Clear All

afghan bear trap
    Can someone help me install? I cant get it to work
    F86 and UH1
    Im dying to play these
    Last edited 08-21-2020, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by r0tary View Post
      So I am basically stuck trying to run 2 successful missions.

See the attached photo plz, You instructed that in case the CMD not pop up properly for saving the mission stats, and I had to forcefully exit DCS through TaskManager, I can run DEBUG_DebriefMission Bat file in Campaign folder in saved games folder and sort the debrief page for the next mission.

When I run it, it shows the following error.

First mission was passed successfully.

=====

Does anyone have this issue that after you quit the mission a DCS banner is stuck on the display?

There are three possibilities:
      1- after the end of the mission (which is not the first mission), the DCS logo is frozen, if you have a CMD window and a text page, you can, with the CMD window generate a new mission.
      In this case, DEBUG_DebriefMission is useless and will not work, since your new mission is already generated.
      All you have to do is kill the DCS process, restart it, and you've got your new mission...

2- after the end of the mission (which is not the first mission), the DCS logo is frozen and you don't have a CMD window and a text window.
      In this case, you have 3 temporary files next to DEBUG_DebriefMission and this one can work

3- after the end of the mission (which is not the first mission), the DCS logo is frozen and you don't have a CMD window and a text window.
      If you don't have the 3 temporary files next to DEBUG_DebriefMission, I can't do anything for you, sorry.
      We could go over your setup
      We could read your DCS log to see why he's crashing, but...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
      FAQ DCE (Cef & Miguel'version)

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:
      • - the mission
      • - the tacview
      • - a screenshot of the bug window
      • - Give the name of the campaign
      • - Give the version of the script (saying the latest version is not enough, it is written at the beginning of the DOS window)

Comment

@piolin23000

This is a test for saved games folders moved to other hard drives.

only compatible 20.38.01

edit: Revision --test01.b
        Attached Files
        Last edited 08-22-2020, 04:00 PM.

In case of problem with a mission generated by CEF's DCEs, please post as many elements as possible:
        • - the mission
        • - the tacview
        • - Give the version of the script (saying the latest version is not enough, it is written at the beginning of the DOS window)

Comment

Me and a an experienced fellow tried fixing my p51 woes.
          The game can see afghan bear trap. It cannot see the miz or p51 files. And rheyre there.
          Everything was checked dozens of times. Thered a bug or something

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel21 View Post
            There are three possibilities:
            1- after the end of the mission (which is not the first mission), the DCS logo is frozen, if you have a CMD window and a text page, you can, with the CMD window generate a new mission.
            In this case, DEBUG_DebriefMission is useless and will not work, since your new mission is already generated.
            All you have to do is kill the DCS process, restart it, and you've got your new mission...

2- after the end of the mission (which is not the first mission), the DCS logo is frozen and you don't have a CMD window and a text window.
            In this case, you have 3 temporary files next to DEBUG_DebriefMission and this one can work

3- after the end of the mission (which is not the first mission), the DCS logo is frozen and you don't have a CMD window and a text window.
            If you don't have the 3 temporary files next to DEBUG_DebriefMission, I can't do anything for you, sorry.
            We could go over your setup
            We could read your DCS log to see why he's crashing, but...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
            Thanks for your continued support Miguel.

My case is the first one, which I have DCS logo frozen but when I ALT+TAB back to windows I can see the CMD and the text document of the flown mission results.

So I save the Stats and generate the new mission, but when I kill and rerun DCS, the Briefing and the playable mission are actually the previous one, not the newly generated one.

======

My other question is, how do I prevent this DCS logo being frozen? Because sometimes CMS and does pop up in front of mission summary properly and I can click on END mission, no freezing issue.

Comment

My case is the first one, which I have DCS logo frozen but when I ALT+TAB back to windows I can see the CMD and the text document of the flown mission results.

So I save the Stats and generate the new mission, but when I kill and rerun DCS, the Briefing and the playable mission are actually the previous one, not the newly generated one.

======

My other question is, how do I prevent this DCS logo being frozen? Because sometimes CMS and does pop up in front of mission summary properly and I can click on END mission, no freezing issue.

Maybe to simple but do you have fullscreen mode?

Comment

bump
                eagle01 and I spent a while trying to get this to work
                DCS will see Afghan bear trap
                everything for p51 is installed right, and eagle 01 says he has same settings
                YET dcs refuses to see the campaign.
                at all
                IT also wont see Afghan, but I can run one mission at a time a la the old old way (guardians of c)
                someone PLEASE help
                I used to say Il2 was better than DCS for WW2. its not necessarily - if you got a rig that handlles it DCS hands down

Comment

======

It’s the first campaign mission isn’t it ?
                  DCS campaign system needs the first mission to end normally (for DCS) with DCS debrief to be able to select the next mission. If the first mission don’t finish normally (for DCS ) you can play the DCE campaign but outside of DCS campaign system going to mission and finding your campaign ongoingmission.miz.
                  If you want to stay in the DCS campaign system you NEED a first mission to finish normally ... sorry ????
                  Did you try faq trick to avoid the DCS screen ?
                  All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Comment

Originally posted by sublime View Post
                    bump
                    eagle01 and I spent a while trying to get this to work
                    DCS will see Afghan bear trap
                    everything for p51 is installed right, and eagle 01 says he has same settings
                    YET dcs refuses to see the campaign.
                    at all
                    IT also wont see Afghan, but I can run one mission at a time a la the old old way (guardians of c)
                    someone PLEASE help
                    I used to say Il2 was better than DCS for WW2. its not necessarily - if you got a rig that handlles it DCS hands down

I think Eagle's trying to help you...
                    I don't know if you answered his question...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2159

• - the mission
                    • - the tacview

Comment

Any news on a F-16 Syria Campaign? :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel21 View Post
                        I think Eagle's trying to help you...
                        I don't know if you answered his question...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...postcount=2159
                        indeed I let him remote access my comp earlier
                        the game refuses to 'see' the campaign. he says hes never seen anything like it. you may wanna check it out for curiousity sake

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle_01 View Post
                          Hi RedeyeStorm.. Whenever someone forgets to give the crew their paycheck. I found that calling the ATC and requesting for start up, even if you've moved already, gets the crew off their lazy behinds.
                          Thanks for the tip. Giving this order in combination with driving far enough forward first, seems to do it.

I started up my bird and drove forward beyond the line of Cat2. Wingman remained stationary. So I turned around and drove back to starting point and stopped. Requesting engine start and then driving forward again my wingman started forward as well.

Comment

80s campaigns for Hornets should be better now for no GPS alignement ... I hope

Comment

Originally posted by PB0_CEF View Post
                              80s campaigns for Hornets should be better now for no GPS alignement ... I hope
                              Cool!

PB0_CEF, Any news on a Viper-Syria campaign? Please?

TKs in advance,

Sydy

Comment

Originally posted by Sydy View Post
                                Cool!

PB0_CEF, Any news on a Viper-Syria campaign? Please?

TKs in advance,

Sydy
                                Hi Sydy, we are talking about ideas for the Syria map. For now, its still just a plan. Don't worry, we will get there.
                                Last edited 08-26-2020, 12:07 AM.
                                Intel Core i7 7700, 16GB DDR4 RAM, Intel 660P PCIe NVMe, Zotac 2070 Super Amp, Oculus Rift S

A-10C, FA-18C, F-14B, FC3, F-5E, F-86, AV8B, M-2000, Combined Arms, AJS37, F-16C, C-101, MiG-15Bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, P-51D, Spitfire LFMkIX, Bf-109, Fw-190 Dora, Fw-190 Anton, P-47D, I-16, SA342, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Ka-50

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle_01 View Post
                                  Hi Sydy, we are talking about ideas for the Syria map. For now, its still just a plan. Don't worry, we will get there.
                                  Hi Eagle,

Lovely to know. Thank you for your answer!

Good luck for you guys.

Sydy

Comment

What’s up folks! I downloaded the latest Hornet over Persian gulf supercarrier campaign. But everytime I start up the first mission it loads and then CTDs on me. Did the latest DCS update break it? Any solutions ?
                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by oscar19681 View Post
                                      What’s up folks! I downloaded the latest Hornet over Persian gulf supercarrier campaign. But everytime I start up the first mission it loads and then CTDs on me. Did the latest DCS update break it? Any solutions ?
                                      Did you try to use Firstmission.bat ?

Comment

Originally posted by oscar19681 View Post
                                        I tested it : no problem : an installation problem maybe ?

Comment

Hello,

I am having some trouble with Eagle_01’s P-47 Normandy DCE. Im completely new to all of this, and im a bit lost.

I installed the campaign as instructed, then changed the paths in the path.bat and camp_init.lua
                                          to match my configuration for Openbeta, and edited the mission scripting file in UTF-8. When I try to launch Firstmission.bat, I get this message:

D:\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\luae.exe: cannot open ..\..\..\ScriptsMod.ScriptsMod.20.38.01\BAT_FirstMission.lua: No such file or directory

C:\Users\ejton\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\tech\DCE\Missions\Campaigns\WWII Normandy P-47D>

Im sure I messed up when I edited the paths to accommodate openbeta, but im not sure where or how?

Comment

Working...
                                          X