Third Coalition?

tom1502

Morning all,

I'm sure this will have come up before but is there a way to implement, or a possibility of the addition of, a third coalition. I'd like to create some missions in Syria, but I am conscious that there was one common opposition for all sides (ISIS) but that many were also fighting each other with loose affiliations to different sides at different times and they may end up fighting each other. I've come across other instances where it would be useful to have neutral actors in play as well, that could switch to a side depending on who or what attacked them. I've seen stuff to say that you can have a neutral faction but I've not seen how to implement this.

I'd like to have an instance where there is a Red Coalition of Syria, Iran, Russia and a faction to represent insurgents and a Blue Coalition of the usual suspects. In between that, I'd another faction of Insurgents that is opposed to both. I'd like for both Red and Blue Coalitions to be attacking the third faction but also have a standoff between them so there are issues around deconfliction. This is primarily aimed at being a multiplayer scenario. I'd like for Red and Blue to be able to fly in the same airspace without attacking each other until a trigger has been activated in certain circumstances.

Is there a way for me to do this without scripting? I'm still lost when it comes to that as I have no programming experience.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S

I think I've found how to do it. Is there any way to make AI attack a neutral unit? If they do attack them does anything happen? Can you set Rules of Engagement for them?

• Windows 10 Home - 64 Bit
  • Intel Core i7-9770K
  • 32GB DDR4 RAM
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
  • Oculus Rift S