounts of statics, which should help performance.

I also haven't tried to see the difference between uncontrolled and static in terms of performance.

Yeah, I've found the more statics you have, the less performance you get. I'm no software engineer, but I imagine all of those objects remain in memory as you're flying around, eating up resources.

In the campaign I'm currently working on, I've got an option at mission start to remove various amounts of statics, which should help performance.

I also haven't tried to see the difference between uncontrolled and static in terms of performance.

I see, cheers.

I've just flown your first mission. Enjoyed it a lot. Just a quick note - in the plane, waypoint 14 seems to be the last one and after that I just ended up following VFR using the map you provided.

Also, for mission 2, is there no pdf brief with a map and all the way points like for mission 1?

Cheers!

Yeah, there is one here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1K6buSi9O6JQbjpzuY_JV0JjsYI82mu3z?usp=sharing

It's linked from the mission, but I guess I didn't put it on the download page. Standby and I'll include it.

As for waypoints, the Hornet can only sequence the first 14 in SEQ1. So, if you have SEQ boxed, you'll only get to 14. Unbox SEQ to get waypoints beyond 14, or add them to SEQ2 and box that.

Ah gotcha. Awesome, thanks!!

Also, forgot to mention another bug - maybe not to do with mission building, I'm not sure, but I tried to refuel with the KC-130 in mission 1 and the boom went straight through the basket and never connected, almost as if the basket was just a ghost if you know what I mean. So I couldn't actually pick up any fuel!

Edited by CommandT

If that happens again, try the other hose. That's usually what's happening (plus, make sure you call ready pre-contact)

Ah gotcha. Awesome, thanks!!

Also, forgot to mention another bug - maybe not to do with mission building, I'm not sure, but I tried to refuel with the KC-130 in mission 1 and the boom went straight through the basket and never connected, almost as if the basket was just a ghost if you know what I mean. So I couldn't actually pick up any fuel!