ME Gurus... TransmitMessage script in a WP runscript?

ChuckIV

ME Gurus, I need your help.

I've attached a VERY simple .miz file to show what I'm trying to do in the Channel Map. I have an enemy plane (Bf109) flying a route, and at its waypoint 1, I want the run script command to put out a written message and a sound message on a frequency of 125MHz AM.

I added the sound file (.ogg) to the Allied Spitfire (client that needs to hear the message), to the Axis Bf109 that has the WP1 used, and even an Allied Willlys Jeep at Manston AB for comms for you to use as the sound source.

I have the written message working for the client (it's just sent to the entire Blue coalition); it's the sound message I need your help with. I have searched the forums and Internet for the proper lua code, but to no avail.

Could one of you lua code Gurus open my .miz file and add your magic code to the Bf109's waypoint 1 (run script) command? Please repost with the working .miz file.

Any help would be EXTREMELY helpful!

Thanks in advance, ChuckIV

TransmitMessage Test.miz

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

Thanks for the reply toutenglisse, but I'm looking for a way to REDUCE the number of triggers I'm using. I need to do this at waypoints using run script instead of using zones as triggers.

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Chuck,

Under ADVANCED ACTIONS for the 109's WP1, you can use PERFORM COMMAND > TRANSMIT MESSAGE to do this. As Toutenglisse says, it allows you to select a sound file and an accompanying "subtitle" which will show on screen as a written message. You just need to make sure that the 109 is on your desired frequency.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

I’m pretty sure I tried that. Did you try it in the mission yet to see if it works? I thought there was an issue because they’re in different coalitions.

SYSTEM:

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

The short answer is, "Yes and no." I'm using this technique in a mission I'm building, but not across coalitions.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

Gurus?? Anyone have the time to input a little lua script together so a RED coalition pilot can TransmitMessage to a BLUE coalition on the same frequency in a waypoint using run script???

SYSTEM:

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD