Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

★ CHANGELOG VER 1.7
    - Added ability to mute radio chatter for A2G or A2A kills
    - Added a moving safe zone radius of 1000 meters around the tanker, you are safe from missiles while taking fuel now
    - Changed Tanker type to KC-135 so the new F-16C can AR -properly-
    - Restored audio alerts when a missile is fired against you
    - Removed hot starting units from Stennis deck (AWACS)
    - Expanded the spawns strike templates from 4 to 11 for the sake of target diversity
    - Expanded the SAM systems, added HAWK, SA11, SA10, Buk
    - Implemented -finally- a system to give tasks to players using not detection at all (thanks to pikes for sharing his script long time ago)
    - Due to the change above, the spawned groups are fixed, 3 of each task (NAVAL, STRIKE, SEAD)
    - Overall, performance has increased a little - again -

VISUAL GUIDE TO THE MISSION TASKING SYSTEM

★ ★ STEP 1 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 2 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 3 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 4 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 5 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 6 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 7 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 8 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 9 ★ ★

★ ★ STEP 10 ★ ★

Last edited by Mith86Arg; 10-14-2019, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Hi, i've discovered your missions (both caucasus and gulf) lately and i'm enjoying a lot! great job!
      i own f/a-18, m200c and a-10c modules and i think this is a very good way to train with all aspects and weapons systems (a/g, a/a etc); and with the ai planes around and the awacs calls... it is the closest experience to falconBMS you can have in DCS!

Messing with the ME, is it possible to add more ai planes, either blue and red side, by creating a flight with the appropiate symbol at the beginning of the description and checking the late activation?

I don't know well how MOOSE scripts works and how it chooses the planes for the ai flights...

ty

bye! and keep up with your missions!

Comment

Originally posted by raven80 View Post
        Hi, i've discovered your missions (both caucasus and gulf) lately and i'm enjoying a lot! great job!
        i own f/a-18, m200c and a-10c modules and i think this is a very good way to train with all aspects and weapons systems (a/g, a/a etc); and with the ai planes around and the awacs calls... it is the closest experience to falconBMS you can have in DCS!

Messing with the ME, is it possible to add more ai planes, either blue and red side, by creating a flight with the appropiate symbol at the beginning of the description and checking the late activation?

I don't know well how MOOSE scripts works and how it chooses the planes for the ai flights...

ty

bye! and keep up with your missions!
        Hey there buddy, i'm afraid is not THAT simple, for adding more planes u mean increase the number of the ones that spawn actually on my mission, or just increase the variety? Anyway, in both cases u need to not only create those planes with a group name on the mission editor but also declare 'em on the scripts to be spawned...

But what u want? maybe i can send ya a version with the planes and spawn numbers u want

Comment

Hi Mith
          well i've looked at the lua and found what i wanted, to understand the logic behind the A2A Dispatcher and how the squadron are selected.

i've made some changes to match the actual iranian air force as the red side using f-4, f-5, f-14a, mig-21,mig-23, mig-29, mig-31(because why not) and m2k;
          some changes in the blue side, i wanted to use the Euofighter and the F-22 from the vsn mods as ai planes.

Next i will made some changes in the caucasus scenario, wich is more nato vs russia... so red side plane will be migs and sukoys mainly.

Obviously i've modified your mission to match my taste and i will NEVER use it online, upload or distribute in any form... i'm not a thief right?

ah, maybe i've found an error in the zeus script... noticed that the a10cas_red doesent spawned, in the script the variable is called cas_red; so i've changed the name of the object in the ME and now it works

again thank you for these missions

bravo!

Comment

Hey there Raven, upload your version too!, i have no problems at all mate! indeed, i've just "created" a new mission editor/creator that use MOOSE. Go ahead! learn the code, rip all what u want and share more missions of your own, give credits and enjoy!

Ty for the heads ups about that zeus unit, i'll fix it ASAP.

Comment

★ CHANGELOG VER 1.8
              - Changed difficulty level of all units to excellent
              - Changed loadouts of all enemy planes, almost all of 'em have BVR capability now
              - Went back to Ciribob JTAC Autolase Script (i know... ppl doesn't like menus)
              - Added my "fobs" templates to the list of possible targets spawn for BAI (Strike) tasking
              - Added Game Master Units (x1) to both sides <-- need testing, i'm not a MP person, things tends to go FUBAR on multiplayer
              - Added a new type of BAI tasking "HARD" this one combines a random selection of a big FOB template + a random selection of SAM groups, i wasn't able to complete this task in 1 sortie (playing SOLO)
              - Changed the spawn method of air units, now instead of 3 caps of 2 units each, u have 6 caps of 1 unit each
              - Fixed a ZEUS group not spawning (unnoticed 'till report of forum user @raven80, thanks buddy!)
              - Added a few more locations for Naval units spawn
              - Added menu options for "call support" CAS / SEAD / ANTI-SHIP, i don't recommend abuse of 'em thou, if a IA group finish a task in your place it will possible break that task status check, and u'll have to join an empty task and let the script "know" that there are no remaining units and change the status of that task to "Succeed"

Comment

Hallo,
                i really like your mission. Its great for me as a a newbie to train in my new F/A-18C.

The only question i have right now is:
                Is there a way to finish and hand in missions after i destroyed all targets? In the report it says <Success> but it shows up every time a report pops up.
                Maybe im just to dumb to fight a was to delete it from the list after completing.

EDIT:
                I cant choose the Measure and Weight System options right now. It wont show Imperial/Metric.
                Also, is there a way for you to implement a mixed "Measures and Weight" option with temperatures in celsius, distance in nautical miles and height in feet

Last edited by TomMaverick; 10-19-2019, 04:14 PM. Reason: formatting etc.

DCS World: F/A-18C, Flaming Cliffs 3, Combined Arms

PC: i7-8700k 6x 4.8GHz - GTX 1080Ti 11GB - 32GB RAM - 256GB M2 + 256GB SSD + 1000GB SSD - Win10 - 1x 27" ASUS 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + 2x 27" ASUS 1440p 75Hz
                GEAR: Thrustmaster T.16000M HOTAS, opentrack with selfbuild CardboardIR

Experience: DCS 50h+; FSX/P3D: 1000h+ (mostly FSLabs A320, almost no online ATC experience)

Comment

Originally posted by TomMaverick View Post
                  Hallo,
                  i really like your mission. Its great for me as a a newbie to train in my new F/A-18C.

The only question i have right now is:
                  Is there a way to finish and hand in missions after i destroyed all targets? In the report it says <Success> but it shows up every time a report pops up.
                  Maybe im just to dumb to fight a was to delete it from the list after completing.

EDIT:
                  I cant choose the Measure and Weight System options right now. It wont show Imperial/Metric.
                  Also, is there a way for you to implement a mixed "Measures and Weight" option with temperatures in celsius, distance in nautical miles and height in feet

Hey there, after you select a any task, is a good practice to follow the steps on the post #16

The other problem is mainly 'cuz you forgot to enter as an spectator first. HIT esc 2 times and after that pick a slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mith86Arg View Post
                    Hey there, after you select a any task, is a good practice to follow the steps on the post #16

I will test that again tomorrow in SP and with the mission on my server.
                    But im pretty sure i did it like that (I was playing on my server when it happened)

The other problem is mainly 'cuz you forgot to enter as an spectator first. HIT esc 2 times and after that pick a slot.
                    I did it like that!
                    It works in SP but when i host the mission on my server its not working. Server is in spectator and i switch to spectator on join and then to my plane.
                    I will test it again tomorrow. Maybe i need to restart the server and the mission.

Also, is there a way for you to implement a mixed "Measures and Weight" option with temperatures in celsius, distance in nautical miles and height in feet.
                    Any chance we get this in an update?

PC: i7-8700k 6x 4.8GHz - GTX 1080Ti 11GB - 32GB RAM - 256GB M2 + 256GB SSD + 1000GB SSD - Win10 - 1x 27" ASUS 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + 2x 27" ASUS 1440p 75Hz

Experience: DCS 50h+; FSX/P3D: 1000h+ (mostly FSLabs A320, almost no online ATC experience)

Comment

★ CHANGELOG VER 1.8

- Changed difficulty level of all units to excellent

- Changed loadouts of all enemy planes, almost all of 'em have BVR capability now

- Went back to Ciribob JTAC Autolase Script (i know... ppl doesn't like menus)

- Added my "fobs" templates to the list of possible targets spawn for BAI (Strike) tasking

- Added Game Master Units (x1) to both sides <-- need testing, i'm not a MP person, things tends to go FUBAR on multiplayer

- Added a new type of BAI tasking "HARD" this one combines a random selection of a big FOB template + a random selection of SAM groups, i wasn't able to complete this task in 1 sortie (playing SOLO)

- Changed the spawn method of air units, now instead of 3 caps of 2 units each, u have 6 caps of 1 unit each

- Fixed a ZEUS group not spawning (unnoticed 'till report of forum user @raven80, thanks buddy!)

- Added a few more locations for Naval units spawn

- Added menu options for "call support" CAS / SEAD / ANTI-SHIP, i don't recommend abuse of 'em thou, if a IA group finish a task in your place it will possible break that task status check, and u'll have to join an empty task and let the script "know" that there are no remaining units and change the status of that task to "Succeed"
                      Hey Mith,

The tanker in the Gulf mission is a KC-135, so boom only, no drogue for the probe aircraft. You'll need to change it to the MPRS.

Cheers!
                      Scotch [emoji1634]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                      W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Comment

I am going to give this a go for sure. How do you get payloads. Do payloads change automatically to match the mission needs or do you need to rearm the usual way and if so can you change payload while airborne/enroute?

Comment

I tired it again. Singleplayer is working.

Multiplayer is not working. Hosted directly in game and on dedicated server. No difference.

Is there anything i have to set up on the server to play it? I just put it in the mission folder and start it on the Dedicated Server. The "Server" in in the observator slot. I join and select spectator (ESC 2x), then i choose a slot.

Its not that bad because its defaulting to imperial system. But i guess it needs to work for those who want metric system. (Add a mixed system pls. Feet, Nautical Miles and Temperature in Celsius (instead of Fahrenheit) )

Comment

Can someone please tell me how the payload system works? Is the payload automatic or do you have to be on the ground and use rearm before departure? thxs

Comment

Think i have a pm from you asking the same.

You have to be on ground to change your loadout

I tired it again. Singleplayer is working.

Multiplayer is not working. Hosted directly in game and on dedicated server. No difference.

Is there anything i have to set up on the server to play it? I just put it in the mission folder and start it on the Dedicated Server. The "Server" in in the observator slot. I join and select spectator (ESC 2x), then i choose a slot.

Its not that bad because its defaulting to imperial system. But i guess it needs to work for those who want metric system. (Add a mixed system pls. Feet, Nautical Miles and Temperature in Celsius (instead of Fahrenheit) )
                              There is a menu to manually go from imperial to meters, radio menu F10 -> XXXXyourusernameXXXX options >

Originally posted by Scotch75 View Post
                              Hey Mith,

The tanker in the Gulf mission is a KC-135, so boom only, no drogue for the probe aircraft. You'll need to change it to the MPRS.

Cheers!
                              Scotch [emoji1634]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
                              I'll add one more... it's a pain but seems that now we need a tanker for F16 only and another one for the others aircrafts... wasn't testing my own mission in a while... maybe is to time to "enjoy" my disaster a little more and see wth is happening behind the curtains lol
                              Last edited by Mith86Arg; 10-21-2019, 10:02 AM.

Comment

There is a menu to manually go from imperial to meters, radio menu F10 -> XXXXyourusernameXXXX options >
                                Yea i know that. But i just want to change the temperature setting from °F to °C without changing the height and distance.

There is:
                                Imperial ( Nautical miles, feet, Fahrenheit )
                                Celsius ( Kilometers, Meters, Celsius )

What i would like to have is a 3rd option: Mixed ( Nautical miles, feet, Celsius )

Its an option on non combat flight sims (FSX /P3D) i really like to see in here too.
                                Its just a request from me to add it. If it's too much work ignore it

EDIT: Just found out that this is a feature of the MOOSE script. I guess its not that easy to change. Forget about it

----------

Also i have tried to get the Measure and Weight system to work (singleplayer, hosted in client and hosted on dedicated server). It wont work for me. I hosted and joined spectator and then the plane slot. I also joined spectator and waited 20 minutes in there before i choose a slot. Nothing works.
                                I guess something went wrong after the last update of your mission. I found the 1.7 version of it and there its working in SP and MP

EDIT: FIXED! (Next post)

Keep on your great work! I really like your mission
                                Last edited by TomMaverick; 10-22-2019, 11:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X