Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koros View Post
    Ok thanks for the info !

Btw i was on the 2.1.0 version and tried the 2.1.5. I'm not sure if it's a stable release but i found there were more bugs and instability but more importantly, it is detected as a Trojan and causes crashes so i'll stay away from this version and probably just Liberation 2.0 for now while hoping that my pc is ok.

I'm not saying this is a Trojan and dont think it really is but it is a suspect behavior.
    I understand that it is probably linked to the way Liberation works but i didn't have this problem with the 2.1.0.
    Did it happen to anyone else here ?
    I'm using the zip version not the one with the installer btw.
    It is not a virus!!!!

Obutto Ozone
    i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB

64gig G-Skill DDR4@3600
    MSI 2080Ti, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler
    Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra
    MFG Crosswind pedals
    Tek Creations panels

HP reverb & TrackIr

Comment

Last edited by edokg; 10-17-2020, 02:06 PM.

sigpic

SO:
      Win10 64bit CPU:Intel i7 8700K@3.7 RAM:DDR4 46GB G.Skill Trident 3200MHz CL14 GPU:Nvidia EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW iCX MB:ASRock Z370 Extreme4 HDD:
      512GB Samsung 970 PRO SSD M.2 NVMe + 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 2x500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM

Comment

Just discovered this wonderful piece of software - Wow!

However, I'm running into a game breaking problem. Comms don't work!

I can communicate with my wingman OK, but AWACs is very inconsistent, most times they don't respond, then once in awhile out of the blue I'll get a BRAA call, then nothing again.

Supercarrier comms are worse - When I call inbound, the initial answer from marshal isn't heard. I hear myself respond to them, but none of the important bits!

I'm not having this issue with regular missions or multiplayer. I always play easy comms off (Yes, I'm ensuring I have the right freqs per the kneeboard, and I believe they're correct as I get the occasional response).

I have no idea what could be causing this.... Is there a known bug / conflict between Voiceattack / Vaicom and this software? That's the only thing I can think of.
        Ryzen 9 3900X / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Saitek X56 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift S

Comment

just found this tool for DCS, this is so great!
          Hebrews 13:2

“Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman1330 View Post

I have no idea what could be causing this.... Is there a known bug / conflict between Voiceattack / Vaicom and this software? That's the only thing I can think of.
            Yeah there is a bug with viacom. I believe they've fixed it internally.

Comment

Originally posted by Mustang25 View Post
              Yeah there is a bug with viacom. I believe they've fixed it internally.
              Good to know, thanks!
              Ryzen 9 3900X / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW3 / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 960 Evo M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Saitek X56 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Rift S

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman1330 View Post

However, I'm running into a game breaking problem. Comms don't work!

I can communicate with my wingman OK, but AWACs is very inconsistent, most times they don't respond, then once in awhile out of the blue I'll get a BRAA call, then nothing again.

Supercarrier comms are worse - When I call inbound, the initial answer from marshal isn't heard. I hear myself respond to them, but none of the important bits!

I'm not having this issue with regular missions or multiplayer. I always play easy comms off (Yes, I'm ensuring I have the right freqs per the kneeboard, and I believe they're correct as I get the occasional response).

I don't have Voiceattack/Viacom but I have noticed how quiet the coms have become since about 3 patches ago.
                Last edited by MustangSally; 10-19-2020, 03:14 AM.

Obutto Ozone
                i9-9900K @ 5.1 - delided, Gigabyte Aorus Elite MB

64gig G-Skill DDR4@3600
                MSI 2080Ti, Corsair H150i Pro water cooler
                Winwing Super Taurus and Super Libra
                MFG Crosswind pedals
                Tek Creations panels

HP reverb & TrackIr

Comment

Originally posted by MustangSally View Post
                  I don't have Voiceattack/Viacom but I have noticed how quite the coms have become since about 3 patches ago.
                  Yeah, there definitely something wonky.

I turned off Voiceattack and still have hit and miss comms, especially in the A-10C-II, though I think that module has its own comms bugs right now...

Edit: there seems to be a DCS bug when using “combined joint task forces” for blue force country on AWACS. I believe liberation does this?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=286054

Probably explains my issues with AWACS, I wonder if it extends to supercarrier too? I’ll have to do some testing.
                  Last edited by Sandman1330; 10-19-2020, 02:18 AM.

Comment

Hello!
                    I play in persian gulf with f14 and the stable version

I have a RTX 3080 asus strix oc + 9700k, i play in 4k and i have 30fps
                    for sure there is some error by me, how it is possible?

If i eliminate civil traffic the situation is still the same, also put the screen in 2k does not seems to change

can you help me?
                    ty

Comment

I am having an issue with starting from an airbase in v2.1.5. Posted earlier about start times, if I start on a carrier, I always start first, even if I have CAP flights set to take off before my strike flight. When I try to fly a viper or hog from an airbase, it always tells me my flight is delayed and I have to wait. I have verified my start time is set to 0 minutes. The only way I can make sure to start without having to accel time is to be the only flight taking off from an airbase, which sucks if you're in a hog and have no cap. Anybody else having a similar problem or have a workaround?

Comment

MeatBall, that is very weird. I run a 2080ti and an 8700k and have good frames. Try playing around with unit culling. Syria full campaign does give me stuttering, but I set the culling to about 200km and it seems to help.

Comment

EDIT: ahh let me try the steps on https://github.com/Khopa/dcs_liberat...d-Server-Guide, I didn't find these originally.
                          EDIT2: works now, please disregard

can anyone post some working instructions for using a Dedicated Server to run missions? I followed these instructions, but every time I tried to run the mission it would crash the server.

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comm...layer/g1vpsz1/

I suspect it has to do with the MissionScripting.lua changes, but I can't tell if you are supposed to change it in 'program files' only, or also in 'saved games' (which my local install of DCS does not have such a file). Would really like to be able to harness the extra bandwidth of our dedicated server if at all possible.

thanks,
                          Last edited by Zyll; 10-23-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,
                            I downloaded the Liberation campaign today and it looks really interesting. Unfortunately it does not run at all on my outdated system. I am now considering upgrading to a new one. Could someone please tell me whether it would run smoothly on a large-scale map (like the Persian gulf), during later stages of the campaign with a high number of units? I’m considering buying the following system:
                            - Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 (6 Cores, 32 MB L3 Cache, max. performance clock rate 4,2 GHz)
                            - Graphic card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 1660 Ti with 6 GB, GDDR6
                            - RAM: 16 GB HyperX™ DDR4 XMP @3.200 MHz; up to 64 GB
                            Any help will be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Nighthawk View Post
                              Hi guys,
                              I downloaded the Liberation campaign today and it looks really interesting. Unfortunately it does not run at all on my outdated system. I am now considering upgrading to a new one. Could someone please tell me whether it would run smoothly on a large-scale map (like the Persian gulf), during later stages of the campaign with a high number of units? I’m considering buying the following system:
                              - Processor: AMD Ryzen™ 5 3600 (6 Cores, 32 MB L3 Cache, max. performance clock rate 4,2 GHz)
                              - Graphic card: NVIDIA® GeForce GTX® 1660 Ti with 6 GB, GDDR6
                              - RAM: 16 GB HyperX™ DDR4 XMP @3.200 MHz; up to 64 GB
                              Any help will be appreciated!
                              I have a most similar spec as u.
                              3600X AMD 580 8GB 32Gb RAM

Liberation run very well on my side. 40-70Fps

On Liberation Settings:
                              Switch of the Smoke on Front line.
                              Switch of extra Infantry on Ground units.
                              Play a bit with Culling distance.

Comment

Hi Survival,
                                Thanks for the reply - much appreciated!

Comment

Is there a way to change the location of the default carriers on the PG?

Comment

Dont work new version. Old version is worked normal.

Comment

I have a rather minor request.... The ability to be able to minimize the liberation windows after hitting takeoff.

Thanks

Great work.

Martsmac "Smack".

Comment

Originally posted by Zyll View Post
                                        echoing a previous sentiment here, a little closure at the end of the campaign (a graphic with a generic congratulatory message at a minimum, or ideally a short campaign-specific won/lost dialog) would really help with the feeling of accomplishment.

Great work on this product. I just completed my first campaign and will be moving on to the next!
                                        +1 I’m sure community members could help on some banner artwork or graphics

Comment

Originally posted by D3adCy11nd3r View Post
                                          Is there a way to change the location of the default carriers on the PG?
                                          Only in Mission Editor. ATM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X